Page 1 of 161 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Default NFL 2012 Regular Season Thread

Considering kickoff is tonight... it's probably about time we begin our regular season thread. For anyone wanting to look back upon the past off-season, here's the thread from that.

Feel free to lead things off with your predictions about division winners/records before the games start, as per tradition.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

2012 Predictions (NFC):

NFC East:
    1st Place: Philadelphia Eagles- Nobody seems to know why “The Dream Team” had such a rough start last season. Maybe it was too many new faces that didn’t have a full training camp and OTAs to jell together. Well, they won 6 of their last 8 to finish at .500 last year. If Michael Vick stays healthy, and maybe even if he doesn’t, with how good Nick Foles looked in the pre-season, the Eagles will be on top.
    2nd Place: New York Giants- The Giants are notorious for underachieving in the preseason, and Eli Manning throws a lot of picks. Having lost both Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs this past offseason means some other players will have to step up in their stead on offense. The defensive side of the ball? If Antrel Rolle and the rest of the secondary keep their head on right, they’ll be fine. The front 7 seems loaded, just like always.
    3rd Place: Dallas Cowboys-When the preseason is spent talking about off-the-field issues (Dez Bryant), countless injuries (Witten, Austin, and the O-Line)… it makes sense that some are already talking about whether or not Tony Romo and coach Jason Garrett will be back in 2013, since Jerry Jones isn’t known for his patience. Credit where it’s due, Dallas improved their secondary through the draft and free agency, but that might not be enough for them to get to the playoffs when they’ve done nothing but get older everywhere else.
    4th Place: Washington Redskins-RGIII is already described as a savior. Well, I think he’s the real deal. However, that doesn’t fix the fact that they have virtually no other offensive weapons, and they cut both Chris Cooley and Tim Hightower, to boot. Their defense should be solid, but not what I would call elite. They’ll be improved, and probably finish 6-10 or 7-9.

NFC North:
    1st Place: Green Bay Packers- They’re still LOADED. Their only weakness might be at backup QB, if Aaron Rodgers goes down with an injury. They finished 15-1 last year, I’d expect a drop off from that, but I don’t know that they’ll be overtaken for the division title.
    2nd Place: Chicago Bears (Wild Card)-The Bears had some key injuries last year about mid-season that kept them out of the playoffs, most notably to Jay Cutler. His lack of receivers didn’t help, either. Now they reunited him with Brandon Marshall (a guy who once caught 20 receptions in a game sure improves their WR corps), and they held onto Matt Forte, to boot. For the first time maybe in like a decade, the defense has concerns, primarily with age. Brian Urlacher is a Hall of Famer, as far as I’m concerned, but he’s starting to hit that point where they’re holding him together with duct tape, after years of punishing hits on opponents.
    3rd Place: Detroit Lions- Detroit finally got back to the playoffs last year, but I see them taking a big step back. They clearly fell off in the second half, mostly due to mental errors and Suh losing his damned mind versus the Packers. This off-season they made more headlines for the police blotter than anything else. They’ll be a fun team to watch, but I see them narrowly missing the playoffs.
    4th Place: Minnesota Vikings- We still don’t know what RB Adrian Peterson will look like after major surgery following his grueling injury, they only have Christian Ponder (underwhelming as a rookie) at QB, and an aging defense with only Jared Allen to regard as note-worthy. And to be honest, Jared Allen only plays for personal stats, like say, sacks, by trying to rush outside. I’ve watched teams burn Minnesota by running where he is on a lot of snaps, only to see him dive outside anticipating a pass that isn’t coming and hoping he’s going to drill an opposing QB. So I don’t think that plays well to the overall D. The Vikings, while one of my all-time favorite teams… I’m afraid they might be getting the #1 overall pick in this year’s draft with another dismal record. So good news, Vikes fans… there’s a kid at USC you’ll have at center in 2013.

NFC South:
    1st Place: Atlanta Falcons- Atlanta really needs to learn how to play post-season football, because Matty Ice melts under the pressure every year when the playoffs roll around. That doesn’t stop the fact that they are as loaded on offense as just about any team in the NFC (save maybe Green Bay), and their defensive is slightly above average. Expect them at the top when the dust settles.
    2nd Place: Carolina Panthers (Wild Card)- I’m nervous to say this, because they were god-awful in 2010, but last year, Carolina had drastic improvement mostly due to Cam Newton. For a kid whose arm and accuracy were suspect, he humiliated critics by setting passing yards by a debuting rookie against Arizona before my eyes last year in Week 1. He also was running the ball into the end-zone at a frantic pace. Another year later, and Carolina has upgraded their roster in a lot of other places, and could go 9-7 and get in for the NFC.
    3rd Place: New Orleans Saints-They’re not terrible, but all the suspensions, and the revolving door they’re going to have for who’s coaching what week is going to be a lot for this team to overcome. BountyGate will make them mortal, but I’m expecting them to still go 8-8.
    4th Place: Tampa Bay Buccaneers- I don’t feel like they drastically improved this past off-season and they lost their last ten games of 2011. I know they were good in 2010, and surprised a lot of people. But I don’t think last year was a fluke. I think that’s the real Bucs. A sub .500 team.

NFC West:
    1st Place: San Francisco 49ers- They’re not going 13-3 this year. I don’t care if they did improve on offense by bringing in Mario Manningham, Randy Moss, and Brandon Jacobs. Their backfield was already crowded, so I don’t know if Jacobs is going to get the carries to make an impact. Moss hasn’t played in over a year, and was hardly lights out when he last did. Mario Manningham is the best #3 receiver in football, and will probably continue to be on a new team. But the real shortcoming is still at QB, where they can claim they weren’t trying to get Peyton Manning to upgrade over Alex Smith all they want, but C’MON, REALLY? Smith had a good year. ONE. Out of his first seven. If they really believed in him, they’d have signed him to more than a one year extension. I’m not seeing his TD/INT ratio staying as low as it did. Now, the 49ers are returning every starter to their defense, and you’d expect it to be formidable. Well, remember that they led the NFL in turnover ratio last year at a ridiculous +28. That will definitely help a team get to a 13-3 record. But it’s not a statistic you see a team repeat in, year in and year out. Expect San Francisco to still be the best team in a bad division, but they’ll be more like a 9-7 or 10-6 team in 2012.
    2nd Place: Arizona Cardinals- The Kevin Kolb trade is going to be remembered as one as the most disastrous in recent memory, and it will only make Miami feel better about trading for A.J. Feeley, and Washington better about trading for Donovan McNabb. Kolb won’t be starting Week One, but after losing LT Levi Brown for the season (and Levi was already a turnstile for DEs to blow by) expect D’Anthony Batiste and the rest of the Cardinals OL to be amongst the league leaders in sacks allowed. Kolb will probably get to start again when at some point, someone drills John Skelton in the ear hole. Heck, rookie Ryan Lindley might be seen by year’s end. Which is a damned shame because with Larry Fitzgerald, Beanie Wells, Michael Floyd, and Ryan Williams, there’s a lot of talent at the skill positions on offense, and the defense really came together to help Arizona win 7 of its last 9 games last year. This year… Ken Whisenhunt will somehow make his team win 6 to 8 games.
    3rd Place: Seattle Seahawks-Nobody knows what the hell Pete Carroll is doing. Maybe not even Pete. His draft left people scratching their heads, and in free agency, Seattle didn’t do much to improve. Marshawn Lynch won’t be going into Beast Mode for a few games, because of a DUI at some point this year. They’re starting rookie Russell Wilson at QB because Matt Flynn didn’t win the job in pre-season. Sidney Rice, their best WR, is a poster child for concussions at the moment. Oh, and they cut their supposed biggest off-season signing, Kellen Winslow. I mean, at least they’re not starting Tavaris Jackson, but things still don’t look so hot.
    4th Place: St. Louis Rams-They improved in a lot of spots from last year, but you still have to wonder which Sam Bradford will show up in 2012. The rookie that wowed everyone, or the 2nd year plaer who looked like a completely different kid. They did nothing to improve their OL, really, but did improve their DL and secondary in the draft (the DL was a big need, they gave up more rushing yards than any other team in the league last year). Of course, having so many rookie CBs does not always bode well for a productive season. With the trade with the Redskins in this year’s draft, to snag more picks in 2013, though, St. Louis does have a future, at least.

Updated Tuesdays.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

My predictions....(Division winners in Bold...wildcards in italics)

AFC EAST

New England Patriots
    Buffalo Bills
    New York Jets
    Miami Dolphins

The Patriots will again rely on Tom Brady and Wes Welker to be the stars of the offense. The team will hold off a better Bills team due to the fact that the Bills still have Fritzpatrick as QB . The Jets downfall will see them bench Sanchez at mid-season when his WR's can't do anything. Tebow will come in and get maybe 2 wins but fare worse. The clock is ticking on Ryan as head coach. The Dolphins are rebuilding and Tannehill will struggle some but its a rebuilding season.

AFC NORTH

Baltimore Ravens
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Cinn. Bengals
    Cleveland Browns

The biggest problem for the Steelers will be the Ravens who will win the division barely. But the Steelers will get a wildcard . The Bengals will have to wait another season as they grow more in the 2nd season with Dalton at QB. The Browns are just the Browns and even with Weedon at QB , they will soon discover that their WR core sucks.

AFC SOUTH

Houston Texans
    Tenn. Titans
    Ind Colts
    Jacksonville Jaguars

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos
    San Diego Chargers
    KC Chiefs
    Oakland Raiders

The Broncos with Manning should win the division and are likely favorites for a Super Bowl. The Chargers should win the division but have history of starting slow and will do it here. KC's injuries and Cassel still being unproven as a QB will have them fall to 3rd . The Raiders will be the Raiders and finish last.

NFC EAST

New York Giants
    Dallas Cowboys
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Washington Redskins

The Giants are the odds on favorites to make it to a Super Bowl again. The Cowboys just can't beat them it seems. The Eagles meanwhile will continue to derail under the Vick era. As people realize , maybe Donovan McNabb wasn't that bad for us as QB. The Redskins will be in a rebuilding season with RGIII as he handles the pro game.

NFC NORTH

Green Bay Packers
    Detroit Lions
    Chicago Bears
    Minn. Vikings

The Packers remain the class of the division as usual. The Lions however will surge for a wildcard this season under Calvin Johnson. The Chicago Bears meanwhile will be a halfway team as the defense is older and the offense gets used to Marshall being there. The Vikings will make some strides under 2nd year QB Ponder but the realization is Ponder needs WR help .

NFC SOUTH

Atlanta Falcons
    Carolina Panthers
    New Orleans Saints
    Tampa Bay Bucs.

The big shake up is the Saints who will miss Sean Payton calling the plays for them this season. They will struggle there for the 1st time in years. The Falcons will make another playoff push and its the final season for Tony Gonzalez. The Panthers will shock more and the defense actually shows up this season and they get a wildcard. The Bucs will struggle and end in last place.

NFC WEST

San Fran. 49ers
    St. Louis Rams
    Seattle Seahawks
    Arizona Cardinals

The 49ers will win this year with the additions on offense. The main question mark is again Alex Smith at QB. The Rams will make a push with Jeff Fisher as HC. The Seahawks are starting a young rookie QB. Its how far he can go with Carroll and will he remain the starter if he struggles ? The Cardinals will start Skelton at QB. But they honestly will yank him once he loses a few games , and the merry go round will continue.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

there is football tonight!!!!
    Support your local roller derby league

2012 Predictions (AFC):

AFC East:
    1st Place: New England Patriots- Winning 14 games last year, and with QB Tom Brady finding TE Rob Gronkowski every time they were in the red zone, practically… no one has figured out how to stop New England on offense with their two outstanding young TEs. They’re loaded there. They’re pretty damned solid at WR. They will likely have RB by committee, but that’s just how they’ve managed to make the playoffs almost every year for the past decade. Plus, the secondary started to play well the second half of 2011 (one of their few weaknesses), but picked up two safeties in the draft, and oh yeah, one of the best linebackers available, as well.
    3rd Place: Buffalo Bills -Make no mistake, they’re on the up-swing, having picked up Mario Williams in free agency, and improved in a variety of other places. But I’m not sold on Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB for the Bills just yet. Stevie Johnson needs to focus on his game, and not end zone antics. There’s a chance that the Bills, with an easy schedule, I just don’t know if they’ll be the team that started so well last year, or the team that faded down the stretch. But I like what they’ve got on paper.
    3rd Place: New York Jets- The defense has only gotten a year older, and lost a few names. The offense… produced one pre-season TD, and that was by their third string QB in the final game. The Tebow/Sanchez drama will hopefully be distracting enough to cause zero headlines about Rex Ryan’s foot fetish, thankfully. But under the pressure of the N.Y. sports media, it seems inevitable that this season there’s going to be some cracks. And I’m not expecting the Jets to make the post-season, as a result.
    4th Place: Miami Dolphins-I like Miami’s defense. I do. Karlos Dansby is a beast. But with a rookie QB whose hot wife gets more press than his game… I don’t know. Plus, they traded Brandon Marshall, and cut Chad Johnson (albeit, for some damned good reasons). I just don’t think Miami has any talent at the skill positions to help the young kid out. At least they won’t be spending a high draft pick on a QB next year… right?

AFC North:
    1st Place: Baltimore Ravens- Joe Flacco has started to get a chip on his shoulder for not delivering in the clutch yet. He’s still got plenty of weapons, and protection up front, as well. Plus, we’re talking about a team that was a missed FG away from the Super Bowl. The defense hasn’t just been good since the millennium turned, it’s been great. And every year, it seems like they just reload, and Ray Lewis takes a sip from the fountain of youth and they’re good to go.
    2nd Place: Pittsburgh Steelers (Wild Card)- It seems like every year, Big Ben looks more beat up, and so does their defense. They just haven’t reloaded enough, I’m thinking. Losing Hines Ward to retirement and William Gay to Arizona in free agency doesn’t help their secondary, either, and their attitude towards the enforcement of rules to protect players from injury makes them suspect for personal fouls. I see Pittsburgh still finishing above .500 and making the playoffs, but it could really come unglued if they don’t stay healthy.
    3rd Place: Cincinnatti Bengals- I want to say they’re going to make the playoffs two years straight, but that’s just not like the Bengals. I like the energy on their defense, and A.J. Green and Andy Dalton really looked like the real deal as rookies. We’ll see if they can keep it up, but I’m suspicious of any team owned by Mike Brown.
    4th Place: Cleveland Browns- Their QB situation is a head-scratcher, with Colt McCoy being given almost no chance to retain the job against rookie Brandon Weeden. They need more than Josh Cribbs at WR, and I’d expect to see a lot of teams just trying to stop Trent Richardson. We’ll have to see if Cleveland’s line makes him look as good as Alabama’s did. The defense, led by D’Qwell Jackson, should be more than respectable. The Browns might be moving in the right direction, but they’re still in one of, if not the toughest division in the NFL right now.

AFC South:
    1st Place: Houston Texans-It’s their division to lose. Sure, Mario Williams went to Buffalo, but we’re talking about a team that won a playoff game starting a rookie third-string QB last year. Matt Schaub always impresses (although, who wouldn’t when you’re throwing to Andre Johnson), and they’re more than fine with Arian Foster at RB. As long as the secondary plays as well as they did last year, they’re in the playoffs again.
    2nd Place: Tennessee Titans - I’m not sold on Jake Locker, whatsoever. I’ve seen way too much film of him playing college ball to think the Titans will go anywhere with him. I am, however, expecting Chris Johnson to perform to his MVP candidate potential this year, since he was in camp on time. Their offensive line and defense always deliver. Here’s the rub… if Matt Hasselbeck ends up taking over if Locker chokes by Week 5? They might sneak in for a Wild Card.
    3rd Place: Indianapolis Colts-Andrew Luck will help them a lot towards getting back on the right page, but there still was a lot of bad play from a lot of positions last year. They’ll be lucky to return to even 8-8. At least they’re not…
    4th Place: Jacksonville Jaguars- If Minnesota doesn’t get the #1 pick next year, and a shot at Matt Barkley, expect Jacksonville to be the worst. Maurice Jones Drew holding out for the whole preseason didn’t help a team that already lacks in talent on offense (Blaine Gabbert looked awful as a rookie last year) and isn’t particularly mind-blowing on the other side of the ball, either.

AFC West:
    1st Place: Denver Broncos- Due to the extreme talent they have on defense, they won this division and made the playoffs last year. Okay, Tim Tebow calling in personal favors to the Jesus helped. But this year, they won’t need divine intervention, they have Peyton Manning, who is a deity among QBs and other than just missing a little zip on his deep ball, is fine. Peyton’s mind was always his strong suit, anyway. But look for him to work wonders with Thomas at WR, and Moreno’s not going to have eight in the box at RB, as teams have to worry about Peyton picking them apart.
    2nd Place: Kansas City Chiefs (Wild Card)- I love, love, LOVE the Chiefs’ defense. They have pass rushers galore. Romeo Crennel has these guys playing. Solid offensive line, too, that should have Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles bowling over people, and letting Matt Cassel opening up the passing game with Steve Breaston and Dwayne Bowe.
    3rd Place: San Diego Chargers- They’re gonna miss the playoffs, and Norv Turner and A.J. Smith will probably finally get the boot. Phillip Rivers doesn’t have the talent he used to at WR, and they don’t have the RB talent they did in the days of LT and Darren Sproles, at this point. The defense is starting to trend down, as well. I just don’t see them getting in this year.
    4th Place: Oakland Raiders- They have the best long distance kicker in the league. That’s about it. Really, with Carson Palmer at QB, no quality free agents coming in, and virtually no draft picks? I’m finding it hard to believe the Raiders are going to move forward this year.

Updated Tuesdays.

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

Well, here's my predictions for the AFC (and somewhat unintellegent comments, compared to SuperECW and Worstblogever, but I do want to give my two cents):

AFC EAST

1. New England: Brady may be reaching the twilight of his career, but the Patriots will still be dominant because they know how to accesorize.
    2. Buffalo: Ryan Fitzpatrick should be good enough to make some noise, and the defense may benefit from Mario Williams if he remains healthy.
    3. NY Jets: The QB situation may improve a little bit from the preseason, but if Tebow is given the starting job during the season, then it's all over.
    4. Miami: The team sucks once again, but doesn't get the #1 Pick, and Jeff Ireland keeps his job. Dolphins fans remain in agony.

AFC NORTH

1. Baltimore: Defense may be aging, but the offense should work wonders.
    2. Pittsburgh: Pittsburgh's always going to compete for Super Bowls with the club they got, but I think Baltimore will win the division this year.
    3. Cincinnati: Fans are at a crossroads; they love the moxie and talent of this young team, but don't like to support Mike Brown.
    4. Cleveland: The Browns are basically outcasts in this division. Development will still take some time, which is what fans of the Brownies have been getting tired of listening to.

AFC SOUTH

1. Houston: This team is well-rounded, and it Matt Schaub stays healthy, the sky's the limit. And just two years ago, they finally had a winning record.
    2. Tennessee:
    3. Indianapolis: With Peyton Manning no longer around, this team doesn't look the same. I don't see them doing well, but if many aspects are developed, the Colts should be back on top in about 3-4 years. Plus, Luck was worth that horrible year.
    4. Jacksonville: Unlike the Colts, the Jags don't have anything to rely on in the future. If Blaine Gabbert has an awful year, then another QB may be considered for the future.

AFC WEST

1. San Diego: Personally, this division isn't any good, but if Norv Turner wants to keep his job, then San Diego better win the division and actually win in the playoffs.
    2. Denver: The Manning signing will help this team wonders, but concerns should still be present.
    3. Kansas City: I really don't know much about this club this year, so forgive my ignorance. I do know this; this is Brady Quinn's final chance to play in the NFL.
    4. Oakland: I really don't see the Raiders doing much of anything. Palmer will be average, at best.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

Japan's #1 Psycho Girl JDogindy's Avatar

And, now, the NFC, with even more uninspired comments:

NFC EAST

1. NY Giants: Super Bowl champions maintain most of their talent and should be competing for another Super Bowl again.
    2. Dallas: Dallas may be better than I think they were when preseason began, but I don't see them winning a postseason game.
    3. Philadelphia: I think Philadelphia will be better than last year, but still have some stumbles.
    4. Washington: Robert Griffin III will be a star down the road, but not right now.

NFC NORTH

1. Green Bay: Entire team stays healthy, Green Bay's back in the Super Bowl. That's all I can say.
    2. Detroit: Lions should be able to prove that they weren't a fluke last year. To make a joke about myself in the past, Calvin Johnson should break the Madden Curse (and not be guarenteed to have an awful year with an 85% or 90% chance of it happening).
    3. Chicago: The Bears believe they can protect Jay Cutler and give Matt Moore ability to run, but I don't really see it panning out.
    4. Minnesota: The Vikings may compete for the #1 pick, but fans should be glad they're (hopefully) getting to get a new stadium.

NFC SOUTH

1. Atlanta: Falcons win the NFC South handily.
    2. New Orleans: All the suspensions will hurt this team, but they finally got Drew Brees signed in, and that should help keep them competitive while they have to work with two different coaches this year, neither being Sean Peyton.
    3. Carolina: Cam Newton's development continues but the Panthers still need another year or two.
    4. Tampa Bay: The Bucs need to actually change themselves yet again.

NFC WEST

1. San Francisco: Alex Smith finally has a system he could actually work with, and Jim Harbaugh will finally get to open his true playbook.
    2. Seattle: Tavaris Jackson is alright, but it's going to be distorted because the 49ers will run away with this division and Seattle can take advantage of the other two teams.
    3. Arizona: Kevin Colb finally proves to fans as to what the Eagles were thinking about him being the future of that franchise.
    4. St. Louis: Sixth time in seven years this team will compete for the #1 pick. It makes me wonder the worth of Steven Jackson and James Laurinaitis (my WWE fandom has helped me spell this name perfectly every time) if they were transplanted to other teams, as opposed to being with the Rams.

And, my Super Bowl prediction (which is pretty common): Green Bay over Houston.
    All-time favorite comment:
    Power of music? Wanna know why the original Presence bailed out of the DCU? These two are the reason:
    -Koyomi Mizuhara
    -Mimi Tachikawa
    SInging Karaoke. :D

it may rain tonight in Jersey....that would be awesome
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post

AFC WEST

Denver Broncos
    San Diego Chargers
    KC Chiefs
    Oakland Raiders

The Broncos with Manning should win the division and are likely favorites for a Super Bowl. The Chargers should win the division but have history of starting slow and will do it here. KC's injuries and Cassel still being unproven as a QB will have them fall to 3rd . The Raiders will be the Raiders and finish last.
    Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    2012 Predictions (AFC):
    AFC West:
    1st Place: Denver Broncos- Due to the extreme talent they have on defense, they won this division and made the playoffs last year. Okay, Tim Tebow calling in personal favors to the Jesus helped. But this year, they won’t need divine intervention, they have Peyton Manning, who is a deity among QBs and other than just missing a little zip on his deep ball, is fine. Peyton’s mind was always his strong suit, anyway. But look for him to work wonders with Thomas at WR, and Moreno’s not going to have eight in the box at RB, as teams have to worry about Peyton picking them apart.
    2nd Place: Kansas City Chiefs (Wild Card)- I love, love, LOVE the Chiefs’ defense. They have pass rushers galore. Romeo Crennel has these guys playing. Solid offensive line, too, that should have Peyton Hillis and Jamaal Charles bowling over people, and letting Matt Cassel opening up the passing game with Steve Breaston and Dwayne Bowe.
    3rd Place: San Diego Chargers- They’re gonna miss the playoffs, and Norv Turner and A.J. Smith will probably finally get the boot. Phillip Rivers doesn’t have the talent he used to at WR, and they don’t have the RB talent they did in the days of LT and Darren Sproles, at this point. The defense is starting to trend down, as well. I just don’t see them getting in this year.
    4th Place: Oakland Raiders- They have the best long distance kicker in the league. That’s about it. Really, with Carson Palmer at QB, no quality free agents coming in, and virtually no draft picks? I’m finding it hard to believe the Raiders are going to move forward this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    AFC WEST
    1. San Diego: Personally, this division isn't any good, but if Norv Turner wants to keep his job, then San Diego better win the division and actually win in the playoffs.
    2. Denver: The Manning signing will help this team wonders, but concerns should still be present.
    3. Kansas City: I really don't know much about this club this year, so forgive my ignorance. I do know this; this is Brady Quinn's final chance to play in the NFL.
    4. Oakland: I really don't see the Raiders doing much of anything. Palmer will be average, at best.
    I'm gunna laugh at all of you when the Raiders win the AFC West
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Honestly my picks and thinking are too inline with the ones already up(at least in the picks that matter) to justify rehashing them, so short and sweet

NFC East:
    New York
    Philly
    Dallas
    Washington

NFC North:
    Green Bay
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Minnesota

NFC South:
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    NO
    Tampa Bay

NFC West:
    San Francisco
    St Louis
    Arizona
    Seattle

AFC East:
    New England
    Buffalo
    New York
    Miami

AFC North:
    Baltimore
    Pittsburgh
    Cincinnati
    Cleveland

AFC South:
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    Tennessee
    Jacksonville

AFC West:
    Denver
    San Diego
    Kansas City
    Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by Dudebro McTypo View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked, but then that's because its one of the weakest division in the NFL this season.
    "Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die." -Mel Brooks
    OIF 08-09
    OEF 10-11
    Do it yourself tech support link

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked, but then that's because its one of the weakest division in the NFL this season.
    Its not a weak division by a long shot. The Broncos have Manning and he shores up a weakness at QB the team had last year. That defense is one hell of a great unit. The Chargers have Rivers and that offense. They drafted for defense and one player is that rookie DE they got. The Chiefs have so many offensive weapons ...Bowe , Breaston , Baldwin , Charles , Moeki and more ...that if they had a QB they could go far. But injuries have came again and the team is hurt from that. The Raiders themselves have so many issues , but have a decent young WR corps led by Ford.

So its not a weak division . Its one if the Chargers show up , if Matt Cassel plays worth a damn and if Peyton can rebound ...its gonna be one hell of a year.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Jason Witten is playing with a hurt spleen ! I may not be a big Cowboys fan , but that is a tough sob.

Another season and another season with the Cowboys offensive line in absolute shit. The Cowboys have shifted 2 OG's in new positions due to injuries. They brought in Cook at the center to replace Costa who nearly got Romo killed. Now Romo has to run for his life again.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Raiders themselves have so many issues , but have a decent young WR corps led by Ford.
    Ford is no way there #1 WR....it's Moore though one could argue based off of stats last year it would be DHB. You seem to forget good ol Run DMC and the fact that the Raiders D will be MUCH improved due to the fact the our head coach is the first D minded head coach since John Madden. Plus Denis Allen (our HC) was Denver's D Coordinator.

also you can't spell Elite without Eli
    Last edited by Dudebro McTypo; 09-05-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    "I'm bad and that's good, I will never be good and that's not bad, because there's no one I rather be than me."
    -Bad Guy Affirmation

XPOTM: 08/2011

Ford is no way there #1 WR....it's Moore though one could argue based off of stats last year it would be DHB. You seem to forget good ol Run DMC and the fact that the Raiders D will be MUCH improved due to the fact the our head coach is the first D minded head coach since John Madden. Plus Denis Allen (our HC) was Denver's D Coordinator.

also you can't spell
    DMC is an injury risk waiting to happen. The Raiders defense is always talked up each season , and is utter shit . No one knows how Allen will fair as HC.

And no one gives a shit for my spelling anymore.