Page 308 of 824 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 12359
    Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    There is no source that confirms this. I've searched for it. There isn't anywhere they state, for the record, that it won't happen. Feige will have his first outing as producer for TASM2. It may not mean more but it is DEFINITELY a higher Marvel Studios stake in this film. They own the merchandise and earn a higher profit on these movies than ever before. That was the deal. They make more money off this Spider-Man film than any other one before it (except TASM). Their actions only show the opposite. And, of course, the TASM producers said they'd be open to do more. Well, now they can talk with Feige himself since he's a producer too. You may hate TASM and are determined to hate the sequel but a lot of us would love at least Easter Eggs. Plus, they marketed this entire movie on a huge showdown between Ben Kingsley's character and Tony Stark. It didn't happen. And they said that Mandarin had used all these previous culture's iconography to make him intimidating. At best, they misled us. At worst, they lied. But I'm okay with that. For some reason, me saying that Marvel may have lied gets under your skin. Movie studios do that. They have to.
    Item 47 panel, SDCC 2012

It doesn't get under my skin. http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/0...darin-spoiler/

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I've been itching for something Hulk-y, and I'm eyeing Agent of SHIELD. (link) How is it?
    In a word, fantastic.

Wasn't Injustice DLC supposed to come out today?

EDIT: Never mind, apparently it didn't.
    Last edited by wyokid; 05-07-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Horror's not my thing, but I hear great things about this book. The premise makes it sound kinda like The Shining, which I do like. Your thoughts?
    I don't think i have seen "The Shining" so I can't comment on that. I am not a fan of horror myself but so far I don't really see this as a full on horror type book. I enjoy the supernatural aspect of the book and the characters are great to read. There becomes a point when the bad guy becomes like a Scooby Doo like thing, and the cast are kind of just like, "crap just another Saturday". Then there is the mystery aspect that keeps me coming back, I am always asking why and how. There is killing that goes on in the book but it's not anything we don't see in the Ultimate comics line.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I'm excited! Target is finally opening in Canada today after being announced over two years ago that they would be replacing Zellers. It's probably going to be your average Walmart competitor, but I was in a Target quickly a few months ago when I was in Hawaii and it seemed like a decent store. Lots of red everywhere though... The employees must have a hard time fighting the urge to have temper tantrums.
    You guys are so behind on the west coast, our Target has been open for at least a month. I haven't been in it yet but I went to one in Detroit back in the day and it was alright(ok it was amazing...)

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    You guys are so behind on the west coast, our Target has been open for at least a month. I haven't been in it yet but I went to one in Detroit back in the day and it was alright(ok it was amazing...)
    Really? Yours has been open for a month already? :S
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Item 47 panel, SDCC 2012.
    I wasn't there, so I can neither confirm nor deny. It wasn't reported online. So, I'll just have to take your word for it. Still, it also depends on the way they said it.

"Not until we have the rights." (Strong assertion)
    "I can't see it happening at all." (Good assertion)
    "I really don't think we can do it now." (Weak assertion)
    "We'll see." (Really weak assertion)

Now, I doubt it's the top or the bottom ones but more in the middle. And those aren't "lies" if they turn back on them, just, y'know, stating a thought. Plus, a lot has happened since then: The Amazing Spider-Man grossed almost as much as the original Spider-Man trilogy, which is FANTASTIC for a reboot. Feige is signed on as producer for TASM2 (a movie that hadn't really begun production yet). And Iron Man 3 proved that, according to some people, Marvel Studios can make a bad film. I think it's the second best one (behind the Avengers) but to each his own. Just saying the sensitivity over TASM isn't all that warranted following IM3. I loved TASM because I'm not a purist. I don't care about the previous stories either since it IS a new continuity and should be treated as such. Not much liberties can be taken with origins. I think TASM2 can blow all other Marvel movies out of the water. And if (or when) it does, I think that'll really seal the deal. Times change. Decisions are edited. If they said it again this year, that's an affirmation until next year. And so on. They didn't LIE, they just didn't anticipate something that may have come up.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Elder Member

This whole time I was saying they didn't lie about the twist in Iron Man 3.

I love this comic so much. I cried last issue lol. I cannot wait for what comes next.

I've had Target my entire life. Eat it, Canadians.

They didn't lie, but they certainly deceived everyone on purpose. The trailers showed the Mandarin (Kingsley's Mandarin) as the main bad guy, which he wasn't. I don't mind the twist - it's a twist, you're not supposed to show your hand - but they were willfully deceptive. Not that it's a problem though.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

You were also stating this Spider-Man would NEVER be tied into the MCU. I argued that. I'm willing to somewhat concede the point. They didn't lie. They misled. Good for them. They have to, to keep it a secret. But the fact they did it without lying is good. As for what was said at SDCC, my argument still stands.

Elder Member

I'm sure you guys heard about the six girls who were missing in Ohio for 10 years and found today alive. The dude who found them makes me lol

Darman, this isn't in reply to you.

I got sent this and started getting super weak.

Last edited by wyokid; 05-07-2013 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    They didn't lie, but they certainly deceived everyone on purpose. The trailers showed the Mandarin (Kingsley's Mandarin) as the main bad guy, which he wasn't. I don't mind the twist - it's a twist, you're not supposed to show your hand - but they were willfully deceptive. Not that it's a problem though.
    I agree. I, personally, loved the twist. It was so unpredictable. It really worked for the movie. This movie was fantastic. The third best comic book movie of ALL TIME, IMO. Just saying, though.

This is, essentially, how I feel about the Mandarin.

For anyone even remotely interested in reading the comics based on Stephen King's The Stand, you should type "The Stand Omnibus" into Amazon. Now is your chance to read them.

wyokid, I KNOW you want to jump on this. Your collection needs some friends.

EDIT: Nevermind, you're all too late. It was only $10 for a few minutes. Now it's back to $100.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I'm sure you guys heard about the six girls who were missing in Ohio for 10 years and found today alive. The dude who found them makes me lol

Lol wow. The ending to that video was hilarious.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Elder Member

Would you read a comic with the subtitle Pirates of the Beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Lol wow. The ending to that video was hilarious.
    I can't find it, haven't really looked hard really, but I heard the 911 call is even more ridiculous.

I love this video! This guy deserves his own comic. My local radio station actually played the 911 recording of the call he made and it's even more hilarious. It's not often that something in the news doesn't destroy my faith in the human race, but stories like this that come along every once in a while are worth it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    In volume 2 you really get into the main plot of the first big story which ends at volume 11 "War and Pieces" and you could stop there if you wanted and have an ending. I would say read volume 2 for sure though because of the different feel and how the world of Fables opens up.
    I'll bare that in mind.

Are you talking TPB volumes or HC volumes?

By the end of volume 1 you'll understand this last point you made as well
    Ah, cool. I look forward to it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though, plus if you want to get a girl into comics Fables is one of the best to do it with.
    Atm, I'm not so sure about that. I generally think it's best if I don't tell girls that I like comicbooks. Hopefully one day though I'll be able to share by passion of comics with a nice girl, because that would be really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Producer's have more creative input in the story. Executive Producers are used as consultants. Fiege has been serving as producer on the MARVEL Studios movies because, that way, he has more creative input and can be more involved in the film-making process. That's why it's a big deal. It's actually an upgrade.
    Oh. I thought an Executive Producer, under the management of the Director, orchestrates the production values, the special effects, choreography, etc. with a team of Producers.

And I didn't think Producers ever have any input in the story. I thought the script and story ideas were solely decided by the Director and the writer(s) and sometimes (though more often nowadays) decided by the film's board of executive directors and the studio who ultimately funds the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    You're really downplaying what that overseer role entails. Obviously, every producer has different levels of input, depending on the project, but the producer is often right by the director for the entire filmmaking process.
    THIS is what I thought an Executive Producer was.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 05-08-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Would you read a comic with the subtitle Pirates of the Beyond?
    What's the main title? =p Pirates of the Beyond isn't a dealbreaker though. I like pirate stories.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake