Page 567 of 824 FirstFirst ... 67467517557563564565566567568569570571577617667 ... LastLast
Results 8,491 to 8,505 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    STOP THE PRESS, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW, THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT:

FRANK MILLER RETURNS TO BATMAN!!!!

Godamn it, just when I finally stopped giving a shit about superhero comics (Ult X-Men is my only one) they pull me back in. And Paul Dini is writing one too? What's next, Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle taking over Detective and introducing Anarky to the N52? Denny O'neil writing a new Richard Dragon series? Greg Rucka writing a Question Earth One? Paul Dini writing Nightwing? Joss Weadon's WW movie announcement? I bet they would... the bastards.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

Still, can't we just talk about the fact Frank Miller is drawing Batman? Those two pages, are going to be the darn best 2 best pages of comics in 2014. I love me some Frank Miller.[/B]
    But its modern Miller, so will Batman be strangling a Muslim on at least one of those two pages?

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    But its modern Miller, so will Batman be strangling a Muslim on at least one of those two pages?
    Yah I agree. Frank Miller shouldn't be anywhere near comics. I'm actually really surprised he is writing again.

I feel like the next time I buy some TPBs I should get a DC one, but none of the New 52s I've gotten from the library have really done it for me. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, even Batwoman...all were good, but not amazing, and since I'm not attached to the characters, I'm not really feeling a need to continue.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

I probably won't be picking up this Batman: Eternal thing in floppies. I'm trying to stay firm on my 'no more adding capes and tights books to my pull list" policy. It's a lot cheaper to trade wait them and they usually read better in that format.
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

I made a Star Trek: Into Darkness and the Avengers trailer mash-up.

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Yes, you wound me, throwing salt at my wounds.

DC is still being more consistent with 3.99$ equaling 30 pages of story, but now, because Marvel, Image, Dark Horse and everyone, soon DC might do it as well, and you know what that leads to? DC simply gaining higher sales.
    And this consistency allows price raises for director's cuts, black and whites, 3D covers, and so forth? Marvel does this too, but DC isn't flawless in this regard.

Yeah it's a team effort vs. a single writer. Jonathan Hickman's Avengers has not been up par with his Ultimates work for example, simply because the dude had to write so much in so little time. Post-Infinity he will stop double shipping Avengers, which is great.

Wolverine and the X-Men suffered from filler arcs in the middle, but now he went back to finish the Hellfire Academy, so i can agree it's great.

Thor suffered a bit from editorial when they extended the Thor arc, so the ending was abit more clichι, but this new arc has started off wonderfully.

Still Aaron has spoken about how it has effected his work, he can't do so much work around, don't you think thats abit shame? You're a writer who wants to write, but your work limits you, cages you!
    His quote sounds like he's jesting a bit. Can you show me the quote in context so I have a better idea of it?

But we can only assume Marvel will try same? ;)
    Well if it sells well, Marvel may want to do something similarly, but they won't half-ass it most likely.

Now why aren't you two talking about Batman and Frank Miller? Always going after me, i've been giving delicious news and this is what i get? Bah.
    I'm not pumped for this. Frank Miller's Batman is great, but if he's only doing two pages, it's most likely splash pages or something small. It'll be like a little cameo. I'll get excited when they announce a 10 to 20 page story by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I probably won't be picking up this Batman: Eternal thing in floppies. I'm trying to stay firm on my 'no more adding capes and tights books to my pull list" policy. It's a lot cheaper to trade wait them and they usually read better in that format.
    I keep making policies like this, and they never stick. I'm wishy-washy.

Awhile back, I decided to trim my pull list and buy more trades. Over a few months I cut my pull list in half, but I hesitated to pull the trigger on trade purchases. Now I find myself wanting to add pulls like crazy, and it frustrates me because I know I'll change my mind and reverse course in a few months.

Ah, how I missed Drz avoiding answering questions.

*inhales*

I'm home.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Elder Member

STOP THE PRESS, STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING RIGHT NOW, THIS IS MORE IMPORTANT:

FRANK MILLER RETURNS TO BATMAN!!!!

Batman: Eternal announced!

52, Brightest Day, Batman Eternal? Bring it on!
    "Here at DC Comics we know what men want and what they don't want. They want more Batman and they don't want cooties. That's why we are proud to announce our women free Batman celebration!" ~ Dan Didio (probably)

Yo, Wyokid.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

I stick mainly to trades out of necessity (no LCBS near my college) and personal preference (I like reading whole story arcs at a time); also, I get a lot of Barnes and Noble giftcards around the holidays, so TPBs are a good way to spend them.

It is fun to have one or two series that I get on an issue by issue basis, though (Ultimate Comics: X-Men and Avengers Arena).
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Elder Member

I managed to go to Midtown Comics and ERMAHGAHD! ARVERNGERS ARENAR!

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Yo, Wyokid.
    Yo, Facebook unfriender.

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    And those two pages of an Muslim dying would still be the best two pages of 2014.

And this consistency allows price raises for director's cuts, black and whites, 3D covers, and so forth? Marvel does this too, but DC isn't flawless in this regard.
    Why are you so againts non-inked+colored editions? People enjoy art and behind the scenes. Why are you so arms againts DC providing something extra? You don't complain about Blu-rays and DvDs containing extras, do you? Also the 3D covers also an optional bonus, you could buy a 2D cover if you want.
    Last edited by Plawsky; 10-11-2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Play nice
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Also the 3D covers also an optional bonus, you could buy a 2D cover if you want.
    Only because of an accident, though.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others