Page 3 of 824 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

How about "Dammit Jim, I'm a DrZ"

No time for white drama Ballard Blues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrV View Post
    What are your favorite scenes from the X-Men movies, guys?
    # The X-Jet unveiling in the first film. It always gives me chills, especially as the theme by Michael Kamen continues to build and build as the sequence continues to unfold.
    # Storm fragging Sabertooth in the train station and later Toad in the gift store on Liberty island.
    # Storm's tornado move and her fight in X3 during the with Callisto, Quill and Arclight.
    “For the natural born smartass, nine times out of ten
    the "smartass impulse" is acted upon before the brain
    has even engaged in first gear.”
    - Stephen King?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    That's what YOU think!

Title has been changed to reflect both the trend and form of the previous threads and the heart of this one. Now everyone wins!

(It's the best I could do with Miles Morales on such short notice. If you can make it better, tell me, and it will be so.)
    I'm so glad you cared enough to change it. In all honesty, I didn't think you would even bother. Nice to know I was dead wrong.

This name is pretty good.

What were you thinking with "Another Startrek reference?"

Anywho is Miles Morales really off topic?

Ultimately Off Topic VII: The trouble with Zap
    Last edited by Jer; 08-31-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Not our Superman, an alternate reality Superman ... and Zap! Just how old are you? Wasn't that episode 2004? Less then ten years ago right? It was one of the most popular shows on Cartoon Network at the time.
    Too young to know any Star Trek references.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I'm so glad you cared enough to change it. In all honesty, I didn't think you would even bother. Nice to know I was dead wrong.

This name is pretty good.

What were you thinking with "Another Startrek reference?"

Anywho is Miles Morales really off topic?

Ultimately Off Topic VII: The trouble with Zap
    First off, "Another Star Trek Reference" was brilliant. Topical satire at its best.

Secondly, I know how you all feel about this thread's name. But since MrV started it, I didn't want to take away from the spirit of a Miles Morales thread. That's why I went with a compromise. Obviously, we're never going to find a title that everyone likes (case in point: some people still don't like the genius title of thread 6 somehow), but I like to think that this somehow appeases both sides.

As soon as The Crimson comes back, he and wyokid will have a 30 page discussion anyway. So we'll be at 5000 posts in no time and ready for a new thread, new title.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

So I went to watch The Dark Knight Rises for the 2nd time and holy sh!t I was dead wrong about my previous assessment. This movie is freakin awesome. I know the problem now I was sitting to close to the screen because of all the people. Now that there were less people I sat further in the back and I understood everything hallelujah! Seeing it a 2nd time answered everything that I questioned before.

Elder Member

In Captain America: The Winter Soldier they should have a scene where Steve and Nick are talking and have Steve saying something like "I knew your father, sir" to Nick. Cue World War Two flashback where Steve is fighting side-by-side with Nick Fury Sr. played by David Hasslehoff!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    How about "Dammit Jim, I'm a DrZ"
    Have that, and if there are enough characters available in the title, add the "not a physicist!" =p I like that or the "Beam Me Up, Robbie!"
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

The next title needs to be Wrath of Wolverine12. Also I finally got one of my questions answered on Axel in Charge. Although the answer was kind of disappointing.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Speaking of which

Quote Originally Posted by Kiel Phegley
    One of the other topics that came up in the call was lessons learned from the New 52, to which you specifically brought up creator burnout and turnaround. How do you view that challenge in your line? In what ways can you ensure that Marvel NOW! is more a marathon than a sprint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Axel Alonso
    You will not -- repeat not -- see a creative team of a Marvel NOW! series kicked to the curb off after the fourth, fifth or even seventeenth issue. The writers of the books we've announced -- Brian Bendis on "All-New X-Men," Jonathan Hickman on "Avengers," Matt Fraction on "Fantastic Four," Rick Remender on "Captain America," Jason Aaron on "Thor: God of Thunder," Kieron Gillen on "Iron Man," Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn on "Deadpool" -- have long-term plans for the titles that they will see through. We're talking 2- to 3-year plans, at the least. And 85-90% of the time, the artist who draws #1 will be the regular artists on the title: John Romita Jr. on "Captain America," Mark Bagley on "Fantastic Four," Mike Allred on "FF," Greg Land on "Iron Man," Esad Ribic on "Thor: God of Thunder"… With the exception of one yet-unannounced title that will feature rotating creative teams, these books will be the product of long-term vision.
    Axel-In-Charge: Surviving & Surprising In Marvel NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    First off, "Another Star Trek Reference" was brilliant. Topical satire at its best.
    IT WAS??!
    Oh well I'll guess I'll just account that up to personal tastes.

Secondly, I know how you all feel about this thread's name. But since MrV started it, I didn't want to take away from the spirit of a Miles Morales thread. That's why I went with a compromise. Obviously, we're never going to find a title that everyone likes (case in point: some people still don't like the genius title of thread 6 somehow), but I like to think that this somehow appeases both sides.

As soon as The Crimson comes back, he and wyokid will have a 30 page discussion anyway. So we'll be at 5000 posts in no time and ready for a new thread, new title.
    Well at least you guys care about the name of these off topic threads now and want to keep up a Star Trek Reference. heh!

HERE'S TO ANOTHER 5000!
    Any scientist who isn't willing to kill for science isn't really a scientist at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I don't know if that's an acceptable answer. You've probably heard the term/phrase "Shields-UP!"

yes that is a star trek reference. Weapons to stun. Star Trek Reference.

Warp Speed. Star Trek reference.

Elder Member

Too young to know Star Trek!!? TtZ, would you keep one of these as a pet?

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    LOEB AND MCGUINNESS ON A CABLE AND CAPTAIN AMERICA STORY!!! YES!!! (that or a Wolverine and Hulk story, either way I am excited!)
    Just found out it's Wolverine/Hulk story by Jeph Loeb and Dale Keown (no McGuinness and Captain America/Cable by Dan Slott and Ron Garney.

Also did anyone else pre-order this poster?

Last edited by wyokid; 09-01-2012 at 12:46 AM.

I am not a fan of Star Trek myself other then the newest movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    IT WAS??!
    Oh well I'll guess I'll just account that up to personal tastes.
    Well it's only 2 not so good names out of the 7.

Well at least you guys care about the name of these off topic threads now and want to keep up a Star Trek Reference. heh!

HERE'S TO ANOTHER 5000!
    I saw we get to the votes again. no one who had their name in a title can enter and I would say it would only be fair for regular posters to enter. Thoughts?

Too young to know Star Trek!!? TtZ, would you keep one of these as a pet?
    If not for a podcast I listen to I would have no idea what that was, that said I know their bad for some reason but can't remember why.

Also did anyone else pre-order this poster?
    Nope,I did not.

Uncanny Avengers!

I forgot how much I missed John Cassidy's art. I think the style is appropriate for what Uncanny Avengers is trying to do. Based on what has been said about it in interviews, it lends further credence that Charles Xavier will die in AvX because it emphasizes the continuation of his dream. Xavier himself hasn't done squat for that dream in years. I think it's only fitting that in his death both the X-men and Avengers start working together to accomplish it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme