Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default LIVE: Remender & Brevoort On "Uncanny Avengers"

In a special Marvel press conference call, "Uncanny Avengers" creative team Rick Remender and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort talk about their plans for the upcoming Marvel NOW! flagship title. CBR is on hand LIVE.

Full article here.

"Having done all the shadowy, covert stuff with violence and killing in Punisher, Venom, X-Force and Secret Avengers, it's kind of nice to be working on something like this." - Rick Remender

For those worrying about the tone of the book, this should be of some comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post
    "Having done all the shadowy, covert stuff with violence and killing in Punisher, Venom, X-Force and Secret Avengers, it's kind of nice to be working on something like this." - Rick Remender

Somehow I doubt it will help.
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scream View Post

Right! And the best way to show this? Having a mutant (Avalanche) get his brain cut out and replaced with some kind of device! Perfect!

For the record, I love RR but he's going to have to change up his tone for a mainstream book such as this.

Fingers crossed for a rematch (I use that term loosely) between Magneto and Red Skull...

Quote Originally Posted by Alientraveller View Post
    Fingers crossed for a rematch (I use that term loosely) between Magneto and Red Skull...
    What Rematch? Did I miss an X-man Book where He and Skull fight cause I would have Like to See Skull Grind him into dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    What Rematch? Did I miss an X-man Book where He and Skull fight cause I would have Like to See Skull Grind him into dust.
    I think its on the Acts of Vengeance event decades ago.

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Right! And the best way to show this? Having a mutant (Avalanche) get his brain cut out and replaced with some kind of device! Perfect!

For the record, I love RR but he's going to have to change up his tone for a mainstream book such as this.
    Thats Avalanche? I was hoping its Cyclops. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    Thats Avalanche? I was hoping its Cyclops. lol

He should have stuck with Mystique.

Veteran Member

I think he's talking about the "Acts of Vengence" crossover story from 1989.

A Lot of my questions are getting skipped...Like If Rogue is apparently the wolverine of the team does that i mean I'm gonna really enjoy rogue(since I'm A Big Time Wolverine Fan)
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristmasFanatic View Post
    I think its on the Acts of Vengeance event decades ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    I think he's talking about the "Acts of Vengence" crossover story from 1989.
    Check out Captain America 367 for this story. I won't spoil it, but Magneto basically asks the Skull if he's the same one that served under Hitler.... from there a powerful story unfolds that has Cap squaring off against Selene, of all people.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Valued Member Since 2008 semicyon's Avatar

Considering their real world connections, it's unsettling to root for a Nazi to grind a Jewish man into dust.

wow not one single question of mine was answered....bummer
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

BANNED

Yikes.

They need to stop talking about how awesome Wanda's new "practical" costume is. Cyclops' goddamn condom suit is probably so tight that he can barely even breathe. I think Wanda's costume was pretty alright by comparison.