Page 5 of 824 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It came across as a little condescending.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    One of the greatest music videos EVER
    I love me some Blink. =p I think their best video is the one for "Down." Their self-titled album is the best one.

I Didn't Know I Was Gilbert Gottfried video
    Deeply disturbing. >_<
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I love me some Blink. =p I think their best video is the one for "Down." Their self-titled album is the best one.

Deeply disturbing. >_<
    Can't say I care for it. Terry Crews is always awesome though.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if he can do serious acting? I'd love for him to play Luke Cage.

Holy crap! This is an awesome mod!

Last edited by wyokid; 09-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.

Can't say I care for it. Terry Crews is always awesome though.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if he can do serious acting? I'd love for him to play Luke Cage.

Holy crap! This is an awesome mod!

You don't care for the video or for the album? If it's the latter, you need banned from these forums for life! =p

That mod is pretty freaking sweet.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    You don't care for the video or for the album? If it's the latter, you need banned from these forums for life! =p

That mod is pretty freaking sweet.
    The video. I know Plawsky doesn't care too much for the album though

The video. I know Plawsky doesn't care too much for the album though
    Yeah. Because it's terrible.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Yeah. Because it's terrible.
    You sad, misguided man. =p

Elder Member

Been re-watching some of my favorite DCAU episodes and figured I'd post this here due to the Superman discussion.

Shang-Chi vs Iron Fist by Bruce Timm

More Timm!

Last edited by wyokid; 09-02-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Has anyone been reading any of the new Valiant Publishing stuff? Comixology is having a sale and I thought Harbinger at least looked interesting.

So I've been thinking about picking up old issues of Amazing Spiderman digitally for a while, but I wanted to get your guys' opinions first. Would I be okay if I jumped in at issue #519? It's the first one they have available of Vol. 2.

Elder Member

Damn. It's a shame they don't have the start of JMS's run. Since they don't I suggest you start here since #519 is the latter part of his awesome run and I personally hate jumping in like that.

http://www.comixology.com/Amazing-Sp...omic/OCT072076

This takes place immediately after OMD and is the start of Slott's very long run.

Damn. It's a shame they don't have the start of JMS's run. Since they don't I suggest you start here since #519 is the latter part of his awesome run and I personally hate jumping in like that.

http://www.comixology.com/Amazing-Sp...omic/OCT072076

This takes place immediately after OMD and is the start of Slott's very long run.
    Yea I was hoping to start at the beginning of JMS's run actually. =( I hope they put it on there eventually. Hell, I hope they put all of the issues up eventually because I really want to read the volume 1 stuff. Thanks for the recommendation though. I'll let you know what I think. =)

I started reading ASM with Slott's run (#648-present). Out of curiosity, I used MDCU to go back to #500 and work my way back up to #647.

Boy, was I disappointed.

After reading most of JMS's run (#500-545) and the entire "Brand New Day" era (#546-647), I finally understand why Ultimate Spider-Man was so momentous: it was the only readable Spider-Man book on the shelves for nearly a decade.

I hate to say it, but there's honestly no part of the pre-Slott run that I can recommend.

Ummmmm.....Breaking Bad.

spoilers:
    He knows. I knew it was coming, but holy crap. He knows.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I started reading ASM with Slott's run (#648-present). Out of curiosity, I used MDCU to go back to #500 and work my way back up to #647.

Boy, was I disappointed.

After reading most of JMS's run (#500-545) and the entire "Brand New Day" era (#546-647), I finally understand why Ultimate Spider-Man was so momentous: it was the only readable Spider-Man book on the shelves for nearly a decade.

I hate to say it, but there's honestly no part of the pre-Slott run that I can recommend.
    The problem I had with the Brand New Day era was that it was such a mixed bag. The Webheads was a good concept, but it only resulted in an inconsistency of stories and a lack of a solid, ongoing plot. But there's some really great stories from that time, with Shed being my favorite. Really, anything that Bachalo drew was great. I liked Paper Doll a lot, too. Menace, however, was pretty darn mediocre.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    The problem I had with the Brand New Day era was that it was such a mixed bag. The Webheads was a good concept, but it only resulted in an inconsistency of stories and a lack of a solid, ongoing plot. But there's some really great stories from that time, with Shed being my favorite. Really, anything that Bachalo drew was great. I liked Paper Doll a lot, too. Menace, however, was pretty darn mediocre.
    Oh, there were a few good stories for sure, but they were surrounded by piles of filler. With the book triple-shipping during this era and changing out creative teams every month, ASM became more filler than anything else.

IMO, the best thing to come out of BND is the ongoing subplot about Peter's psychotic roommate. (I think her name was Michelle?)