Page 394 of 824 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444494 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 12359
    Elder Member

-Smallville
    -Justice League Unlimited (if these were numbered this would be number one)
    -Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Season One
    -Spider-Man (1967)
    -Scrubs

Beware the Batman July Episodes:

Beware The Batman
    Saturday, July 13th, 2013 at 10:00am (ET/PT)
    “Hunted” – Batman stops two vigilantes from taking their revenge over a shady land deal. An aging Alfred hires his replacement: a female bodyguard named Katana.

Beware The Batman
    Saturday, July 20th, 2013 at 10:00am (ET/PT)
    “Secrets” – A new female villain, Magpie, kidnaps Batman, who must decipher her multiple personality disorder in order to outsmart her.

Beware The Batman
    Saturday, July 27th, 2013 at 10:00am (ET/PT)
    “Tests”– Bruce puts Katana through a series of tests to prove her loyalty; meanwhile Batman battles Anarky.
    Me Gusta.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I can't picture a Captain Planet movie without it being horribly cheesy. Besides, I thought we already passed the threshold for a climate catastrophe. That means that there's no way to undo what humanity has done to the planet. Therefore, that means that Captain Planet is a cold faced liar. The power ISN'T ours. It's too late and saying it is just offers false hope. And that's a bad message for any movie.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    [img]http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/features/exclusive-giffen-dematteis-maguire-reunite-for-justice-league-30.jpg

Justice League 2099... er... 3000
    I'm interested in this. I'll probably pick up the first trade. It sounds promising.

YESSSSS
    Lol. Will Farrell is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    World War Z was awesomesauce. Way better then Star Trek and Superman.
    I just saw the trailer for it. It looks really good.

It's not what there not doing. It's what they shouldn't be doing. This shouldn't even be an issue. It shouldn't be allowed plain and simple. I'm not sure if your American but I know this. Just because the government has the right to do it doesn't mean that they should do it.
    There's a lot of discussion about this in UK politics at the moment. The public and the few good politicians we have, have been complaining about extreme American surveillance being practiced in the UK. As for the politicians in question, their answers are simple. They either say 1. It's the Americans' fault, or 2. It's being used primarily to track terrorists. But the public - primarily the younger 16+ adults - complain about Facebook accounts being hacked into, and we are really not happy about it. Nor are we happy about the UK playing "little brother" to America's imperialism. There's a very diverse and non-bias program of political debate called Question Time that's on every week on TV and on every morning on the radio. I recommend watching Question Time for a varied but clear view of UK politics. Of course the UK government is immoral and corrupt, but Question Time offers a very varied view on politics where the public, professional spokesmen, fundraisers, politicians and humanists can all have their say. Then government secrets and corrupt politicians are often exposed. As well as things about the war and the economy that our government do not want us to know about. To be frank, we've had enough. Independence in Europe is going to be hot topic over the next decade as countries like Scotland, Greece and Spain have said that they don't want nuclear weapons in their country, they want to leave the European Union and they don't want anything to do with Washington's imperial siege of the Arab world. They're against the illegal war campaigns and how the system of the economy has screwed them over, and they just don't want to be part of the EU's monetary system any longer.

"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [i.e., securing inherent and inalienable rights, with powers derived from the consent of the governed], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Thomas Jefferson
    Thomas Jefferson. The greatest American president that ever lived. He's the absolute Don.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    Most fan art is. It's creepy and I hate it.
    This might sway your opinion?

Marvel Has Requested A Meeting With Vin Diesel

Office visit? Role in an upcoming film?? WRITING A COMIC!!?
    Why? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    As long as they can get the Rock involved with him, I'll buy 50.

Conversely, without the first 20 minutes, Man of Steel would've been a much better movie.
    Why, because it was too slow for you? That's like saying the half hour scene in Django Unchained at the dinner table in Candy's mansion should be cut out because it was too long for commercial viewers and would therefore be a more universally praised film. That would be true. But that would not make the film better at all. In fact it would have worsened the film. I think it's great that film showcases Krypton like that, especially see as this story is meant to be a trilogy.

Btw, Peter Jackson did a King Kong remake a few years ago. The story was very comprehensive. You probably wouldn't like that.

As I said before, I know that most people - by the literal definition of most being more than 50% of all people - don't care about the movie. Or any movie. What I'm struggling to understand is how that's relevant. If my confusion is ignorance, then so be it, but I'm genuinely curious how it means anything.
    Plawsky, I made two posts, each with a sizeable paragraph of me criticising the acting, praising the production and discussing fan response. And you only responded to the smallest sentence, one in which was just a passing statement. What's funny is your response to it. In the very post of yours you linked me actually.
    True based on what? You keep saying this as a fact, but I'm not sure what's supporting this other than your opinion.
    Except now you agree that it's a fact. Make up your mind.

But if you look at what I was saying about the Avengers again, you'll notice that that was a very, very small sentence within the paragraphs. You now ask "What's the point?" Well, not a lot actually. This started of with me asking you a question about Pacific Rim, but I have no desire to try and disprove an opinion that's different than my own. And I'm not even trying to prove anything either. You ask too much of me.

Besides, my main point about the Avengers was how the box office ratings don't really mean much. Films like the Matrix and Fight Club (which are a thousand times better than the Avengers) didn't sell anywhere near as well as the Avengers. Why? Because there's not much that determines box office sales than hype, marketing, sales pitch and the fact that it was a big sequel in the already popular Marvel cinematic universe. It's also a big budget special effects spectacle showcasing the biggest live-action line up of superheroes more powerful than anyone had ever seen on the silver screen before That's why it was a box office smash. Like I said, "Everybody loves Blockbusters", even though yes, I was exaggerating. But perhaps you should be concentrating more on what you're reading rather than what I'm reading, because I've already said all this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Why, because it was too slow for you?
    Not slow as much as boring. It wasn't really a slow scene, just a long one. Plenty of stuff was happening, but it was stuff I didn't feel was necessary.

That's like saying the half hour scene in Django Unchained at the dinner table in Candy's mansion should be cut out because it was too long for commercial viewers and would therefore be a more universally praised film. That would be true. But that would not make the film better at all. In fact it would have worsened the film.
    I'm not sure that's true; critical praise of Django was pretty high. Tarantino does slow very well, like the opening of Inglorious Basterds. And pretty much every other movie he's made. It's one of his trademarks.

Like I said, I don't mind long movies. I don't mind slow scenes. But they have to add something to the movie, and I didn't feel like this did. The first act of Wall-E has almost no dialogue at all - just two robots and a cricket - but it never got boring. That's the difference for me.

Btw, Peter Jackson did a King Kong remake a few years ago. The story was very comprehensive. You probably wouldn't like that.
    King Kong was alright - certainly a huge visual achievement at the time - but yeah, it was a bit long. Again, I don't hate long movies.

Plawsky, I made two posts, each with a sizeable paragraph of me criticising the acting, praising the production and discussing fan response. And you only responded to the smallest sentence, one in which was just a passing statement. What's funny is your response to it. In the very post of yours you linked me actually.
    How would you prefer I respond? You know I liked the acting in the movie, and I'm aware that you don't. If you want to know more, then ask me.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

What is everyone's favorite TV Show theme/intros.
    1. Elementary
    2. Lost
    3. Heroes
    4. Prison Break
    5. Breakout Kings
    6. Alphas
    7. The Big Bang Theory
    8. Breaking Bad
    9. The Walking Dead
    10. Dexter
    11. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes (Season 1)
    12. Spectacular Spider-Man
    13. Fringe
    Last edited by Balfro; 06-28-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

BANNED

The only role/character I want to see The Rock as is Namor. Otherwise, I don't want to see him acting in any movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    UNF. This is that Clay Mann commission all over again. Sudden joy, subsequent realization, fifteen minutes of regret.

Screen Junkies did it again! Perfectly captured why Independence Day is not only one of the worst films ever made, but also why it's one of the most awesome films ever made!
    Lmao. I love Honest Trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Especially considering that according to Bendis continuity, Jessica is probably still only seventeen and therefore underage, biologically (cloned from a fifteen-year-old Peter, then six months from Ultimatum, and a year from spoilers:
    Rio's death.
    end of spoilers)
    Not in my country. :P

But thanks for posting all of that great art, Robbie. Most of it's really cool to look at.
    Thanks.

BANNED

@ Time_to_Zap - I didn't know what UNF meant so I looked it up. Is this what you meant? The universal noise of...
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=UNF

Elder Member

@ Time_to_Zap - I didn't know what UNF meant so I looked it up. Is this what you meant? The universal noise of...
    Yep. I was actually kind of wondering if Zap knows this....

How blindly will his fans follow Justin Bieber?

Last edited by wyokid; 06-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Hey guys, I made a Spectacular Now/The Amazing Spider-Man Mash-Up. For anyone interested, the video is below.

"Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Elder Member

CTV to broadcast Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Canada

Zeb Wells and Jonathan Hickman Bring Nova and The Inhumans Into Infinity

“Believe it or not, Thanos isn't particularly enamored with anyone calling themselves a Nova,” explains incoming NOVA writer Zeb Wells. “Not after Richard Rider went out of his way to keep him trapped in the Cancerverse. When he discovers that there is a new Nova on Earth, he is not impressed.”

“Thanos has big plans for Earth and can't take the time to kill Sam himself, so he does something even worse,” continues Wells. “He sends one of his Generals' psychopathic kids after him. Her name is Kaldera and she is terrifying.”

“Nova has come to terms with the fact that he has a lot to learn and that maybe he should take care of his town before he moves on to greater things. Unfortunately greater things are about to show up on his doorstep to kick his ass.”
    I just clipped out the Nova stuff, but there's plenty more from Hickman of The Inhumans.
    Last edited by wyokid; 06-28-2013 at 11:01 AM.

Saw Man of Steel again, loved it alot more but the movie really does take a huge dip when the fightning sequences begin, i still like the Smallville chaos the best due to Faora, rawr. <3 Still my critism on the movie stands as i've written on the blog, i just really appreciated everything before the war scenery.

Earth-2 #14 preview!

San Diego rumors!

- Justice League DTV movie based off John's & Lee's work
    - Bruce Timm working on the Justice League cartoon
    - Geoff Johns working/pitching a Aquaman movie for Warner Brothers.
    - Geoff Johns writing more Arrow episodes.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

I mean, I don't see why someone can't get turned on by the idea of a New X-Men comic book series starring Loa, Surge, Anole, etc. written by Bendis and drawn by Clay Mann.

"Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire