Page 641 of 824 FirstFirst ... 141541591631637638639640641642643644645651691741 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,615 of 12359
    Elder Member

I'm really glad they made this official.

Quote Originally Posted by DrHorrible View Post
    Jeez you guys are looking way too much into this. It's just the freaking hardcover collection with slight changes being made to it! The only thing that has happened thus far is that Marvel has announcing a universe-changing event, and we have no idea what the ramifications are going to be!

Comic fans are always complaining about how things are spoiled in advance like deaths of characters such as Damian Wayne, and now they're complaining that the ending hasn't been spoiled for them! Jesus Christ!
    You have a point. Whether or not the Ultimate Marvel line continues past February depends on the story at hand, and I have no right to demand that the story be spoiled for me.

However...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    Not really. This is basically the equivalent of watching a TV show and asking "Have they confirmed a new season yet?"
    ...this is what it feels like. If Cataclysm really is the big finale of the Ultimate Marvel line, I'd like to know about it before I get to the last page of that hardcover.

On Vacation

So I finally got around to reading the Injustice: Gods Among us comics. They were pretty cheap but way too short. It was pretty damn good though. I would rather have Tom Taylor on the main Justice League book than Geoff Johns.

I don't know why Braveheart is having such a devastating emotional effect on me right now.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    ...this is what it feels like. If Cataclysm really is the big finale of the Ultimate Marvel line, I'd like to know about it before I get to the last page of that hardcover.
    Yeah, we've all been pretty confident that it's just a new relaunch coming up, but it seems Marvel is really into doing tons of relaunches already with All-New Marvel, not to mention DC's "official" big 2nd wave of DC comics is happening post-Forever Evil, so again you have alot of media focus going around on 616-Marvel and DC comics, will Ultimate get sidelined again?

Paul Dini & Eduardo Risso to create a Vertigo comic starring a Batman character!

Awww, yeah!

Btw i've caught up with Teen Titans Go, man, Cyborg steals the show for me now. I loved the dodge ball episode, where the Teen Titans win by cheating, what a great moral show for children, haha?! Not to mention the sick reference jokes:

Jason Todd's urn has the crowbar Joker used to kill him right next to it, oh Batman!

Guys, you know what depresses me? It seems i won't see 12 Years a Slave until 2014. :*(
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post

Awesome! You know, this was a popular theory on reddit for a while, that somehow Breaking Bad would tie into Malcome in the Middle. It looks like Gillian and the producers took notice. Glad they had a little fun with it. I don't see too many movies or shows doing that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    You have a point. Whether or not the Ultimate Marvel line continues past February depends on the story at hand, and I have no right to demand that the story be spoiled for me.

However...

It's already been confirmed that Ultimate titles will still be published "this time next year," this was said in interviews around September or October I want to say. I don't have the link but I'm sure others can back me up. This will be a game-changing event, but it is not the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Yeah, we've all been pretty confident that it's just a new relaunch coming up, but it seems Marvel is really into doing tons of relaunches already with All-New Marvel, not to mention DC's "official" big 2nd wave of DC comics is happening post-Forever Evil, so again you have alot of media focus going around on 616-Marvel and DC comics, will Ultimate get sidelined again?
    I'm still of the belief that the Ultimate Universe relaunch will be a part of All-New Marvel NOW!, so rather than the UU getting sidelined again, Marvel could try to place more emphasis on it by showing that it's just as important as the regular universe. However, the only way to do that would be to give it more than three books, and that isn't including minis. I mean, at least have five ongoings, somehow. That's a good enough number to make it feel like Marvel cares about it, although I admit that they'd had to do more than just the three pillars of Spider-Man, X-Men, and Ultimates. Change the Ultimates line-up so we can interpret Cataclysm as the last stand of the CURRENT team, so that at least of Cap, Thor, and/or Iron Man are dead, then give Captain Marvel his own book so that he continues to have a role beyond Hunger. I doubt that Fantastic Four would work, so they should try something else.

Age of Ultron has set off a new series of events in comics, and it's not going to end in Cataclysm. All the stuff in 616 is going to come to a head eventually, and there are still ways that Marvel could mix things up between the two universes. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that FCBD book actually leads into such a thing, with the threads from both Bendis' and Slott's stories making a collision at some point, especially since Slott has expressed interest in working with Bendis on a 616/Ultimate crossover for Spider-Man. And even then, Ultimate Spider-Man #200 was only recently approved, but we have no idea what form that will take.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I'm a silent crier, but it's more than just a few drops. ;)

The two movies were It's a Wonderful Life (the very ending) and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (the death at the end, even though I'd read the book and knew it was coming). The comic book was Journey Into Mystery #645, and the TV episode was The Body from Buffy.
    Lol nice. I rarely find myself crying at really sad things and more at happy things. I tear up at more movies than I'd care to list, but the only book that has successfully made me cry was Half-Blood Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post

Yesss! That was awesome. =p
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Something fun for the Game of Throne fans:

Geoff Johns: New Solo title + Vertigo comic!

Ladies and gentlemen, say the magic word:

Seth Rogen responsible for AMC's Preacher?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

So I started uploading to my team gaming channel (again) and uploaded the first part of my Batman: Arkham Origins let's play. Tell me what you think.

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I've got that new She-Hulk series on the brain, and the cosmos threw me a bone with Friday's "Women of Marvel" sale. I snagged the first six issues of Dan Slott's 2004 She-Hulk series, and I'm reading it for the first time.

Has anyone else read it?

On Vacation

Anyone else watching the Chiefs vs Broncos game?

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Anyone else watching the Chiefs vs Broncos game?
    Yup! Peyton's my fantasy QB in one league.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Yup! Peyton's my fantasy QB in one league.
    Nice. That makes sense. But the chiefs are still going to win.