Page 78 of 161 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 2401
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    For the whole deal to actually work here were looking at guys who were drafted #1 and washed out of the league in those 1st , 3 rounds .
    Well, that's your deal, which is fine for you, but it wasn't my deal. My point was that winning the Heisman trophy is not a meaningful indicator of a guy's ability to play at a significant level in the NFL. And by that measure (which is the only one I was using/concerned with), a Heisman winner who doesn't get drafted or who only gets drafted in the late rounds and has no impact further underscores my point.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

So far the Cowboys have won the last 4 out of 5 games to make the NFC East very exciting going down the stretch. This game was probably the most emotional win the boys had this season what with the horrible stuff that happened in the last day or so.

Elder Member

Great win by the Skins, but I fear for RGIII's health and safety going forward. He's not going to last long if he keeps taking those hits.

Giants vs Saints...no defense, no problem
    Support your local roller derby league

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Well, that's your deal, which is fine for you, but it wasn't my deal. My point was that winning the Heisman trophy is not a meaningful indicator of a guy's ability to play at a significant level in the NFL. And by that measure (which is the only one I was using/concerned with), a Heisman winner who doesn't get drafted or who only gets drafted in the late rounds and has no impact further underscores my point.
    What of those drafted who have achieved success ? Because here is the list of players who have achieved success...

Roger Staubach
    OJ Simpson
    Jim Plunkett
    Tony Dorsett
    Earl Campbell
    Billy Sims (Knee injury ended career 5 seasons in , no telling what he could have done)
    Marcus Allen
    Hershel Walker
    Doug Flutie (Drafted late , had a very fun NFL career in late 90's/2000's.)
    Bo Jackson
    Tim Brown
    Barry Sanders
    Eddie George
    Charles Woodson
    Ricky Williams

Its too early to say about RGIII or Cam Newton right now. But hell your whole deal about the Heisman not being an indicator of talent is a bit off. Not with this list of players who have won and had pretty ok NFL careers. Some in the NFL Hall of Fame. Sure there is many busts that come out. Yes some have been Heisman winners. But for the most part , winning it seems to indicate a talent that will work in the NFL for the most part.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Nick Foles has seemingly had his ARRIVAL game. Nearly 400 yards passing and leading the team in rushing. This was a game where he was the guy clearly having to win this. Reid maybe gone next season , but this Nick Foles should be given a chance to play for the job next season.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

What of those drafted who have achieved success ? Because here is the list of players who have achieved success...

Roger Staubach
    OJ Simpson
    Jim Plunkett
    Tony Dorsett
    Earl Campbell
    Billy Sims (Knee injury ended career 5 seasons in , no telling what he could have done)
    Marcus Allen
    Hershel Walker
    Bo Jackson
    Tim Brown
    Barry Sanders
    Eddie George
    Charles Woodson
    Ricky Williams

Its too early to say about RGIII or Cam Newton right now. But hell your whole deal about the Heisman not being an indicator of talent is a bit off. Not with this list of players who have won and had pretty ok NFL careers. Some in the NFL Hall of Fame. Sure there is many busts that come out. Yes some have been Heisman winners. But for the most part , winning it seems to indicate a talent that will work in the NFL for the most part.
    OJ forfeits his success for what he did afterwards and I wouldn't say that Ricky is successive at all.

Elder Member

Roger Staubach
    OJ Simpson
    Jim Plunkett
    Tony Dorsett
    Earl Campbell
    Marcus Allen
    Hershel Walker
    Bo Jackson
    Tim Brown
    Barry Sanders
    Eddie George
    Charles Woodson
    Ricky Williams

Whatever, man.

You entire argument is based on looking only at the small sample of Heisman trophy winners who were early round picks and measuring their success. That has zero to do with the point I'm making about the overall impact winning the Heisman has on a guy's chances becoming a significant NFL player (which is a much different thing that claiming it's "not an indicator of talent" which is your misrepresentation of what I said.)

You're cherry-picking, and you're doing it in a fairly obvious, ham-fisted fashion.
    Last edited by kalorama; 12-09-2012 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    OJ forfeits his success for what he did afterwards and I wouldn't say that Ricky is successive at all.
    As much shit as OJ did in his personal life...he was a success on the field. Guy achieved some great stuff when he was a Buffalo Bill.

Ricky Williams is one people will debate about. But here is the simple fact about Ricky. The guy ...when he wanted to played. He played very well and had 10,000+ yards rushing in his career. But he's a guy who could have done a hell of a lot more in his 12 NFL seasons. He quit the NFL and stayed gone nearly 2 seasons. He likely could have been in the top 10 RB's. But instead he didn't really seem to care as much for that. He's retired again as the Ravens tried to get him to come back . He may do that again since he's quit before. But in 10 NFL seasons Ricky's numbers :

10,0009 Career Rushing yards 66 TDs

342 Receptions 2,606 yards 8 Tds

Imagine if he had played those 2 seasons fully . Imagine if the Dolphins didn't get nervous about him and make him share time after that with Ronnie Brown and what he may have done.

Whatever, man.

You entire argument is based on looking only at the small sample of Heisman trophy winners who were early round picks and measuring their success. That has zero to do with the point I'm making about the overall impact winning the Heisman has on a guy's chances becoming a significant NFL player (which is a much different thing that claiming it's "an indicator of talent" which is your misrepresentation of what I said.

You're cherry-picking, and you're doing it in a fairly obvious, ham-fisted fashion.
    If ya look back I named the Busts as well. I ran off 16 Heisman Trophy busts who came out and drafted so early . Its more split honestly. Its less cherry picking if you look. It seems pretty split down the middle .
    Last edited by SUPERECWFAN1; 12-09-2012 at 02:07 PM.

As much shit as OJ did in his personal life...he was a success on the field. Guy achieved some great stuff when he was a Buffalo Bill.

Ricky Williams is one people will debate about. But here is the simple fact about Ricky. The guy ...when he wanted to played. He played very well and had 10,000+ yards rushing in his career. But he's a guy who could have done a hell of a lot more in his 12 NFL seasons. He quit the NFL and stayed gone nearly 2 seasons. He likely could have been in the top 10 RB's. But instead he didn't really seem to care as much for that. He's retired again as the Ravens tried to get him to come back . He may do that again since he's quit before. But in 10 NFL seasons Ricky's numbers :

10,0009 Career Rushing yards 66 TDs

342 Receptions 2,606 yards 8 Tds

Imagine if he had played those 2 seasons fully . Imagine if the Dolphins didn't get nervous about him and make him share time after that with Ronnie Brown and what he may have done.
    Believe me I wanted Ricky to succeed because he was the reason I became a Longhorns fan in the late 90's. Instead, he decided to piss it all away on drugs. He would have probably been the first RB to be even close to get to Smith's rushing record.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Believe me I wanted Ricky to succeed because he was the reason I became a Longhorns fan in the late 90's. Instead, he decided to piss it all away on drugs. He would have probably been the first RB to be even close to get to Smith's rushing record.
    He likely could have really. Hell his 1st Dolphins seasons the guy had nearly 4,000 yards rushing (he was injured that 3rd year) and had 31 TDs . Its just his personal issues hurt him really. He had social anxiety disorder which he thought smoking weed would help him handle it.

But in the end he did have his success...but like Randy Moss who spent 2 losing seasons with the Raiders and now is content to be a 4th string guy for the 49ers...we will ask ourselves...imagine what they could have done.

Dear lord the Seahawks are just DESTROYING the Cardinals. Its 31-0 in the 2nd quarter and Skelton has already thrown 3 Ints for the game. He seems on pace for 6 maybe.

The Seahawks decided to just go ahead and torture the Cardinals some more...its now 38-0 . Halftime ...

Great win by the Skins, but I fear for RGIII's health and safety going forward. He's not going to last long if he keeps taking those hits.
    Imagine how Washington fans must feel.

How can you enjoy watching this Guy play when every offensive down you are probably expecting a Joe Thiesman moment.