Page 47 of 161 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    Each season? Or do you mean that they're going to be a regular visitor? Minnesota is also giving up one of their games - and I think it'll be at the refurbished Metrodome even.
    The way it is set up is that Jacksonville will play one home game for the next three years in London, but the NFL's original London game will still be intact, which may have Minnesota be the home team next season.

Like I said before; it is a good option for teams that have a hard time selling out their venues, but it would be a really bad idea to put a team there full-time. I honestly believe that Britons look at American football more as a curiousity than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyK View Post
    Michael Vick stated that he has to get his "swag" back; I take that to mean to not watch game film, play undisciplined football, and slaughter dogs?
    I think its more of him finally admitting that, other than a few bright moments, he was really a star running back that was handed the ball every time and that his time in the NFL is almost over. I mean, Robert Griffin III, despite being a rookie, is doing what Vick did in his early years, but is also throwing the ball successfully.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    I think its more of him finally admitting that, other than a few bright moments, he was really a star running back that was handed the ball every time and that his time in the NFL is almost over. I mean, Robert Griffin III, despite being a rookie, is doing what Vick did in his early years, but is also throwing the ball successfully.
    Vick has always had issues trying to rally a team back . Because once he gets down , the defense will just set back and make Vick throw to beat them. In Atlanta he never could do it. Here now with the Eagles he seemingly can't.

I do respect McNabb even more because he came out and defended McNabb saying he deserves to be given a chance and not all the blame. Which he doesn't. But the team has gotta have a better defense to help Vick. Because once they go down by 14-21 points its not gonna end well.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    The way it is set up is that Jacksonville will play one home game for the next three years in London, but the NFL's original London game will still be intact, which may have Minnesota be the home team next season.

Like I said before; it is a good option for teams that have a hard time selling out their venues, but it would be a really bad idea to put a team there full-time. I honestly believe that Britons look at American football more as a curiousity than anything else.

I'm going to stick to the school of thought that says the only major similarity between Vick and RGIII is the color of their skin. By all accounts RGIII works very hard at his craft, he studies a lot of game film like all the great ones do. Vick, by his own admission has never been interested in doing that. In the NFL you need a QB that is good under pressure, one who can make good decisions, and that simply isn't Vick, no way, no how.

DEN -4, GB -10.5, BUF +10, CLE +3.5, CHI -3.5, DET -4.5, IND +2, WAS -3, TB +1, SEA -4, PIT +3.5, DAL +4, NO -3

This week: 1-0
    Last week: 6-8
    Overall: 59-57-3

Adam Schefter is reporting that Sean Paytons contract extenstion is null and void and he will be a free agent after serving his suspension
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Adam Schefter is reporting that Sean Paytons contract extenstion is null and void and he will be a free agent after serving his suspension
    I suspect New Orleans will come back and offer him a load of money. They won't let Payton go so easy honestly.

Honestly in a nice dream deal I'd love if KC could offer him the freaking moon and have him come in. But unlikely. It would take a hell of a lot of great luck. I doubt it happens. Its more likely Pioli talks Cowher into coming out of retirement and letting him control things with the coaching staff.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I suspect New Orleans will come back and offer him a load of money. They won't let Payton go so easy honestly.

Honestly in a nice dream deal I'd love if KC could offer him the freaking moon and have him come in. But unlikely. It would take a hell of a lot of great luck. I doubt it happens. Its more likely Pioli talks Cowher into coming out of retirement and letting him control things with the coaching staff.
    keep dreaming....you're not getting a big name coach in KC, because you're a mid market team...if Cowher ever comes back, and I highly doubt it at this point, it will be a big market franchise, or Carolina (because it is close to home)

if Payton goes anywhere, he may go to Dallas because Jerry Jones will throw a boatload of money at him....a bigger boatload than New Orleans has

keep dreaming....you're not getting a big name coach in KC, because you're a mid market team...if Cowher ever comes back, and I highly doubt it at this point, it will be a big market franchise, or Carolina (because it is close to home)

if Payton goes anywhere, he may go to Dallas because Jerry Jones will throw a boatload of money at him....a bigger boatload than New Orleans has
    Oh get off the whole mid-market bullshit you spout. Carolina isn't a huge market team . Neither are the Dolphins either who wanted Cowher. You would think the Steelers was some major fucking world market in your belief. But it too wasn't.

Just because your team is in a huge media market doesn't mean every fucking team holds to that . And not every coach is like...oooohh ohhh fuck we need a major market to coach in like New York or LA. In fact some have even said the NY Press makes them not wanna coach there due to how they act at times.

Oh get off the whole mid-market bullshit you spout. Carolina isn't a huge market team . Neither are the Dolphins either who wanted Cowher. You would think the Steelers was some major fucking world market in your belief. But it too wasn't.

Just because your team is in a huge media market doesn't mean every fucking team holds to that . And not every coach is like...oooohh ohhh fuck we need a major market to coach in like New York or LA. In fact some have even said the NY Press makes them not wanna coach there due to how they act at times.
    but the Steelers had cache' and a lot of tradition behind them...read the rest of that post, I put in Carolina because he lives there and Cowher has expressed wanting to be closer to home if he goes back to coaching

actually my team is the defending Super Bowl Champion in the #1 media market in the country

and no teams don't hold to that, but the NFL likes when the big market teams are competitive as it means more money for them...and to have one of the better coaches of this era going to what amounts to NFL purgatory really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...honestly if Cowher was to go back to coaching, I could see either him landing with the Jets or taking over the Giants when Coughlin retires or gets fired (because he's been getting fired next week for the last 4 years now)

but the Steelers had cache' and a lot of tradition behind them...read the rest of that post, I put in Carolina because he lives there and Cowher has expressed wanting to be closer to home if he goes back to coaching
    Which is nice for the Steelers. Old teams have history and tradition and sure winning makes it better. But not a major market team as you claimed.

actually my team is the defending Super Bowl Champion in the #1 media market in the country
    Which is great but ask a lot of the coaches before this , would they go there and quite a lot wouldn't. In fact 3+ seasons ago , Mike Shanahan turned down an offer from going there to coach the Bill (who are in New York) . His reasons was the weather. A lot of coaches have said the attitude of the New York media at times can be a turn off.

and no teams don't hold to that, but the NFL likes when the big market teams are competitive as it means more money for them...and to have one of the better coaches of this era going to what amounts to NFL purgatory really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...honestly if Cowher was to go back to coaching, I could see either him landing with the Jets or taking over the Giants when Coughlin retires or gets fired (because he's been getting fired next week for the last 4 years now)
    This is why Cowher would never really like to handle the media. Coughlin has won 2 Superbowls but the media claims how he's gonna be fired for the last 4 seasons. That is a hell of a nice place . And just because its not big ole New York , doesn't mean every team outside is NFL purgatory. I now hope he takes a small market coaching job (even if its not the Chiefs) for this weird ass belief.

I had to bench Megatron in my fantasy league this week. He hasn't done squat all season and now his knee is hurt.

So, of course, he's going to catch 4 touchdowns and have 200 yards.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Even with Cam Newton having some sophomore slump now, this game against RGIII should be great. 2 QB's in the same mold. Should be fun.

This is why Cowher would never really like to handle the media. Coughlin has won 2 Superbowls but the media claims how he's gonna be fired for the last 4 seasons. That is a hell of a nice place . And just because its not big ole New York , doesn't mean every team outside is NFL purgatory. I now hope he takes a small market coaching job (even if its not the Chiefs) for this weird ass belief.
    never said it was nice...not everyone (regardless of talent or resume) can play in NY and handle the media...and it's different from every other city in that respect...I mean you have a bad game in San Diego (I love the Chargers by the way) and the worst you may get is a bad write up in the San Diego Union Tribune....you f**k up in NY, and you have two nationally distributed newspapers and the country's longest standing sports talk radio station (WFAN) right there all up in your face

Eli handles the media just fine and he's hardly a dynamic personality, he handled them ok even when the Giants weren't doing so well

never said it was nice...not everyone (regardless of talent or resume) can play in NY and handle the media...and it's different from every other city in that respect...I mean you have a bad game in San Diego (I love the Chargers by the way) and the worst you may get is a bad write up in the San Diego Union Tribune....you f**k up in NY, and you have two nationally distributed newspapers and the country's longest standing sports talk radio station (WFAN) right there all up in your face

Eli handles the media just fine and he's hardly a dynamic personality, he handled them ok even when the Giants weren't doing so well
    Which again doesn't change what I posted...quite a lot of people don't wanna handle it. There is enough pressure in sports already for them to do good and perform without guys calling for a firing if a season doesn't go exactly well or a guy to be benched.

This Redskins/Panthers game would be great for a college fan. The QB's are taking quite a lot of fun snaps from the shotgun , doing handoffs , sweeps and QB runs from it. Also the Redskins are lining up in the pistol formation as well. Pretty cool to see it at times here.