Page 299 of 824 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    The thing about Wonder Woman: Earth One is that Grant Morrison has a single story for Wonder Woman in mind, while his name is marketable, someone like Greg Rucka would still be suitable in mass commerciliasm and ensure future installments of Earth One Wonder Woman by the same writer, while Morrison himself simply has this single project in mind. Hence both would win and DC would win more, if they had given Morrison's Wonder Woman just his own mini-series/OGN and given Rucka the Earth One OGN.

Super Smash Bros is easy and simplistic, hence the challange comes from people competiting each other, not who memorizes all the huge ass lists of different moves. Simple means more challange, harder to master and redefine your gamer skillz.
    Just hold out hope for DC convincing Morrison to come back and do another volume if his first one is even any good. =p

SSBB > any other fighter. Nuff said. The controls are easy to get the hang of, but competing against your friends in long matches are the ultimate test of skill.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Yeah i really don'tg et it why fightning games can't do SSBB controls. Capcom vs. Marvel had "Easy Mode" for controllers, but that came at the cost of looosing the coolest move sets altogether.

3 Clips of Only God Forgives!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

OR - Greg Rucka and Grant Morrison can both do Wonder Woman origins, DC carefully look through what they've done, and the best story goes to the Earth One line. :P

Simple controls don't always make a better fighting game though. Compare the recent God of War to the recent DMC. GOW:A is overall a better game with it's presentation and pacing. And I've always preferred the simplicity of God of War's controls. But now, games like GOW and the Batman games have become so easy that you can spend hours without ever taking a hit, and that's on their hardest difficulty setting. Whereas DMC's combat controls are super complex, and all the more stylish because of it. DMC has a lot of problems, and I don't like the overall direction that it went in. But damn, did it get it's combat spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    OR - Greg Rucka and Grant Morrison can both do Wonder Woman origins, DC carefully look through what they've done, and the best story goes to the Earth One line. :P
    I'm saying both should have gotten to do Wonder Woman, give Rucka the Earth One line and keep the sexual Wonder Woman for Morrison. Since Morrison's project is more into the whole sex thing, while having her origin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Simple controls don't always make a better fighting game though. Compare the recent God of War to the recent DMC. GOW:A is overall a better game with it's presentation and pacing. And I've always preferred the simplicity of God of War's controls. But now, games like GOW and the Batman games have become so easy that you can spend hours without ever taking a hit, and that's on their hardest difficulty setting. Whereas DMC's combat controls are super complex, and all the more stylish because of it. DMC has a lot of problems, and I don't like the overall direction that it went in. But damn, did it get it's combat spot on.
    I personally preferred DMC over GoW:A, the gameplay for DMC was far smoother than the lousy singleplayer experience of God of War: Asvension. I don't think DMC has super complex move set, everything is close to your fingers as much as they are with God of War. D-pad for weapons, X for Jump and so on. The reasoning for my preferences with DMC is the smoothness of the combat alongside the story, i'm still annoyed how poor the parry/block move was in Ascension.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    SSBB > any other fighter. Nuff said. The controls are easy to get the hang of, but competing against your friends in long matches are the ultimate test of skill.
    So true. Smash Bros since the days of N64 to present took fighting games to a new place where anyone could join in because it was so easy for anybody to pick up and play. I can play a fighting game and once I beat the story i am done with it maybe play a few matches vs friends but after that im done and at $60 too me that's a waste. Thats also the thing I love about Nintendo as well is playing with friends on one screen, Mario: Tennis, golf, party, baseball,soccer, etc we can sit there for hours and play the games.

As for God of War vs DMC I go DMC because I find it more interesting. I just couldnnt get into the first GOW game and I played abit of 3(?) and it did nothing for me and I put it down with in a few minutes.

Who here had an Playstation 3 again?
    My Blog

I have one.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I have one, but I can't say I play it that much. I always tell myself, "Oh yea. I'll have time to play tons of games this summer and next semester." It never works out that way. =p The only game I've played for PS3 is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I got a platinum trophy on that one. I'm slowly working my way through God of War right now. I haven't even touched my other games, which are Uncharted 2 and 3, God of War 2, and Infamous 1 and 2.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I have one, but I can't say I play it that much. I always tell myself, "Oh yea. I'll have time to play tons of games this summer and next semester." It never works out that way. =p The only game I've played for PS3 is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. I got a platinum trophy on that one. I'm slowly working my way through God of War right now. I haven't even touched my other games, which are Uncharted 2 and 3, God of War 2, and Infamous 1 and 2.
    A) I am the same way. I used to LOVE playing video games but since I've gotten to be a grown up with responsibilities and crap I can barely find the time. I've been lucky to get to play Injustice.

B) Your library of games sounds exactly like mine, just add Mortal Kombat and you're there :P
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

I have a PS3, but I hardly play it nowadays. It upsets me that I'm not as crazy about gaming as I used to be. I'm slowly falling out of love with it. Even the recent info on the new MGS games don't excite me like I thought it would. COD: Zombies is excellent and addictive and I love it and so I usually play that, but lately finishing games has become difficult and time-consuming, when it used to be such a breeze. And I'm not even sure if I can be bothered to pick up GTA V when it's released. I think I need a PS4 in my life so that I can be wowed by gaming visuals again. But at least I'm looking forward to Arkham Origins. That should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    A) I am the same way. I used to LOVE playing video games but since I've gotten to be a grown up with responsibilities and crap I can barely find the time. I've been lucky to get to play Injustice.

B) Your library of games sounds exactly like mine, just add Mortal Kombat and you're there :P
    You're like my Canadian gaming-doppelganger. =p

Anyone here ever play Diablo III? I've been told that the upcoming Marvel MMO is very similar to Diablo and I'm thinking of trying out Diablo III so that I don't go into it completely blind. Anyone care to offer any insight? Thanks!
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Buy Torchlight 2 instead. Must-Online ruined Diablo 3. I'm a big Blizzard fan, but man if you really want Diablo 3 wait for Playstation version, trust me!

Spencer makes A.I.M the Secret Avengers antagonists:

Gorgon was part of the HYDRA High Council featured in "Secret Warriors" and in "Secret Avengers" #2 you give A.I.M. its own High Council of interesting and distinctive personalities. Was the A.I.M. Council inspired by HYDRA's ruling body?

Very much so. This issue actually owes a lot to "Secret Warriors" #2, which is the first issue where we saw the HYDRA High Council. I'm such a huge "Secret Warriors" fan that I thought it would be fun to tip my hat to it in a couple of places. It's also structured a bit similarly.

One of the things that I think Jonathan did really well in "Secret Warriors" and one of the things that I responded to was when he took this big, often faceless organization like HYDRA and really firmly entrenched the sort of core leadership group by bringing in the most recognizable characters that had been associated with them in the past.

We do something slightly different here. There is some connective tissue between the A.I.M. High Council members, but we don't quite know what that is yet. There's a reason why it's this particular group. I'm really excited about this group of villains. Again, it's a bit of a long game. It's going to be a while before we spend a lot of time with them. When we do, I think it will be worth it. They are a fun bunch.

So we'll get issues and story lines that spotlight them like we did in "Secret Warriors?"

Definitely. They all have their stories here and they have threads that we will be following for quite awhile. We'll start dealing with Mentallo a bit in issue #3. Then as we get into issues #5-7 and beyond you'll start to see them pop up more and more frequently.

Can you talk about how you put the High Council together? I noticed you have a couple of characters with direct ties to A.I.M. such as Yelena Belova and Jude the Entropic Man.

I think Jude was my most obscure pick. There was a little bit of discussion about that, but I got everybody I wanted which is nice. I think my editors Lauren Sankovitch and Tom Brevoort were really up for the idea. So this is the group I asked for, and like I said they all sort of have a reason for them to be at that table.

Jude is the one that I'm especially excited about. I think he's a character that's long over due for some extended screen time.

It feels like this is a group with some considerable power. I believe Graviton alone is an Avengers-level threat correct?

Yeah, just between Graviton and Jude you've got a couple of very serious heavy hitters. Plus it's been established that Yelena in her Adaptoid form is someone else who's capable of taking on an entire Avengers team on her own.

So none of these characters are slouches. The only one I think people might look shake their head at is Mentallo, but that's entirely purposeful and we're going to have a lot of fun with that.

Can you talk at all about how Forson views the members of his High Council? Does he trust them?

I think it's a mixed bag. One of the things we established pretty early on issue #2 was that for whatever reason he certainly feels a kinship with Yelena and seems to be sticking close with her early on.

Forson is not someone who is intimidated easily. He's someone with a high degree of confidence in himself and his leadership abilities. So he definitely feels like he's worthy of leading these folks.

The end of issue #2 seemed to suggest that High Council member Taskmaster has been put in charge of creating an armed forces division of A.I.M. I imagine your artists are going to have a little fun with that...

Definitely. It's always been Taskmaster's role in the Marvel Universe to train the lackeys of organizations like A.I.M., HYDRA and the Secret Empire. What I wanted to do here was grow that story out some and make it about him building an entire army and being a general. So it seemed like a natural progression for the character.

Back on to the topic of Taskmaster, we saw the word "reverie" appear on the table he was sitting at on the final pages of "Secret Avengers" #2. Was that our indication that Taskmaster is now part of the S.H.I.E.L.D's black ops team of "Secret Avengers?"

Definitely. He's on the board now. He has a very different role than the operatives we've seen so far. Obviously, with the way the programming works when he's on the clock with A.I.M. he truly believes that he's 100 percent on the clock with A.I.M. So it's going to be fun to see how all of that plays out.Based on the solicit text, it sounds like the war between S.H.I.E.L.D. and A.I.M. will escalate quite quickly across the first five issues of "Secret Avengers." Is that correct?

Definitely. Issue #3 hits pretty close to home. Things go pretty bad, pretty fast for everyone involved.

Then in issue #4 we'll see a steady escalation of a threat that A.I.M. has helped create. That really leads us into issues #6-7, which is just wall-to-to-wall craziness as everything explodes. So we're driving forward at a pretty steady pace and the aftermath of it all is going to be pretty messy.

A.I.M. also has a presence in Jonathan Hickman's "Avengers" series, which you're currently helping him co-write. I imagine some of your toys like the High Council will be played with over there as well?

Yes, that's been part of the fun in working with Jonathan. I got to sneak in some of my cast with the A.I.M. references. So it will all fit and work out pretty well together.

It sounds like you're having a lot of fun with "Secret Avengers," especially since it's allowed you to build up new concepts and ideas like the A.I.M. High Council.

Yeah it's been really cool so far. The response to the book has been great. It seems like everybody is having a lot of fun, and like I said where we end up is going to be a pretty exciting place. We are definitely just getting started.

PS.
    Any Eurobro here with PSN willing to help me get Batman Beyond unlock for Ios? it's abit hard since you seem to need to also win the match alongside getting all transitions. :b Injustice: Gods Amongs Us console version required.
    Last edited by Drz; 04-30-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    My Blog

PS.
    Any Eurobro here with PSN willing to help me get Batman Beyond unlock for Ios? it's abit hard since you seem to need to also win the match alongside getting all transitions. :b Injustice: Gods Amongs Us console version required.
    Also note, you probably need to be in the sam region as I tried to do this with Drz and we couldn't connect to each other...

Reread... Ah, that's where the Eurobro part comes in :P

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Anyone here ever play Diablo III? I've been told that the upcoming Marvel MMO is very similar to Diablo and I'm thinking of trying out Diablo III so that I don't go into it completely blind. Anyone care to offer any insight? Thanks!
    Diabolo's a lot of fun. I still haven't gotten very far into it yet, and I suck at it, but I still enjoy it. It's not the most difficult game ever (at least, until you get much farther into the game or play on inferno mode), though there are still some challenges. I think some hardcore Diablo fans weren't as pleased with it, but that didn't stop me and my roommates from enjoying it.

As for the always-online mode, it doesn't really bother me too much. It can be a bit annoying, I guess, but it makes sense from a business standpoint. At least it's generally reliable with D3, unlike EA's SimCity (which is a great game, but EA's servers are so terrible).
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others