Page 280 of 824 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Why not both?! I was Nickelodeon until I outgrew it, then went to CN - while still watching shows like Rocket Power on Nick.

THIS, is not one of those shows. Man, did I love the Power Rangers... but man, is that stuff objectively awful.
    It hasn't gotten much better. My son likes Power Rangers Samurai. It makes me wanna crawl in a hole.
    Last edited by RockyBanks; 04-05-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to use the IMG tags because I'm a moron.

Holy crap... Marvel destroys March's comics sales.

40% dollar share to DC's 27%. #1s and events clearly work. Well done, Marvel Now. I wonder what DC will do to fire back - hopefully something awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    It hasn't gotten much better. My son likes Power Rangers Samurai. It makes me wanna crawl in a hole.
    Join him in one of my favorite games from my childhood - you each get a nerf gun and shoot it at the bad guys on screen*. Guaranteed to make the show more fun.

*Also works very well with foam disc shooters, but I don't know if they still make those.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Meh, cartoons today are fine. 80s kids say the same thing about their Transformers, and kids today will say that about Phineas and Ferb - which, honestly, is probably better than anything we watched as kids. There are very few shows from that time that I could still watch if I was to ignore nostalgia.
    I'm thinking there pretty much the same, I mostly wanted to say "they don't make em like they used too" Phinease and Ferb are great and I still watch them when I am working. Kim Possible was also a good one too both were part of my mornings in my high school years. I think it was around the time of Spongebob when I started not liking a lot of newer cartoons(9 years old or so) so take from that what you will.

BANNED

LMAO! That's hilarious. I see you're not afraid to show your true colours. Just because I didn't like MP #1, you ignore me. Plawsky, your competetive nature holds no bounds and it puts a smile on my face every time you succumb to it. Seriously. It's not me. It's you. I didn't do anything to provoke this behaviour.

Carry on though if you want to. I'm always happy to chat whenever you decide to.

There was nothing more to say - I had already addressed everything in your post in my previous reply about Hickman. I figured the amount of detail I went into there needed no more discussion at the time. Obviously the reason had nothing to do with your dislike of Manhattan Projects, considering I've had several conversations about Hickman with others who weren't keen on his work, even over just the past few pages. If thinking that keeps you laughing though, then by all means - continue.

BANNED

There was nothing more to say - I had already addressed everything in your post in my previous reply about Hickman. I figured the amount of detail I went into there needed no more discussion at the time. Obviously the reason had nothing to do with your dislike of Manhattan Projects, considering I've had several conversations about Hickman with others who weren't keen on his work, even over just the past few pages. If thinking that keeps you laughing though, then by all means - continue.
    Lol. I only asked what your top 3 Hickman books are.

The covers to Justice League #22, Justice League Dark #22 and Justice League Of America #6 for July as a composite cover:
    Batman Incorporated #13 will be it's last issue:

BATMAN, INCORPORATED #13
    Written by GRANT MORRISON
    Art and cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    1:25 Variant cover by GRANT MORRISON
    1:100 B&W Variant cover by CHRIS BURNHAM
    On sale JULY 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
    FINAL ISSUE • Combo pack edition: $3.99 US
    Batman saves the world and loses everything.
    This issue is also offered as a combo pack edition with a redemption code for a digital download of this issue.
    :(.

Wrath, a rather unknown Batman-villain gets introduced to DC52!
    DETECTIVE COMICS #22

Written by JOHN LAYMAN
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK
    Backup story art by ANDY CLARKE
    1:25 B&W Variant cover by JASON FABOK
    On sale JULY 3 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T
    Combo pack edition: $4.99 US
    Meet The Wrath! In Gotham City, he’s the anti-Batman, and the body count is about to shoot through the roof! And in the backup story, Man-Bat makes a startling discovery!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Lol. I only asked what your top 3 Hickman books are.
    I know, which is why I said I had already addressed that.

BANNED

David Hayter won't be voicing Snake in the upcoming MGS5 games. WTH?!
    http://m.computerandvideogames.com/3...ears-as-snake/

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    I'm thinking there pretty much the same, I mostly wanted to say "they don't make em like they used too" Phinease and Ferb are great and I still watch them when I am working. Kim Possible was also a good one too both were part of my mornings in my high school years. I think it was around the time of Spongebob when I started not liking a lot of newer cartoons(9 years old or so) so take from that what you will.
    Nowadays in the UK, children's television has become so pretentiously censored that there simply isn't a cartoon on the TV that has even the slightest bit of violence. Not even a cartoon character hitting another cartoon character over the head with a frying pan is allowed to be shown anymore, simply because it's deemed as violence. It's ridiculous. Children in the UK are now treated like utter morons. Eight year olds are now forced to watch what used to be intended for four year olds.

Whereas we grew up watching movies like Robocop and The Terminator, and yet we turned out alright. I mean, I know Robocop was an adult rated movie. But it was meant for kids. And if it wasn't for us, all those Arnold Schwartzenegga (can't be bothered to look up to spell correctly) films probably wouldn't have made any money. Now that we're not children anymore we realise now how bad those movies were, but they enriched an entire generation's childhood. I disagree with a lot of things in this world, but TV violence is not one of them. Now, America has stopped producing adult rated movies secretly intended for kids, and yet, violent crimes still continue to escalate. Clearly, TV violence is not the problem.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-05-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Top 10 alternate universes according to newsarama. http:// http://www.newsarama.com/comics/10-alternate-realities-pop-culture.html
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Holy crap... Marvel destroys March's comics sales.

40% dollar share to DC's 27%. #1s and events clearly work. Well done, Marvel Now. I wonder what DC will do to fire back - hopefully something awesome.
    Between new #1s and big events, it shouldn't be too surprising that Marvel did so well. DC is currently in between events. The Third Army is ending and Death of the Family is already over. Later on this year, the Trinity War will begin to unfold and that should narrow the gap somewhat. And depending on how Age of Ultron unfolds, I still expect Marvel to maintain the lead for the foreseeable future. Maybe Superman Unchained will help change that, but I think Marvel NOW! has put Marvel firmly ahead in terms of sales.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

I would like this show to be picked up.

Joss Whedon (MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows us not all heroes are super with MARVEL’S AGENTS OF SHIELD.

Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization SHIELD. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered SHIELD agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.

Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD.

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US #7
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by JHEREMY RAAPACK, MIKE S. MILLER and KEVIN MAGUIRE
    Cover by MICO SUAYAN
    On sale JULY 31 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • DIGITAL FIRST
    The tragic death of one of their own has further divided the heroes. Friendships fracture as paths are chosen. The citizens of Earth, too, are divided in their feelings on the heroes’ new, proactive roles, and Billy Batson wants to hear what they have to say. Meanwhile, a signal from Metropolis proves that someone—or something—has survived.
    Anyone playing the smartphone version of the game? ;) :)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

I thought the Season 3 finale of The Walking Dead was enjoyable, but also a bit disappointing. My main gripe being - Where the hell is Morgan??

This episode wasn't a finale. It was an extended trailer for Season 4. It started off excellently. I loved seeing Woodbury tear through so many zombies with bullets and shells, and it very much reminded me of the way I kill zombies in Call of Duty's Nazi Zombies. It was the sort of zombie massacre I had been waiting for. It was a nice expenditure of the shows enormous budget, all blown away in what felt like a good 20 seconds of zombie slaughter.

The characters/actors were all spot-on, particularly Carl and the Governor who gave probably their best performances yet. I sympathise with Carl shooting the young lad that stumbled into them because when asked to drop his weapon, the youngen only lowered it slightly whilst still pointing it at Carl, and probably with his finger still on the trigger too. Still, I suppose someone should've piped up and told the youngen to f***in drop it like he was told to. But I suppose, either way you look at it, Herschel should have been more clear with Rick about what really went down. Carl’s later part in the episode is a figure of ethical debate. He argues with his dad about all the people who were let go or ignored and later came back to wreak havoc and death – there’s definite reason in his thinking and he’s just as convincing and as confident as his old man. The only problem with this scene though, is the blatant continuity error. Andrew wasn't responsible for Lori's death. She died of child birth. Carl should know that and so should the producers and the writers of the show.

Best scene of the episode was the Governor gunning down all those men and women. It was a very powerful scene. The build up to it was superb seeing the Gov completely lose it. He is one evil MF. And oh my god, Martinez' reaction to it couldn't have been more freaking perfect. That guy's actually a really, REALLY good actor and I can't wait to see more of him in Season 4. The same goes for that hench black guy that was with him. Whoever that black guy is, he raises some interest due to his distinct look. When he first showed up in Episode 3 I thought he might have been Tyreese. He worked brilliantly as a red herring back then, especially with the looks he was exchanging with Michonne. This was a fun tease to the fans of the comic, because in the comic Tyreese and Michonne become lovers.

This wasn't the episode we were all hoping for. It wasn't really a showdown. Basically, the Governor wanted to go back to the prison and finish the job but his horde didn’t. So he killed his horde. And thus, Rick's group won. Simple as that.

Andrea's death came as a bit of a surprise. It was pretty good. Well.. as good as I would have expected. Michonne gave it the emotion it really needed. I know Andrea hasn't been a very popular character with the American critics, but I for one wanted to see her survive the series so that I could see her do more rifle shooting in Season 4. Her deadly aim has provided some great scenes in the comic, and I just think it's a shame we didn't get to see much of that in the series.

Being the optimist, I think it's pretty great that we'll be getting more focus within the prison for Season 4. If the comic is anything to go by, we should be getting a lot of plot development from inside the prison next season, stories that we haven't seen utilised yet. I'm also really happy that we'll be able to get more from the Governor.

Being the pessimist, I'm not sure if I like Rick rescuing everyone from Woodbury when only a couple episodes prior he refused refuge to a desperate hitchhiker on the road and left him to die. But now it seems he's willing to extend his bloodied hand to anyone who passes by. Then again, maybe it was his way of teaching Carl a lesson.

Not the best of episodes, but I'm excited for Season 4. Roll on October.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 04-07-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I would like this show to be picked up.
    Don't worry - I don't think there's any chance of it NOT getting picked up. Joss Whedon just made Disney more than a billion dollars... if they say no, then there's no hope for any of us.

Trinity War begins in July! Biggest News: Not some 10-issue mini-series with gazillion tie-ins, just a cross-over storyline like Throne of Atlantis.

Two's company, but three Justice Leagues are an explosive crowd.

This summer, DC Comics' signature supergroups enter into a combustible situation when a hero's death causes sparks to fly — and not in a good way — among the three teams in the crossover event "Trinity War," which runs six issues over three different Justice League comic books in July and August.

The action starts in issue 22 of Justice League, the title by writer Geoff Johns and artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado and featuring A-list heroes such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and The Flash.

For "Trinity War," Johns and Jeff Lemire are co-writing Justice League of America (with art by Doug Mahnke), starring Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Catwoman and others as part of a government-sponsored outfit to hunt down the Secret Society of Supervillains but also take out the Justice League if the need arises.

Lemire also pens the third comic in the crossover, Justice League Dark (with artist Mikel Janin), which features a motley crew of DC Comics' more interesting supernatural types, including the ghostly Deadman, magician Zatanna and their con-man leader, John Constantine. (Movie fans may recognize him as the guy played by Keanu Reeves in the 2005 film Constantine.)

"We really want to find and carve out the Justice League corner of the DC Universe," Johns says. "It is a universe all itself with these three teams, and it feels big enough to be worthy of a Justice League story."

The crossover is also the first time many of these superheroes will have met since DC Comics' relaunch of its entire superhero line in the fall of 2011.

"It's going to be really interesting when these characters do come together, because some of them haven't met, some of them have, and what happens and unfolds in this is going to force them to choose sides," Johns adds.

"Trinity War" is a big deal for the heroes within but also for DC as a publisher, since the Justice League books are among the most popular in the industry. ccording to Diamond Comics Distributors, the first issue of Justice League of America was the best-selling comic book in February, and both it and Justice League have been mainstays in the top 10 comics of the past two months.

"The cool thing about Justice League is if you're a DC fan but you're on a budget and you know you can't buy Green Lantern's book and Wonder Woman's book and Batman's book, it is the one place you can get the best of what DC has to offer," says Jermaine Exum, adding that readers of all types — from kids to hard-core geeks — pick up the title at his Acme Comics store in Greensboro, N.C.

Johns promises some heavyweight battles in "Trinity War" but also a lot of character-driven personal drama that both he and Lemire have been seeding in their titles. For example, Superman and Wonder Woman began a romantic relationship that isn't pleasing everybody — including Steve Trevor, the field leader of the JLA who also is Wonder Woman's ex.

There's also some ongoing tension between Zatanna and Constantine, Lemire says, as well as someone trying to undermine the Justice League from within, as Cyborg discovered in a recent issue.

Johns calls "Trinity War" at its core an "action mystery," and part of that is the involvement of the Trinity of Sin, three characters — Pandora, Phantom Stranger and the Question — who were slapped with eternal punishment centuries ago by a secret circle of wizards but play important roles for each of the three Justice League squads.

While the Question is still a question mark in the DC Universe and a "bit of a wild card," Lemire says, comic fans have begun to learn about the Phantom Stranger in his own title, and Pandora gets her own series a month before "Trinity War" starts.

Pandora witnessed the rebirth of the DC Universe in Johns' Flashpoint series, and she and the mysterious box she opened eons ago are central to the story of "Trinity War."

"She's an enigma, completely," Johns says. "In a lot of ways, she's been a pawn for most of her existence. She was tricked into using the box and she's being tricked into doing something now, in a way. The Justice League, that becomes another part of it."

While Superman, Batman and Green Arrow get plenty of screen time, "Trinity War" puts a lot of new and breakout characters on a big stage, including Shazam ("He's got no allegiance to anybody," Johns says, "and you'll see him come into conflict with Superman in a very big way"), new Justice Leaguers the Atom and Element Woman (who are both updated female versions of classic DC characters) and Dark team member Frankenstein, a sword-wielding, secret-agent take on the old horror monster.

"Frankenstein is my favorite," Lemire says. "Getting to see him interact with the larger DC Universe during this event is going to be a lot of fun."

The central mystery, conflicts between the teams and assorted plot points of "Trinity War" are all part of one big impending danger that is approaching the DC Universe, says Johns.

"It's not going to end wrapped up in a bow," he says. "Something really, really major happens that kicks off some pretty crazy stuff at the end of August."

My Blog