Page 71 of 161 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2401
    King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

That fumble by Brown really put the nail in the coffin for the Eagles in the game tonight.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    That fumble by Brown really put the nail in the coffin for the Eagles in the game tonight.
    That was disappointing. I was really pulling for the Eagles to pull it out, only because Dallas losing helped the 'Skins.

On a different note . . . it may be time for Jim Schwartz to go.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    There is no maybe in that sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    That was disappointing. I was really pulling for the Eagles to pull it out, only because Dallas losing helped the 'Skins.

Washinton needs to at least win one against te giants or ravens to Go for a wild card bit if they take both good shot at division
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by sHayden View Post
    There is no maybe in that sentence.
    It may be a bit premature to fire Schwartz, as more than a few of the "talking head experts" predicted that the Lions would take a step back this season. If they struggle like this again next season, well, that's another story.

Yesterday was a perfect example of why I struggle to consider the Ravens as a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    It may be a bit premature to fire Schwartz, as more than a few of the "talking head experts" predicted that the Lions would take a step back this season. If they struggle like this again next season, well, that's another story.
    I think this year shouldn't be placed entirely on Schwartz. Rather, the blame should be on the team itself. They got so much talent, and yet they constantly screw up by going out and play unprofessional football. Hell, Titus Young deliberately did wrong plays because he was selfish.

I'm happy for the Colts winning, but Detroit blew that game.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Welcome to Lion football. They've been like that for over 50 years. This group showed a little more promise at first, but now they seem to be the same old "block by holding"/"tackle by running into people"/"offsides all the time"/"oh, we just barely lost!" Lions of old.
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Washinton needs to at least win one against te giants or ravens to Go for a wild card bit if they take both good shot at division
    I think there are too many teams ahead of them for them to have a realistic shot at the wildcard (although I say this without looking at the schedule the rest of the way). They'd practically have to win out and have several of the teams ahead of them go on slides. Odds are the only way any team in the NFC East makes the playoffs is to win the division.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I think this year shouldn't be placed entirely on Schwartz. Rather, the blame should be on the team itself. They got so much talent, and yet they constantly screw up by going out and play unprofessional football.
    And that falls largely on the head coach. Instilling discipline and getting players to buy into what he wants them to do is item one on a head coach's job description. Schwartz has done a poor job of that. Hell, even when they were winning the were playing without much discipline. The Lions are in exactly the situation that gets coaches fired every year in every sport: a team with talent that underachieves.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Welcome to Lion football. They've been like that for over 50 years. This group showed a little more promise at first, but now they seem to be the same old "block by holding"/"tackle by running into people"/"offsides all the time"/"oh, we just barely lost!" Lions of old.
    I feel for that fanbase...you get a glimmer of hope and then, back to status quo
    Support your local roller derby league

I don't! I have to live with these starry-eyed deniers of reality! "Look at how close all these games are! We're really good!" No, if you consistently lose and they're all close, it means you're likely shitting in your own hat. Discipline and fundamentals. Detroit's always lacked it and it's what holds them back (although decades of going into games with the attitude "Well, I hope we win, but we probably won't." didn't help anything).
    'Dox out.

"But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Yesterday was a perfect example of why I struggle to consider the Ravens as a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

I agree. Flacco is not the answer at QB.

Flacco plays better in the playoffs than he does in the regular season.

I'm more concerned about Baltimore's defense.

Rookie of the Year this year will be interesting. Honestly it'll probably come down to Luck vs RG3 again, but there's a lot of outstanding rookie play this year.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link