Page 572 of 824 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622672 ... LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Can't tell if excited for Nova or Kaine -_-
    Yes.

10char

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting to be very surprised or excited by any of the NYCC news - especially the Marvel Teasers - but there was some great stuff.

-Detective 27 sounds awesome. I'll be tempted to pick it up even though I don't read that series. Eternal is tough to get excited for though, as good of a concept as it is, because there's already so much Batman going around.
    -Silver Surfer wasn't unexpected, but it's going to be awesome. It's one of Marvel's coolest characters being drawn by one of the best artists around. There don't even need to be words in that book.
    -New Warriors was unexpected, and a cool addition to Marvel's lineup, but the lineup doesn't excite me much. Never been a NW guy, though.
    -Ummm.... that Elektra cover. Yes.
    -Ummm.... that Captain Marvel cover by Yu. Yes.

But really, there's one book that probably stole the show for me:

Miracle Man!! Sure, we all knew it was coming someday. But still, it's freaking Neil Gaiman! After 20 years, it'll finally get finished! I still need to finish reading the original run, but I love what I've read of it.

And who knows, maybe some day we'll actually see the end of ASBAR or JMS's Squadron Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Yes.

10char
    Oh, you.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

And who knows, maybe some day we'll actually see the end of ASBAR o
    ASBAR is being collected in Absolute format, i want to believe we finally see Dark Knight: Boy Wonder happen. Rumors are after Superman Unchained, Jim Lee will relaunch Wildcats.

For me the most exciting stuff from Marvel was:
    - Ales Kot on Secret Avengers + Iron Patriot
    - Miracleman getting collected and concluded.
    - Ghost Rider ongoing
    - Charles Soule's Thunderbolts gaining Ghost Rider
    - Cautiously optimistic on both Punisher and Elektra ongoings

I just hope Ultimate Marvel isn't getting canceled with Marvel focusing on "All-New Marvel Now"
    Last edited by Drz; 10-14-2013 at 01:40 AM.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    For me the most exciting stuff from Marvel was:
    - Ales Kot on Secret Avengers + Iron Patriot
    - Miracleman getting collected and concluded.
    - Ghost Rider ongoing
    - Charles Soule's Thunderbolts gaining Ghost Rider
    - Cautiously optimistic on both Punisher and Elektra ongoings

I just hope Ultimate Marvel isn't getting canceled with Marvel focusing on "All-New Marvel Now"
    I'm kind of excited for Iron Patriot too. I have a feeling it will bomb though. Good character, probably at 2.99 too, but not a big enough fan base to support it. Especially with everything else that's out.

Not sure what the big deal is about Miracleman exactly. If you like him, that's cool, but I've never heard of him until recently and everyone seems to be all about him.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. I don't want Ultimate to get cancelled to make way for Punisher and Elektra books. Do characters like Ms Marvel, Punisher, Elektra, Black Widow, and Ghost Rider have big enough fan bases to support solo books?

Elder Member

Um...there's a captain title missing from that post there my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    I'm kind of excited for Iron Patriot too. I have a feeling it will bomb though. Good character, probably at 2.99 too, but not a big enough fan base to support it. Especially with everything else that's out.
    Last time Rhodey had an ongoing it was by Nick Spencer and came after Iron Man 2. Nick Spencer has the worst luck ever with ongoings over at Marvel lol.

Not sure what the big deal is about Miracleman exactly. If you like him, that's cool, but I've never heard of him until recently and everyone seems to be all about him.
    He's basically the 3rd best Superman character ever in existance, #1 is obviously the Superman himself and then you have Captain Marvel (Shazam) Miracleman/Marvelman is the next big thing. It's more about the hype and fame regarding Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman on the character. It's nostalgia on both industry and fanbase wise, it's a highly acclaimed series and a huge victory for Marvel as a comic company, much bigger than Angela from Image comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMarvell View Post
    Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. I don't want Ultimate to get cancelled to make way for Punisher and Elektra books. Do characters like Ms Marvel, Punisher, Elektra, Black Widow, and Ghost Rider have big enough fan bases to support solo books?
    Captain Marvel was selling less than Gambit, Venom, Scarlet Spider-Man, but Marvel wants to make a push for Captain Marvel the same way they want to push onward Inhumans. It's respectable to see Marvel try to promote her, she also had a good solid scene in the Marvel's OGN Avengers: Endless Wartime.

Punisher, Elektra, Black Widow and Ghost Rider have all had pretty lousy ongoings, the Punisher has handled this the best from Joe Quesada's brilliant decision to hire Garth Ennis, Ennis made the Punisher's career in 20th century, Jason Aaron continued with Punisher Max for a good two years, Rucka's run was almost two years, but yeah, he's a big iconic pop culture character that deserves a shot. Black Widow was on the Avengers, so fans have been demanding an ongoing for her a while now, i mean, Scarlett Johanson does have a fanbase, let's see how they will succeed.

Elektra has like a handful of fans, so it's really hard to say, she's usually featured as a co-star or a team member, i think the last time she had an ongoing was by Greg Rucka in 2004-2006? Ghost Rider, another potential big hit, what they decided to do with Ghost Rider is like what they did with Lobo, you have this "badass warrior" and you "modernize/update" him, this new Ghost Rider, well the Exciter said it the best, it's "the Fast and the Ghost Driver" we got a 17 year old hispanic car driver as the new Ghost Rider, but hey, you gotta try new things, it might be even inspired by Refn's "Drive" movie, which is my personal favorite superhero movie out there.

When i think about these characters, i think about DC's attempts with Princess Amethyst, Earth-2, Talon, Phantom Stranger, Constantine, Justice League of America, etc. Some of these new titles worked out, some of them didn't. It's important that the biggest 2 publishers are trying something different besides from Justice League and Avengers.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way. I don't want Ultimate to get cancelled
    Let's just hope for the best! I'm just super worried since for example things like the new Ghost Rider, they could have tried this over at Ultimate, but nope, them experimenting new things just makes Ultimate Marvel even less modernized and relevant, soon the only thing unique to us is killing off major characters lol. The new Ghost Rider can be compared to Miles Morales easily, so yeah, here's hoping for the best.

Batman: Arkham Origins - Electrocutioner trailer!

I love how they're using lesser known villains.
    Last edited by Drz; 10-14-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The new Ghost Rider can be compared to Miles Morales easily, so yeah, here's hoping for the best.
    The thing about Miles is that it was an organic transition. Peter's character had a satisfying end and paved the way for Miles. We don't have that kind of transition with Ghost Rider, as there are actually TWO active Ghost Riders around already, one of which will be added to the Thunderbolts but another, Danny Ketch, is just in limbo.

Well now comes the argument that Jason Aaron established there are multiple Spirits of Vengeances, but i understand your point that for fans Johnny Blaze/Danny Ketch is *the* Ghost Rider, but at the same time, this is where people have "their" Batman, Spider-Man (Kaine, Spider-Ock, Miles) and so on. Ghost Rider's 1st arc is an origin story, mayhaps the 2nd arc can guest-star Ketch/Blaze and revolve around the supernatural realm?

Just purchased this, love the movie, love the steelcover design:
    My Blog

Elder Member

Fixed for content

I just got back from seeing Gravity in Imax 3D. If you haven't seen this yet, drop whatever you're doing and go see it right now.

I won't be able to see that till Mid-November, so no spoilers, thank you.

Injustice: Year Two begins January!

NJUSTICE YEAR TWO #1
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by BRUNO REDONDO
    Cover by JHEREMY RAAPACK
    On sale JANUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST

The best-selling prequel to the hit videogame picks up right where it left off! Year one is over—now, year two begins. The death of one of their own has divided Earth’s protectors as hero turns against hero. As Superman’s iron grip on the world tightens, at the edge of the galaxy, fear approaches...

Entertainment Weekly exclusive: Superman 75th Years tribute by Zack Snyder & Bruce Timm!

Awesomesauce to the max.
    My Blog

So far I've spent my day off digging through my DVR.

The "Blade and the Howling Commandos" episode of Ultimate Spider-Man is fun stuff. Still miffed about the way it rips off the Creature Commandos and completely misuses the "Howling Commandos" name, but the episode is a lot of fun to watch. Love the appearance by Man-Thing. This show has come a long, long way.

Fixed for content
    Damn straight.

The Mummy twist was terrible, the name use was pretty clever. It's not stupid like what they did with the Scorpion.

DC January Comics!

FOREVER EVIL #5
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by DAVID FINCH and RICHARD FRIEND
    1:100 Variant cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    1:50 Variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
    1:25 Variant cover by ETHAN VAN SCIVER
    On sale JANUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, 5 of 7, $3.99 US
    RATED T • Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
    Retailers: This issue will ship with five covers. Please see the order form for more information.
    With everything to lose, Lex Luthor and his Injustice League raid the stronghold of the Crime Syndicate with consequences so devastating, the DC Universe will never be the same!
    This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.

HARLEY QUINN #2
    Written by AMANDA CONNER and JIMMY PALMIOTTI
    Art by CHAD HARDIN
    Cover by AMANDA CONNER
    On sale JANUARY 22 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    Harley and guest star Poison Ivy set out to rescue a bunch of cute puppies and kitties! What could possibly go wrong?

GREEN ARROW #27
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art and cover by ANDREA SORRENTINO
    On sale JANUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    “The Outsiders War” part 2! Green Arrow fights for his life against the head of the Shield Clan, the deadly Kodiak! Plus, learn the tragic secret that turned Oliver Queen into Green Arrow!
    Last edited by Drz; 10-14-2013 at 02:06 PM.
    My Blog

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Who wants to talk about comics?!?
    ME!!!!! But not now.

Did anyone here read Sex Criminals #1? It sounds hilarious.
    I am positively in love with this book. Like, oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    What are all the issues in Battle of the Atom?
    Well, it's too long, too decompressed, and, well, kind of boring.

Quote Originally Posted by DrHorrible View Post
    OH MY GOD YES!!
    I'm surprisingly looking forward to this. I'm not really a fan of Slott's work, but I will so give this book a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    What did you do to Brian Wood?
    I went up to him at probably a wrong time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by DrHorrible View Post
    Why did he call you that?
    So I was in line to ask a question at the Spider-Man panel and time runs out so I just HAD to have my question answered. I go up to him after the panel and I asked him, being serious, "when are you guys going to kill off Aunt May?"

I am positively in love with this book. Like, oh my god.
    I KNOW, RIGHT?!? My comic book guy said he ordered 20 copies of the first issue, sold all 20, and 16 of his customers subscribed immediately. As soon as I finished reading, I called him up and became #17.