Page 73 of 161 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 2401

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    I REALLY hate the idea of Vick coming to Buffalo.
    As a Jets fan I love the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by mrc1214 View Post
    As a Jets fan I love the idea.
    Of course making a splashy move to make sure they get publicity is a typical Jets move, so maybe Vick is just going to be changing the shade of green he wears next season.

Trade for Tebow, they obviously don't want him in New Jersey.
    A Fool for the Foom

Last night's game was entertaining. A couple of things about RG3:

1. A lot of his success can be attributed to Shanahan's masterful play calling. The Redskins work best with misdirection.

2. That fumble touchdown was lucky as all hell.

The Giants were uncharacteristically penalty-prone last night, and that's why they lost.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    And that falls largely on the head coach. Instilling discipline and getting players to buy into what he wants them to do is item one on a head coach's job description. Schwartz has done a poor job of that. Hell, even when they were winning the were playing without much discipline. The Lions are in exactly the situation that gets coaches fired every year in every sport: a team with talent that underachieves.

True, the responsibility of having a mature and capable team lies on the head coach, and also some of the things that cost Detroit victories were as a result of Schwartz (and this isn't that challenge flag). However, I think he deserves one more season, and if Detroit has a lousy year next year, then he deserves to be fired.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by jesse_custer View Post
    Last night's game was entertaining. A couple of things about RG3:

1. A lot of his success can be attributed to Shanahan's masterful play calling. The Redskins work best with misdirection.

2. That fumble touchdown was lucky as all hell.

The Giants were uncharacteristically penalty-prone last night, and that's why they lost.
    Conversely, the Redskins--who one of the most penalty prone teams in the NFL--were relatively clean in that area.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    True, the responsibility of having a mature and capable team lies on the head coach, and also some of the things that cost Detroit victories were as a result of Schwartz (and this isn't that challenge flag). However, I think he deserves one more season, and if Detroit has a lousy year next year, then he deserves to be fired.
    Well, given that you agree about his shortcomings and failures . . . why do you think he deserves another year?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Of course making a splashy move to make sure they get publicity is a typical Jets move, so maybe Vick is just going to be changing the shade of green he wears next season.
    I really hope not. I've never been a fan of Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by finfangfool View Post
    Trade for Tebow, they obviously don't want him in New Jersey.
    As someone who lives here we really don't or Sanchez either. A lot of women would be very upset though.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    NFC east will be wild
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    It could very well go down to the last game in the season to determine the NFC East. As of right now the skins are looking mighty good to take it. The game to watch would be the boys/skins game.
    Yup! It ain't over yet!
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

sources point to Braylon Edwards being released from Seattle
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    sources point to Braylon Edwards being released from Seattle
    And will probably wind up in New England.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

God I hope not. Wasn't Donte Stallworth enough silliness in the WR department?
    A Fool for the Foom

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

In funny news ...ESPN is angry that Tim Tebow was not even considered at coming in as a possible backup when Sanchez was benched.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...z-keeps-qb-job

7. Tim Tebow wasn't even a factor in this quarterback decision. He has to be wondering, "Why did I want to come to the Jets?" He has a right to be frustrated. They sold him a bill of goods. It'll be interesting to see how they use Tebow this week. Would they dare to deactivate him for his homecoming game in Jacksonville? The Jaguars, hoping for a big crowd, don't want that to happen.
    Except they didn't. In fact during camp it was no secret the Jets wanted Tebow to work on his passing skills and that they wanted him mostly for the wildcat offense and use him as a running back more or less. At no point was Tebow ever sold a bill of goods he'd replace Mark Sanchez as the Jets QB. The media (ESPN mostly) and some foolish NY Jets fans may have thought it. But the coaching staff and more sold it on the fact that Tebow would never ever replace Sanchez unless it was an absolute emergency situation.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Jacksonville was hoping, just hoping so they could sell some tickets
    Support your local roller derby league

He was listed as the backup QB, rosterwise that means he goes in as QB when Sanchez comes out, otherwise he'd be listed as third string or lower, and quite a few people would argue that Sanchez stinking it up royally would have been the emergency situation, and that started happening a while ago.

And really do the Jets even have a wildcat formation? Mostly its just snap him the ball and have him run it up the middle. Never mind being a blocker for the punt team. So one could argue that they failed to deliver even on that.

Seriously at this point I say give him the ball, you don't have a prayer at making the playoffs, at least he'll get some ratings and take Sanchez(who may possibly be ruined as a QB by this point) out of the spotlight for a while.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link