Page 434 of 824 FirstFirst ... 334384424430431432433434435436437438444484534 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Watching Spiderman 2. It really reminds me how much more I liked Toby as Peter than Andrew.
    Tobey was a really underrated Peter Parker. Just forget Spiderman 3 ever happened though.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Tobey was a really underrated Peter Parker. Just forget Spiderman 3 ever happened though.
    Yeah 3 was bad.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Spider-Man 2 was awesome!
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Watching Spiderman 2. It really reminds me how much more I liked Toby as Peter than Andrew.
    I loved that movie! I can only imagine how much better it would have been if Andrew Garfield, the definitive Peter Parker/Spider-Man, was playing Peter rather than Tobey. Man, Alfred Molina and JK Simmons owned that movie. Tobey was rather "meh" in that movie, like the first one but, hey, I still enjoy them and don't mean to call them "the worst superhero movie(s) I've ever seen" (ah hem, some of you guys with TASM, ah hem). I would even venture to say Spider-Man 3 would've been a good film had it not a) had a ridiculous dancing scene and b) had three movies, essentially, stuffed into one. I'm okay with multiple villains but they should, in some way, be connected unless handled REALLY, REALLY well. They didn't execute properly so it went "bleh". Still relatively enjoyable though.

But if two actors had to be the same from the originals it would be Alfred Molina as Doc Ock and JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson. They owned their roles and deserve every ounce if acting credit for the amazing Spider-Man 2. But I do believe the Amazing Spider-Man 2, like Andrew Garfield as Peter, will be the definitive Spider-Man movie.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    My point is not that the movie has been unsuccessful, because it obviously has been. But the executives, being the business oriented people they are, want more billion dollar movies. $600 million is great; but it's not $900 million. Putting Superman and Batman together is basically a free ticket to a billion dollars.
    The executives have already bene happy about Man of Steels success, your assumptions, are only assumptions.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Guillermo del Toro confirms Pacific Rim 2!

Lucasfilm denies report claiming director looking to drop out.

Hey! That's my all time favorite movie!
    Last edited by wyokid; 07-23-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Agreed. Toby played the part beautifully. I think he played it much better than Andrew Garfield. Then again, I think the overall story with the first two Spider-Man movies was much stronger than anything Andrew Garfield got. I think the biggest flaw of those early movies was Kirsten Dunst playing Mary Jane. I like Kirsten, but she did not do that part very well. And I think Emma Stone has definitely captured the Gwen Stacy role nicely. That's one thing I'll give Amazing Spider-Man.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Elder Member

Speaking of Spider-Man, apparently that scene where he catches all of the food on the tray was real and not CGI.

Dear Sweet Baby Jesus,

Thank you for cosplay girls.

- RockyBanks

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Dear Sweet Baby Jesus,

Thank you for cosplay girls.

- RockyBanks

Aren't you married? ;)
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Aren't you married? ;)
    Yeah, but I'm not dead.

Spider-man 2 is certainly a better movie than ASM, but I like the casting in the newer movie better. I think Garfield is a better actor, at least compared to Maguire as Spider-man, and I think Emma Stone is vastly superior to Kirsten Dunst. But I'll take a better script with a slightly lesser cast any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The executives have already bene happy about Man of Steels success, your assumptions, are only assumptions.
    Of course they are. But you really don't think they want more money, even if they're happy with what MoS brought in? I make fine money, but I would be very happy if I could suddenly make twice as much. Especially if it was as easy as saying "let's put Batman in the next one." There's a reason they're doing World's Finest rather than Green Lantern 2 or Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not dead.
    It's called "look, but don't touch." With the sub-clause of "you better not let me catch you looking."
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

It's called "look, but don't touch." With the sub-clause of "you better not let me catch you looking."
    Yeah, I've got a story about that.

There's this girl who goes to my church. Honest-to-God, the hottest woman I've ever laid eyes on. Always sits in the pew right in front of me and the wife. My wife knows I ogle this girl throughout the entire service, and has long since stopped caring. (She's not the jealous type. Usually.)

Well, Mrs. Banks and I pull up to the daycare yesterday to drop the kids off, and I notice a note on the front door. When we come to a stop, I stare at it pretty hard to try and read it.

A split second later, Hot Girl From Church appears from nowhere, ushering her kids through the front door, rocking the hell out of a skintight dress.

In that same instant, my wife notices me staring like a hawk in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Banks
    "Could you be a little less conspicuous when you check her out?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks
    "I was reading the note on the door."
    "Uh huh. And what did it say?"
    [I recite the note word-for-word without looking. Because I wasn't lying.]

"Okay, okay."
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks
    "Yeah, DAT @$$ was just icing on the cake. "
    Thankfully, she thought that was cute.
    Last edited by RockyBanks; 07-23-2013 at 07:39 AM.

Comics are more better.

Of course they are. But you really don't think they want more money, even if they're happy with what MoS brought in? I make fine money, but I would be very happy if I could suddenly make twice as much. Especially if it was as easy as saying "let's put Batman in the next one." There's a reason they're doing World's Finest rather than Green Lantern 2 or Aquaman.
    Ahahahahahahahaaaa.

Plawsky: Man of Steel didn't make Iron Man 3 or Dark Knight numbers
    Me: The Studio did not even expect to make those numbers in the 1st place.
    Plawsky: Derp, people always want more money.

It's not rocket science that people want more money, but they weren't assuming they'd get those numbers.

Question: I wonder what you will say when you see Captain America, Thor and Guardians of Galaxy numbers? Will you defend Marvel by saying they weren't expecting those numbers, or will your tone be the same as for MoS? I doubt it personally.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog