Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Aug 31, 2012

As the final tally for the Marvel NOW! relaunch shakes out, Axel Alonso explores why titles like "Daredevil" will stay the same, why "Uncanny X-Men" is a goner and what's next for Marvel MAX.

Full article here.

i wish someone would tell me the timeline on Doom between FF, Hulk and Winter Soldier.
    Last edited by Smart Internet Man; 08-31-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    Prophet, Atomic Robo, Morning Glories, Whispers, Fatale, Saga, Revival, X-O Manowar, Dial H, Mouse Guard, Nowhere Men, Manhattan Projects, Think Tank

Thank you, Axel! I believe this is the first time one of my questions ever made it onto Axel in Charge. I'm glad it was asked, even though we didn't get any extra details on the future of the MAX line. I hope that the Wolverine MAX series does well enough to warrant something similar down the line.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

I don't care what anyone says, not having an Uncanny X-Men title is a slap in the face to hardcore X-Men fans, especially since there IS an Uncanny Avengers title.

Neo Evangelical Geniuses bebopeva88's Avatar

Wolverine MAX now being relegated to a 5 issue mini is LAME.
    "It's pretty much as bebopeva88 says really. He is wise and the knower of all things!" -- Ben Templesmith

"Your opinion is like 10 mortal men's." – RolandJP

Creator of Strange Paths! tesh_karde's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALittleTooRaph View Post
    I don't care what anyone says, not having an Uncanny X-Men title is a slap in the face to hardcore X-Men fans, especially since there IS an Uncanny Avengers title.
    Because the name is different, it's a slap in the face?
    Check out my fantasy-adventure web-comic Strange Paths @ www.strangepathscomic.tumblr.com

*raises hand for Shang Chi
    "I aim to misbehave." - Mal
    "That’s why I need Ruby Quartz glasses, ’Cause when I glance there’s a chance I might blast the masses" - Evidence

Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion

Quote Originally Posted by bebopeva88 View Post
    Wolverine MAX now being relegated to a 5 issue mini is LAME.
    Guess, they feel MAX titles aren't worth the risk of an ongoing series.

I agree with you. For the $3.99 price tag per issue, I'll trade wait instead.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

Howard the Duck MAX?
    Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by tesh_karde View Post
    Because the name is different, it's a slap in the face?
    No, not simply because of the name change. It's because Uncanny X-Men has been the flagship title for the mutants since 1963. Now, after AvX basically characterizes the Avengers as the good guys and the X-Men as the bad for months on end, the Avengers walk away with the 'Uncanny' banner in the flagship title of Marvel NOW! and the X-Men get some Days of the Future Crap story.

Elder Member

I'm 99.9% certain that the X-treme X-Men page is not the work of Stephen Segovia.

Quote Originally Posted by ALittleTooRaph View Post
    It's because Uncanny X-Men has been the flagship title for the mutants since 1963.
    Not really. The book that started in 1963 was called simply The X-Men. When it was relaunched in 1975 with it's new roster, it was called All-New, All-Different X-Men, at least on the cover. The Uncanny adjective wasn't added to the cover until several years after that. It's all considered the same series, however, and there is no reason why this new title can't be a continuation of that series as well.

I want a Cyclops MAX Series.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai32 View Post
    Not really. The book that started in 1963 was called simply The X-Men. When it was relaunched in 1975 with it's new roster, it was called All-New, All-Different X-Men, at least on the cover. The Uncanny adjective wasn't added to the cover until several years after that. It's all considered the same series, however, and there is no reason why this new title can't be a continuation of that series as well.
    Ok point taken, but the 'Uncanny' banner has been associated with X-Men for decades nonetheless. I can already tell you and I will simply not agree on this, but speaking for every X-Men fan I've talked to personally, the AvX event has been painful, the absence of an Uncanny X-Men title is offensive, the old X-Men coming to the present couldn't be a less interesting concept, and we don't want or need any Avengers in our X-books on a regular basis. (I'm only speaking for my personal friends who are X-fans. I realize there are other X-Men fans out there who probably couldn't disagree more.)

Quote Originally Posted by midnightshrink View Post
    I want a Cyclops MAX Series.
    lolwut?
    10 chars