Page 658 of 824 FirstFirst ... 158558608648654655656657658659660661662668708758 ... LastLast
Results 9,856 to 9,870 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So I just got a Jury Duty letter. Not a summons but my name is put into a pile. That sucks. Hopefully I get out of it because from what I heard Jury Duty is boring. Anyone had any experience?
    See, you can look at it as a boring civic duty...or as your opportunity to hold supreme judgment and dole out punishment or salvation as thou sees fit.

"Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    See, you can look at it as a boring civic duty...or as your opportunity to hold supreme judgment and dole out punishment or salvation as thou sees fit.
    Lol. True. And I do kinda want the experience even if it's only just once but I would rather it happened after I graduated. If I do get picked it's going to interfere with my classes so that's kinda bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What do you mean by taking risks?
    Bucking the trend, changing the status quo, killing a major character, trying something new. Basically - everything that doesn't happen on network television. Sure, every once in a while, something will change (often with a highly publicized major character death), but it's so often just business as usual for these kinds of shows. Sorry for the tired and, by now, cliché example, but look at Breaking Bad. It broke every rule in the proverbial book for TV shows. Things change like crazy throughout a season. Hell, throughout an episode.

But with shows like NCIS, Law and Order, CSI, and all of their unnecessary spinoffs, it's just the same thing over and over again. Agents of SHIELD falls into a similar boat, though not as extreme. As it is now, it's basically a "freak of the week" set up. There's an incident at the beginning of each episode, and it's wrapped up by the end. They've finally started adding bits of recurring character development, but not much. If you miss an episode, big deal; you can just jump right in. There's no risk; no change.

Let me be clear, this isn't just a complaint towards Agents of SHIELD. It's more towards TV in general, especially anything on network channels, but it also extends to cable shows. And it's not just that nothing has been able to fill the void left by Breaking Bad, though that's part of it. I just wish people would demand more of what they watch.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

OMG I <3 this version

I swear to Hickman, none of you better judge me. This is how I'm getting through my project tonight.
    Last edited by Time_to_Zap; 12-01-2013 at 08:10 PM.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What do you mean by taking risks?
    I know this wasn't directed towards me, but here's my two cents. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been playing it safe with plot lines. Each story so far has involved plots that we've seen many times before in shows of this nature (the doctor has to cure himself, we have to all work together to stop so-and-so, and so forth) with hints of something greater. If they took what they've been doing with Centipede and Graviton and ran with it in a crazy, Whedon sort of way, this could be amazing. I really hope that we see a massive surge of quality in this show still once and if the show moves away from its freak-of-the-week type shows and more towards a continuing narrative.

EDIT: Well, looks like Plawsky beat me to this. Heh. And we even used the same "freak-of-the-week analogy."

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Granted, both Man of Steel and the Amazing Spider-Man suffer from the fact they went to do something movie audiences weren't familiar with, people are simply hating Man of Steel because they feel it ruined an American icon, some people feel Amazing Spider-Man sucks simply because the Sam Raimi trilogy is so fresh.
    Not the reasons I thought both movies were not very good.

For Man of Steel, characters aren't developed and we don't move nearly as far as we should have in the new Superman film, especially the next one wants to introduce Batman and the larger universe. Before that happens, Superman's world needs to be established. The Daily Planet characters are barely on screen, and they have no significance, save for Lois Lane. Superman's status quo is still wavering. There should be another Superman solo film before Batman/Superman or anything of that nature.

For The Amazing Spider-Man, there are many storylines that are introduced that are not wrapped up enough. There is the continuing mystery of Peter Parker's parents. What exactly happened with the spider? What happened with Dr. Ratha? So many threads related to Oscorp and Spider-Man's origin and parents that aren't wrapped up in the initial film. It's okay to leave some things open for potential sequels, but to me, the only thing that felt like it had any sort of resolution was the Lizard vs. Spidey thing. Perhaps this will be better if the second film answers more questions, but as it stands, it's not very good as a solo film.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post

I swear to Hickman, none of you better judge me. This is how I'm getting through my project tonight.
    Waited till the last minute eh, Zap? Lol so did I. Got to get all this homework done before tomorrow.

@Wyokid: What made the script bad? Details!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Patrick Harris
    For Man of Steel, characters aren't developed and we don't move nearly as far as we should have in the new Superman film
    How much should there be then? How is it defined?

Before that happens, Superman's world needs to be established.
    Man of Steel was one huge establishment movie. It sets up Krypton, Earth, the Kryptonians and Superman to the world.
    The Daily Planet characters are barely on screen
    And? Lois Lane is the most important character to Superman, she got her arc in MoS.
    , and they have no significance, save for Lois Lane.
    That's pretty much true at the end of the day, can you tell me why we would need more of White or Olsen?

Superman's status quo is still wavering.
    That was kind of the point. It's to show what happens in the sequel.

There should be another Superman solo film before Batman/Superman or anything of that nature.
    Again, how are these elements defined?
    For The Amazing Spider-Man, there are many storylines that are introduced that are not wrapped up enough.
    It's pretty much a confirmed thing they left out dangling mysteries to be worked on the sequel, but they also left out heavy clues enough for fans to already guess them. The Oscorp stuff alongside Parker's parents will get answered.
    Last edited by Drz; 12-01-2013 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Attitude
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Drz, seriously - there's no need for the condescending attitude in your posts. Tone it down.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I meant no offense to Wyokid! My apology towards y'all.

Comixology Sale on DC trades!!!!

My recommendations:
    - Batman vol 1
    - Frankenstein and the Agents of SHADE vol 1
    - Green Lantern vol 1
    - I, Vampire vol 1
    - Swamp Thing
    - Aquaman vol 1
    - Superman Action Comics vol 1

- Teen Titans vol 1
    - OMAC vol 1
    - Demon Knights vol 1
    - Batman Incorporated vol 1

- Batman and Robin vol 1
    - Earth 2 vol 1

- Red Hood and the Outlaws vol 1
    - Wonder Woman vol 1
    - Flash vol 1

Each volume is 4.99$, the bolded parts are the ones i recommend the most highly.
    Last edited by Drz; 12-01-2013 at 11:25 PM.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Wife dragged me into an antique shop over the weekend. I rolled my eyes and groaned, then I stumbled upon a short box of old comics. Found seven issues of ROM, grabbed them for $1 apiece.

You have my permission to be jealous.

Elder Member

Meh. I bought the whole series for $45 :P

@Darman I'm not ignoring either of those posts, my mouse isn't working and it's really hard to post and do stuff on my computer. I've bookmarked them to respond to later.

First look at the Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer!

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    First look at the Amazing Spider-Man 2 trailer!

Dang, I was hoping for a better title. And no number.

Oh, well. I'll still be there.

Meh, i would have liked the "with great power" or "power with responsibility" subtitle suggestions more than Rise of Electro.

Green Arrow #26 preview! NEW ARC! NEW JUMPING POINT!

“THE OUTSIDERS WAR” begins here! Oliver Queen finally knows the location of the Outsiders’ base, but first he must return to the place where Green Arrow was born: The Island! Secrets are revealed, new villains introduced, and a mind-blowing final page kicks off this new storyline with a bang!
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Dang, I was hoping for a better title. And no number.

Oh, well. I'll still be there.
    I was really hoping for the Amazing Spider-Man: Price of Power. *sigh* I even would've preferred Rise of Electro. I'm still as excited, I just wanted something cooler.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."