Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Pipeline - Sep 4, 2012

Augie tracks down characters that share his name and finds one who gets it wrong. Why is the Superman/Wonder Woman kiss controversial? Does Steve Ditko walk amongst us? When does continuity go too far?

Full article here.

Please accept my sincere apology! I've never known one.
    Sadly - there's a WHOLE LOT MORE where these two came from...

I want to say I remember a Batman comic where he calls someone Augie, but I can't remember the exact issue. I usually remember seeing the name. It's actually my dad and brother's name, so I've been hearing complaints like this for years. The double-G isn't even the worst of it. My dad used to get people calling out for "Angie" at the doctor's office, as if the name were written wrong and needed correcting. Typos on letters and bills were commonplace, but for him, I think the apex of Augie-typos was at my parents' wedding. They listed my dad as "Angie" the bride, and my mom, Dru, as the groom.

I have checked Sal Velluto' site from time to time to see what he has been up to. He has a blog, but his info. on the side hasnt changed in some time. I think he must still be doing work on the Phantom. Bob Almond as inker on his work is brilliant as well. The last work of his I bought was ""Captan Gravity and the power of the Vril" TPB and while his art is great, the story and timeline just didnt grab me. Just look at that Avengers page part way down the blog, and tell me he should not be doing something for the big two.............

http://theghostwhodraws.blogspot.ca/