Page 642 of 824 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652692742 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 12359
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I've got that new She-Hulk series on the brain, and the cosmos threw me a bone with Friday's "Women of Marvel" sale. I snagged the first six issues of Dan Slott's 2004 She-Hulk series, and I'm reading it for the first time.

Has anyone else read it?
    I have man! SPOILER ALERT: She-Hulk sleeps with men and saves the Ultimate Universe.
    Last edited by wyokid; 11-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.

On Vacation

Ok. Alex Smith is getting progressively worse this game.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I have man! SPOILER ALERT: She-Hulk sleeps with men and saves the Ultimate Universe.
    I would read this book based on that premise alone.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Anyone else watching the Chiefs vs Broncos game?
    The game was not nearly as close as I thought it was going to be. The Chiefs were good, but I think they've been overachieving. Never got the sense that the Broncos were going to give the game away. A good defense only goes so far when Peyton Manning is the quarterback opposing team. But if these two meet in the playoffs...it could be a different story since Peyton has a history of choking in the playoffs.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Speaking of football, how 'bout mah Dawgz?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Norwood
    If the other team is cheering after a loss, then definitely you didn't do your job.

Elder Member

I still can't find a show to replace Breaking Bad. I thought it would be Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and for a little bit it was but people's constant whining about a show that hasn't even hit it's stride is bringing me down. The Walking Dead went back to sucking with this new episode and suffers what this season of American Horror Story does (I don't give a damn about any of these characters), Teen Titans Go! is fun and all but there's not much too it, Ultimate Spider-Man is in between seasons, and South Park has been pretty up and down this season. Anyone have any ideas on what I can watch? It can be old or new.

Orange is the New Black is all on Netflix and has been phenomenal. It's got lots of interpersonal drama, quirky humor, personality-revealing flashbacks a la Lost, and tons of LGBTQ representation. I <3 it.

Have you seen Archer? Very irreverent, sassy and snarky. My cup of tea.

And I'm in the midst of a Firefly rewatch. Sometimes classics are comforting in this world of uncertainty and cancellations which we inhabit. ;)
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

I still can't find a show to replace Breaking Bad. I thought it would be Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and for a little bit it was but people's constant whining about a show that hasn't even hit it's stride is bringing me down. The Walking Dead went back to sucking with this new episode and suffers what this season of American Horror Story does (I don't give a damn about any of these characters), Teen Titans Go! is fun and all but there's not much too it, Ultimate Spider-Man is in between seasons, and South Park has been pretty up and down this season. Anyone have any ideas on what I can watch? It can be old or new.

So on Friday I go home for Thanksgiving Break, which means I'll finally be able to pick up UC:XM #33 and pre-order Ms. Marvel #1.

This gif reminds me, Brenda Song needs to be in a Marvel movie/TV show. She's probably too young to play Wasp, though. :-/ Maybe Daisy Johnson?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Orange is the New Black is all on Netflix and has been phenomenal. It's got lots of interpersonal drama, quirky humor, personality-revealing flashbacks a la Lost, and tons of LGBTQ representation. I <3 it.

Have you seen Archer? Very irreverent, sassy and snarky. My cup of tea.

And I'm in the midst of a Firefly rewatch. Sometimes classics are comforting in this world of uncertainty and cancellations which we inhabit. ;)
    Already watch all three. I am behind on Archer though. Thanks for reminding me. Also thank you for being kind enough to answer me.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post

Arrow is the biggest turd on TV right now. I watched all of season one and hated it so much that I almost punched the person who recommended it.

Already watch Doctor Who.

Is that Lizzy Caplan? If it is I need to watch it. How much sex and nudity does this show have? Would you watch it with your mother and grandmother in the same room?

Thanks man!

Is that Lizzy Caplan?
    Yes

How much sex and nudity does this show have?
    Yes

Would you watch it with your mother and grandmother in the same room?
    No
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Regarding your initial question... remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    WHAT'S THAT? YOU GUYS WANT ME TO TALK ABOUT TV?!?! ALRIGHT!!!

Let's see... where to start...

NEW SHOWS!
    Hello Ladies (HBO) - Outstanding. It's absolutely painful to watch at times. Think Michael Scott at his most pathetic and awkward, then multiply it times ten and imagine thirty minutes of that. It's so upsetting, but holy crap is it funny. It's just hard to binge on.
    The Blacklist (NBC) - I've fallen a few episodes behind, but this is actually pretty good. The plot is ridiculously silly at times, but it's fun. James Spader alone makes up for any shortcomings. Plus (surprise!) it's got an attractive leading lady.
    The Crazy Ones (CBS) - Robin Williams is everything you'd expect him to be. There's nothing awesome about it, but it's still a fun show to watch. I get the feeling that most of his lines are improv, and there's nothing wrong with that.
    Brooklyn Nine Nine (Fox) - This is the big surprise of the season for me, it's actually really funny! I loved Andy Samberg on SNL, and Hot Rod is a classic, but I wasn't expecting anything good from this. It's not as good as the other Fox powerhouses (Mindy Project and New Girl), but it's solid.
    Masters of Sex (Showtime) - Premium cable delivers again! It started slow, but this has quickly become one of the season's best. This character focused show is surprisingly earnest and the copious amounts of sex, oddly enough, take a backseat (NO PUN INTENDED) to the drama. And, naturally, there's the added benefit of being on premium cable, if you're into that sort of thing.
    Agents of SHIELD (ABC) - I've talked plenty about this, but it's a perfectly okay television show. There's really not a lot special about it, but it's certainly not bad either. And it's gotten much better in the past few weeks after an underwhelming premier. I don't think it will ever achieve greatness though.

Haven't watched yet, but would like to: Almost Human, The Goldbergs

RETURNING SHOWS!
    Parks and Recreation - This is the show that just won't quit! I LOVE THIS SHOW. It's too bad Chris Pratt has to be gone so much for GotG, but the show manages to be great despite his absence. Hands down one of the funniest shows on TV.
    New Girl - It's not as good as last season, but I'm still loving it. And with Happy Endings cancelled, Coach is back! Nick Miller and Winston are two of my favorite characters ever.
    Mindy Project - Still great. The new cast member is fantastic, and last night's episodes is one of my favorite comedy moments of the fall.
    How I Met Your Mother - IT'S FINALLY ENDING!!!! HIMYM has been such a disaster for a few years, but we all stuck around to see who the Mother is. Surprisingly, this season has been a big improvement. I still find myself rolling my eyes a lot, but the comedy has finally come back. Although the more they string out this Robin/Ted BS, the more I roll my eyes.
    Modern Family - It didn't deserve the Emmy, but I still love this show. There's been less Manny and more Lilly, so that's a big plus.
    American Horror Story - WOW! I shouldn't be surprised, but this third season has managed to be completely fresh. Kathy Bates is a great addition to the already fantastic cast. I'm not sure how I'd rank this season against the others, but it's still great.
    Walking Dead - I've really liked this season. Unlike season 2, which was dreadful, this is how to do "stay in one place" the right way. I just hope they have the balls to kill off Carl. I hate that kid. So, so much.
    Boardwalk Empire - I'm way behind on this, but it's been as good as ever. I've never thought it was an awesome show, but it's always a cool one.
    Homeland - Still great. It'll never be as great as the first season, but the absence of Brody has been quite refreshing. Saul continues to be a badass.
    South Park - I haven't seen many of the new episodes yet, but I always love it. 15 seasons in and they continue to remain relevant while also doing new things.
    Saturday Night Live - This doesn't really count, and I don't watch it every week, but I wanted to say that I love the new cast members. I love them. And the preexisting females are all outstanding. And Terran Killian (pictured in last month's USM letters) is great. HOWEVER, the writing is atrocious. There's so much talent in the cast, but no good material.

COMING SOON!
    Archer!
    House of Lies!
    Community!

Well... I think that's about it. I watch too much TV!

(Bonus update! I'm planning to bring back Plawsky's Read Pile soon! Maybe even tomorrow! I know you've been missing it)
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Elder Member

Yes

Yes

No
    Ugh. I'm torn. The sex and violence is what is making not watch Game of Thrones past the first episode, but Lizzy Caplan...Ugh.

Regarding your initial question... remember this?
    So I need to catch up on stuff really. I was hoping to find something new, but old will do.

Arrow. 8)

You should give Game of Thrones a chance, don't care about the nudity and gore, enjoy the characters. Infact, think of it as a great way of understanding how truly harsh the medieval times we're, because everyone is a shades of grey, this isn't a black and white world.

Bryan Hitch interview on Real Heroes!

World's Finest Review of Young Justice: Legacy
    The game is pretty straightforward. There's five areas with three missions each. Within each mission are 1-4 levels each. Each level is complementary to the story and nothing is wasted or out of place. But expect plenty of twists and surprises along the way. It would take on average 15-20 hours to play the entire game, coincidentally about the same length as a full season of Young Justice. However, it does feel like the game came up too short. It would have been neat if there were side missions with stories that star characters not involved in the main storyline. The main story already sets one up with Lagoon Boy and Bumblebee being unable to participate on account of them being on a special assignment. Who wouldn't want to know what that was about? Plus, there's the implicit question of what the unlockable playable characters were up to before they take a Zeta-Tube trip to the Cave and answer Aqualad's call to arms. Plus, if the journals are any indication, there's plenty material for Red Arrow side missions.

The game has some flaws, yes, but those so feel minor since this games give the fans some well-deserved answers. Young Justice fans get this great epic-filled adventure with plenty of answers to what happened during the five-year time skip (and expanding on some innocuous one liners). A captivating storyline, the original voice cast, the guiding hand of Young Justice producers Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti, bonus items to collect, and extra modes that will keep fans playing you get it here. You ever wanted to be on the Team? You ever wondered what the heck happened during that time skip? Want to know what Red Arrow did? Want to experience one more epic jaunt on Earth-16? Young Justice: Legacy reminded me why I loved Young Justice with a passion in the first place! This game reminds us that there are so many amazing stories left to tell and, with enough support from fans, there's hope for more from Little Orbit.

Graphics: 8 out of 10
    Story: 10 out of 10
    Controls: 7 out of 10
    Overall Score: 8.5 out of 10
    Feel's rather genorous review, the reviewer barely talks about the 12 characters, so that has me thinking they're not really unique characters that you can truly create unique, but they're more or less same characters with a little bit of variety, meaning this is a button-smash rpg adventure. Glad to hear good thoughts on the voice acting, story and lenght. For 20 it seems a good investment from Young Justice fans who truly want to see more.

Marvel making a huge jump with their digital service
    , Netflix-style service for older comics?

DC ramps up plans for Nightwing, more or less confirming his appearence in Man of Steel 2.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Arrow is the biggest turd on TV right now. I watched all of season one and hated it so much that I almost punched the person who recommended it.
    You wrong fo' dat.

Already watch Doctor Who.
    Good boy.

Is that Lizzy Caplan? If it is I need to watch it. How much sex and nudity does this show have? Would you watch it with your mother and grandmother in the same room?
    Ugh. I'm torn. The sex and violence is what is making not watch Game of Thrones past the first episode, but Lizzy Caplan...Ugh.
    It's really not that much, IMO, especially compared to True Blood or Game of Thrones. In fact, last night's episode didn't have a single sex scene.

That said, I wouldn't watch it with my mother. The nudity is mild but frequent, and there's lots of dialogue/plot development about genitalia and STDs and orgasms and glowy vibrators with built-in cameras. But it's not gratuitous or even particularly sexy; the nudity and sex are always plot-driven, and most of it is more uncomfortable than titillating.

And yes, Lizzy Caplan is SCALDING hot, and a fine actress. Although she kinda gets overshadowed by Michael Sheen, who is just incredible.