Page 75 of 161 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2401

Oh, sure. I just wonder why it took so long to get rid of the loud-mouthed putz.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

It took them a while because he got the team deep in the playoffs a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by RatFace View Post
    I'm waiting till next season before I anoint RGIII as the "greatest football player ever". Don't get me wrong, he's done some incredible stuff, but so did Cam Newton until the league got a full seasons film.
    Like I said earlier, look at the play calling of the Redskins. It's very deceptive, and it doesn't ask RG3 to make a lot of plays by himself.

Really, Alfred Morris is just as impressive as RG3.

One thing's for sure, if RG3 doesn't take better care of himself, he's going to get killed.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Is any of this news? I mean, I already assumed most of that (except the Miami rumor), but never really heard him say it. Barry was tired of being a Lion but wasn't the type of guy to want to start all over somewhere else. Is this the first time he's actually saying this stuff or something?
    Its actually the 1st time he's ever came out on TV and admitted why he retired. Because everyone had theories but it actually came from Sanders why he walked away.

WOULD figure out? He's BEEN figured out, last year, as I said. He's almost completely ineffectual. He's a "trick play". Once they get a defensive scheme geared towards something like that, it's over. Just ask my "Wildcat" Dolphins.
    The Patriots basically used their scheme and the Bills , Chiefs and more followed it. They realized they could play the LB's wide and force Tebow into the pocket. He wasn't gonna beat you with his arm. Because what Tebow would do is take the ball...run outta the pocket and throw. Because DBs would see him come out to run and chase after him , breaking coverage where he would throw. But once defenses schemed that , Tebow couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    Y'all, realize that all this Jets conjecture is going to be a moot point when they fire Rex in the off-season?
    I had read its a 50/50 chance Ryan either returns or not.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    It took them a while because he got the team deep in the playoffs a couple of times.

Like I said earlier, look at the play calling of the Redskins. It's very deceptive, and it doesn't ask RG3 to make a lot of plays by himself.

Really, Alfred Morris is just as impressive as RG3.

One thing's for sure, if RG3 doesn't take better care of himself, he's going to get killed.
    I'll disagree on the plays by himself. That read option Shanahan is doing is basically geared for RGIII . Gruden showed that 3-4 formations are all on what RGIII does. He either hands the ball to Morris to run . Or he fakes to throw ...or he runs. Its all geared on the premise of what is RGIII gonna do from that formation now. Because once he breaks out to run teams gotta be aware of it. (He owns the rookie QB rushing record with 714 yards already)

I will agree the dude has to learn to take care of himself . Because it showed all the massive shots he's taken. At his young age he can handle it for now. But 4-5 seasons down the road , if he's still taking those hits ...its gonna have its effect on him. Steve Young said for now RGIII can develope passing the ball and being a better all around QB this season. But he can't do this forever . That they will have to move away from taking massive shots and running so much.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadstar View Post
    Y'all, realize that all this Jets conjecture is going to be a moot point when they fire Rex in the off-season?
    I really hope it happends but I'm not holding my breath. They need to rebuild in the worst way. Sparano has to go too. And Tannenbaum, Tebow,Sanchez, etc,etc,etc...Can we just draft the Alabama football team.

Oh, sure. I just wonder why it took so long to get rid of the loud-mouthed putz.
    Because his first 2 years with the team they made the AFC Conf Championship game. Would've been an odd time to fire the man . . .

Wish I had watched more of this guy while he played.
    - "Sometimes you just gotta look to the heavens and say 'wow, when G-d created Barry Sanders, even He didn't know what He made" -Lions play by play announcer
    - "Whatever you do, Don't. Hurt. Thurman. We don't want to play against the backup, freshman Barry Sanders" -Barry Switzer
    - "The 3rd best running back of all-time, Barry Sanders" -William Sanders
    - "Barry, do you feel badly that you're not getting the ball" "Coach, we're winning the game"
    - "Until yesterday OJ was my least favorite NFL running back, but he only stabbed 2 people in the back " -Detroit radio-show caller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQp90Rzj9M

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    - "Until yesterday OJ was my least favorite NFL running back, but he only stabbed 2 people in the back " -Detroit radio-show caller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGQp90Rzj9M
    The moment someone said this...they should have called and called the guy a piece of shit. Wow...he retired...when he wanted. He didn't stab you in the back you piece of dumb shit.

If memory serves, it was the fact that Sanders didn't give anybody any sort of indication that he was considering not playing anymore; in fact, the speculation was that he was trying to force his way out of town and ownership wouldn't budge. Of course this was a very long time ago and there's been a whole lot of beer under the bridge since then. I'd compare the invective directed at Sanders then to what Lebron received when he left Cleveland. Most fans are not pieces of shit, they may care too much for their team or have to much of their own sense of self-worth tied into the team that represents the region in which they live.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    If memory serves, it was the fact that Sanders didn't give anybody any sort of indication that he was considering not playing anymore; in fact, the speculation was that he was trying to force his way out of town and ownership wouldn't budge. Of course this was a very long time ago and there's been a whole lot of beer under the bridge since then. I'd compare the invective directed at Sanders then to what Lebron received when he left Cleveland. Most fans are not pieces of shit, they may care too much for their team or have to much of their own sense of self-worth tied into the team that represents the region in which they live.
    Barry Sanders wanted to be traded because the Lions weren't going anywhere and refused to spend any money to bring in talent, so he retired

if anything, the fans of Detroit should be placing the blame on ownership
    Support your local roller derby league

I do not recall EVER hearing that he wanted to be traded. He wanted to be on a better team, but he wanted that team to be the Lions.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

Lions ownership was lousy for years, but there are a lot of teams I could say that about (I'm looking at you Ralph Wilson).

Lion ownership has been a problem for over 50 years. I don't think they'll ever get anywhere until the Fords release their stranglehold.
    'Dox out.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Barry in the video claims he went back and forth on retiring the entire off-season. It was hard to decide and he finally issued a statement the day before training camp. That should have been good enough. Fans could have missed Sanders. But to claim he stabbed them in the back...after 10 seasons of great playing and doing all he could ? That smacked of the ultimate assholery. When Gonzalez left KC in a trade (which KC had all rights not to do) the biggest reception for Gonzalez was him holding a fans deal and telling them he would miss them. Fans even cheered Gonzalez when he came back as a Falcon.

The sport fans should have showed some class really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Barry Sanders wanted to be traded because the Lions weren't going anywhere and refused to spend any money to bring in talent, so he retired

if anything, the fans of Detroit should be placing the blame on ownership
    I do not recall EVER hearing that he wanted to be traded. He wanted to be on a better team, but he wanted that team to be the Lions.
    If ya watch the video on NFL.Com he claims there never was a trade demand or talks with the Dolphins. He didn't want to be traded.

and Eric Dickerson claims he was never paid to go to SMU

he can claim all he wants, doesn't make it the truth
    Support your local roller derby league