Page 58 of 161 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 2401
  1. #856
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    As a diehard Niner fan I have to say I am hugely impressed with Kaep's 1st NFL start. Couldn't have written a better script against a stingy Bears Defense. Very excited for his future, and glad we have two QB's that can get the job done. As far as starting goes, when healthy Alex Smith will get that spot. He has done nothing to lose that job whatsoever, and he's having a great year. We will continue to use Kaep as we've done against the Packers, Jets, etc. But for now Smith is still the starter, although I can tell Harbaugh is in awe of Kaep's skill set...so we'll see. Still, exciting to be a 49er fan right now!
    this isn't 1920...you go with the hot hand

    Tom Brady got his job because of the exact same situation...Drew Bledsoe was having a good year, got knocked out, and Brady came in and did it better

    and like a previous poster said, they were looking to move Smith this last off season anyway when they were in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes
    Support your local roller derby league

  2. #857
    Bronze Aged B.A.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    this isn't 1920...you go with the hot hand

    Tom Brady got his job because of the exact same situation...Drew Bledsoe was having a good year, got knocked out, and Brady came in and did it better

    and like a previous poster said, they were looking to move Smith this last off season anyway when they were in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes
    No argument there...having two starting QB's is a good problem to have. Reminds me of the whole Montana/Young fiasco way back when.

  3. #858
    Not my job to care Hiromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Posts
    7,173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    this isn't 1920...you go with the hot hand

    Tom Brady got his job because of the exact same situation...Drew Bledsoe was having a good year, got knocked out, and Brady came in and did it better

    and like a previous poster said, they were looking to move Smith this last off season anyway when they were in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes
    Unless you're the Jets.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

  4. #859
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,520

    Default

    It's the jets what do u expect but yeah this scenario is pretty much exactly how Brady got his job. Miners can trade smith for something useful
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  5. #860
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    As a diehard Niner fan I have to say I am hugely impressed with Kaep's 1st NFL start. Couldn't have written a better script against a stingy Bears Defense. Very excited for his future, and glad we have two QB's that can get the job done. As far as starting goes, when healthy Alex Smith will get that spot. He has done nothing to lose that job whatsoever, and he's having a great year. We will continue to use Kaep as we've done against the Packers, Jets, etc. But for now Smith is still the starter, although I can tell Harbaugh is in awe of Kaep's skill set...so we'll see. Still, exciting to be a 49er fan right now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    this isn't 1920...you go with the hot hand

    Tom Brady got his job because of the exact same situation...Drew Bledsoe was having a good year, got knocked out, and Brady came in and did it better

    and like a previous poster said, they were looking to move Smith this last off season anyway when they were in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes

    Uhhh to be fair here ... the Patriots was 0-1 when Bledsoe suddenly went down with that internal bleeding hit. The Patriots weren't gonna ride the hot hand of Brady unless Bledsoe could have came back. And his injury made him be out the entire season . So Brady got the job for that reason. And things weren't going so well under Bledsoe because in the 2000 season the team was 5-11 .

    The 49ers situation is vastly different. The past 2 seasons Alex Smith has played very well and not someone you would debate is in danger of losing his job. Also the fact was he was playing pretty well this season before his concussion. Kaepernick has only started 1 game. Its one game and before the team rides his hot hand completely , maybe we all should wait and see what he does in the next game he may have to start.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  6. #861
    Nyah! Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kalamazoo MI/Millennium City MI
    Posts
    33,379

    Default

    Brady got the opportunity to show he was better than Bledsoe, nothing more. Bledsoe was always quite overrated anyway.
    'Dox out.

    "But I think the difference is, when Democrats go crazy, they get shown the door. When Republicans go crazy they get appointed to the Science committee. " - Shawn Hopkins

    "Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

    "And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega


    Champions: The Conclave
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

  7. #862
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    Blaine Gabbert has been placed on IR
    Support your local roller derby league

  8. #863
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    36,799

    Default

    Word is Arizona might start Ryan Lindley to see what he's capable of until Kevin Kolb comes of the injured list. Ken Whisenhunt and the organization may have seen "enough" of John Skelton, with him missing a wide-open Larry Fitzgerald in the second quarter against Atlanta being the final straw.

    CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

    X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

  9. #864
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Uhhh to be fair here ... the Patriots was 0-1 when Bledsoe suddenly went down with that internal bleeding hit. The Patriots weren't gonna ride the hot hand of Brady unless Bledsoe could have came back. And his injury made him be out the entire season . So Brady got the job for that reason. And things weren't going so well under Bledsoe because in the 2000 season the team was 5-11 .

    The 49ers situation is vastly different. The past 2 seasons Alex Smith has played very well and not someone you would debate is in danger of losing his job. Also the fact was he was playing pretty well this season before his concussion. Kaepernick has only started 1 game. Its one game and before the team rides his hot hand completely , maybe we all should wait and see what he does in the next game he may have to start.
    Once again Smith was terrible before Jim came down. I will admit Alex Smith is a good game manager though you cannot expect anything great from him but nothing poor so he has a small margin of error around the C. Niners don't need him to do much for them to win, they need him not to do anything wrong which he does by not doing much at all. But Alex Smith is not Peyton Manning, he is not the most important factor in his team winning by a long shot.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  10. #865
    Senior Member inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Goodell finds out the Saints are .500

    Pulling for: HATE!; League of Extraordinary Gentlemen; Doktor Sleepless; S.H.I.E.L.D.; Sergio Aragones Funnies; The Manhattan Projects; MIND MGMT; Nightcrawler

  11. #866
    Junior Member Tuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Looks like Harbaugh has made the decision to go with Colin Kaepernick this Sunday against the Saints according to Jim Trotter of IS.com, Harbaugh saying that the decision was not based on Alex's health issue.

  12. #867
    Bronze Aged B.A.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
    Looks like Harbaugh has made the decision to go with Colin Kaepernick this Sunday against the Saints according to Jim Trotter of IS.com, Harbaugh saying that the decision was not based on Alex's health issue.
    Yep, also this:

    Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter

    i have great respect for @tdespn and alex smith, and stand behind my report. harbaugh to alex: "I'm going with Kaepernick. Alex, I'm sorry."
    tdespn is Trent Dilfer who is good friends with Alex. Just as I feared, Harbaugh is in awe of Kaep's abilities. But truth be told, and although I support both QB's-- I am tired of just having a "game manager". If Kaepernick plays like he did on MNF the rest of the year we would be unstoppable. But he is bound to have his up's and downs like all QB's, especially once teams learn to play against him. There is no drama like NFL drama. I just hope Harbs bromance with Kaep doesn't screw up our season!

  13. #868
    Observer Vibranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    19,266

    Default

    hey where is the Jags fan who said Gabbert was a lot better than he seemed and the Jags were going to make the playoffs?
    Support your local roller derby league

  14. #869
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    492

    Default

    I thought this was CUTE. She is REALLY GOOD.

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...ameDay-Morning
    Don't SWEAR! I find it OFFENSIVE!

  15. #870
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gravity View Post
    Yep, also this:



    tdespn is Trent Dilfer who is good friends with Alex. Just as I feared, Harbaugh is in awe of Kaep's abilities. But truth be told, and although I support both QB's-- I am tired of just having a "game manager". If Kaepernick plays like he did on MNF the rest of the year we would be unstoppable. But he is bound to have his up's and downs like all QB's, especially once teams learn to play against him. There is no drama like NFL drama. I just hope Harbs bromance with Kaep doesn't screw up our season!
    Its going to be interesting to see really. Lets see what Kaepernick can do with his 2nd game before we crown him as the next great one really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    hey where is the Jags fan who said Gabbert was a lot better than he seemed and the Jags were going to make the playoffs?
    Did anyone say the Jaguars were gonna go to the playoffs ? I mean the team is what...2-7 ? I remember myself saying Gabbert needed to keep developing because as a rookie he was terrible. In his 2nd season he needed to keep working on things.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •