View Poll Results: Which storylines will you hate coming to an end?

Voters
71. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • AVENGERS

2 2.82%
  • NEW AVENGERS

1 1.41%
  • AVENGERS ACADEMY

12 16.90%
  • DARK AVENGERS

1 1.41%
  • WINTER SOLDIER

6 8.45%
  • CAPTAIN AMERICA

1 1.41%
  • MIGHTY THOR

0 0%
  • JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY

17 23.94%
  • INCREDIBLE HULK

0 0%
  • INVINCIBLE IRON MAN

0 0%
  • DEFENDERS

6 8.45%
  • FANTASTIC FOUR

7 9.86%
  • FF

2 2.82%
  • UNCANNY X-MEN

16 22.54%
  • X-MEN LEGACY

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default End of an Era - What books are you going to miss most?

Well, we know that we are only just a little over a month away from the first Marvel NOW title (Uncanny Avengers) being dropped, so that means that many of our current storylines and in some cases, creative teams, will be ending soon. Which storylines and books that you currently enjoy are you dreading seeing come to an end?

It would have to be Mighty Thor for me. That book was close to the top of my read pile and I'll miss it. I'll also miss Invincible Iron Man even though I understand that Matt Fraction has been on this book for years, so it's just a natural conclusion to it's end. Sigh, I'll miss my Fraction books. Farewell.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

Gillen's Journey Into Mystery
    Brubaker's Winter Soldier
    Brubaker's Captain America
    Gillen's Uncanny X-Men
    Hickman's Fantastic Four
    Hickman's FF
    DnA's New Mutants
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Out of the ones listed, I'll probably miss Hickman's Fantastic Four the most. I was very late to that party, but I'm really enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    Out of the ones listed, I'll probably miss Hickman's Fantastic Four the most. I was very late to that party, but I'm really enjoying it.
    Like your avatar.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Like your avatar.
    Lol. I'm actually doing that as a protest of sorts. Keeping that up there until they get back together.

Quote Originally Posted by rsreed13 View Post
    Lol. I'm actually doing that as a protest of sorts. Keeping that up there until they get back together.
    Same with me. I'm keeping mine until Nightcrawler comes back.

I would assume Captain/Winter soldier, Academy and Journey will be the hardest to rekindle the fire. Good luck with that.

Winter Soldier as it's the only one on that list I'm reading

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I generally like the new teams. With Hickman's F4, I'd rather see him leave on a high note. And Winter Soldier is getting a writer I'm very interested in.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I generally like the new teams. With Hickman's F4, I'd rather see him leave on a high note. And Winter Soldier is getting a writer I'm very interested in.
    I agree. Even though I'll miss it the most, I'm glad to see Hickman (and others) moving on to more stuff. I feel like Bendis burned himself out a bit on Avengers, so (even though I'm not picking it up) I'm glad he's moving to a bunch of characters he hasn't written before.

Avengers Academy, Journey Into Mystery, FF, Fantastic Four, New Mutants, X-Men Legacy, Defenders and Deadpool. Boycott Marvel NOW!
    Pull List: Action Comics, Batman, Chew, Hawkeye, Iron Man, Saga, Stormwatch, Wonder Woman

Actually, for most of these I'm happy to see the changes. I'd dropped or was considering dropping them because they'd lost the magic. However...

Honorable mentions to Avengers Academy and Winter Soldier, both of which are still currently very high on my list. AA struggled a little for a bit there, but is still a great book, and WS has been Brubaker at his best since the Death of Cap arc. However my vote has to go to

Journey Into Mystery

It's my favorite title. I know it was always meant as a finite run, and I'm glad Marvel have allowed Gillen to complete it, but the bottom line is that my favorite book is changing both writer and main character. While I'll give the new direction a chance, I don't expect it'll be nearly as good.
    Get your comics from HAIRComics!
    And come visit their Forums

I was really skeptical about turning the title back into journey into mystery, and having it star kid loki, but man, overall,The run has been a breath of fresh air.Great sense of dark humor.Marvel just is saving me the 3.99 a month I would have spent on it.

Defenders and Avengers Academy I'm a big fan of those books and I am gutted that they're ending.

The other books in that list that I read are at least getting a renumbering and/or rebranding.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Not reading any of those. The only book I've been getting that's being canceled is New Mutants, and that has not been very good recently.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/