Page 275 of 824 FirstFirst ... 175225265271272273274275276277278279285325375775 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 12359

Yeeees! James Tucker becomes the head of WB Animation Supervising Producer! the Man behind Batman the Brave & the Bold with his love for DC universe is bringing his A-game, booyah!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Apparently There is something called Avengers A.I. with a 616 Moncia Chang. How on earth does Humprhies keep getting work at Marvel. I don't understand it.
    Neither do I, his Ultimates run was forgettable and he's definitely not even coming close to Remender with Uncanny X-Force. Though here's the poster for the newest series:

Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Why is it that nowadays in the 616 universe the good guys are always hiring supervillains who have murdered thousands of people in the past? I will never understand why US criminals such as Dr Doom and Magneto haven't been given the death sentence yet. Doesn't the death sentence exist in 616 America? Instead, these mass murderers are given the chance to redeem themselves by helping the superheroes! Stuff like this is why the mainstream MU is completely lost on me.

MGS5: TPP
    Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain has officially been revealed.

Kojima Productions studio head Hideo Kojima announced during an ongoing GDC session that Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes and The Phantom pain put together are Metal Gear Solid 5.

He showed off a lengthy trailer for the game featuring an attack on a private base, which may have been the Militaires Sans Frontiers base established in Peace Walker. Snake is later seen lying in a hospital bed alongside Kaz Miller, and Kojima revealed that the MGS3 hero has been in a coma for nine years.

Kojima then demoed the opening tutorial running on PC. It begins with Snake waking from his coma in a hospital. The game's director said MGS5 as an open world game, but that it begins as more of an on rails experience with the tutorial section, which has been designed to familiarise players with the controls as Snake re-familiarises himself with basic human functions like movement.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 03-29-2013 at 06:12 PM.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Why is it that nowadays in the 616 universe the good guys are always hiring supervillains who have murdered thousands of people in the past? I will never understand why US criminals such as Dr Doom and Magneto haven't been given the death sentence yet. Doesn't the death sentence exist in 616 America? Instead, these mass murderers are given the chance to redeem themselves by helping the superheroes! Stuff like this is why the mainstream MU is completely lost on me.

MGS5: TPP
    That's actually not Doom himself but a Doombot that apparently the Avengers have had locked up. Still seems kinda odd that they'd put a Doombot in there though, especially when Jocosta is oddly missing from this team.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

Taking the family to a big flea market tomorrow. There's a comic shop there that usually has huge 50-cent bins. I make the pilgrimage 2 or 3 times a year, and I've found some real gems in there. Hoping to find something good.

Any stories about great finds in a bargain bin or flea market?

James Robinson talks Earth-2

The panel moved on to James Robinson and "Earth 2," and the writer described Yidiray Cinar's upcoming issue of the series. "It's the return of Captain Steel," said Robinson. "One of the things I've been saying in interviews is apart from setting up the world of Earth 2, I'm starting to put together all the pieces for a big event at the end of next year. There's a killer surprise -- no pun intended -- coming up in issue #17. There's an issue coming up where you'll see the first [tease] of Doctor Mid-Night." Robinson plans to expand the diversity of "Earth 2" as well, with Captain Steel as a Filipino superhero. Mister Miracle and Barda will also be a part of the series in the future.

Robinson chimed in one last time about "Earth 2," saying a new Batman would be introduced in the upcoming annual issue. "Another big piece is this new Batman who will be a big part of 'Earth 2' and a big part of the DC Universe," said Robinson. "He'll be around forever."

Robinson opened up the panel to questions immediately, and was immediately hit with a question about whether he planned a return to "Starman.""A great magician doesn't repeat his tricks," said Robinson of the fan-favorite series. "When you do something because you think you should, but not because you want to, it doesn't turn out well. There is a Starman on 'Earth 2,' though. The new Starman, the new Ted Knight will be an English astronomer with a large nose. But Jack Knight, I think I closed the door on him."

In terms of "Earth 2" versions of characters, the writer said he hopes he's been able to distinguish them personality-wise from their DCU proper counterparts. "I'm especially proud of how I've handled Jay Garrick, and in issue #11, you'll see how integral he is," said Robinson. "So when he meets Barry Allen, you can see the differences in their personalities even if they're in shirts, or jeans and t-shirts. That's what I'm trying to pull off."

During the course of the panel, Robinson also teased that readers will see the original Trinity as well as the appearance of Earth 2's Green Arrow, known as Red Arrow, in issue #14. It's a small appearance in the files of Wonders, and the character's name is Roy McQueen. In addition to Red Arrow, Robinson plans to introduce both Hourman and Wildcat in the near future."Hourman was going to be quite soon, but he's a bit further off. Wildcat, you'll see Ted Grant in approximately issue 14 or 15 and you'll see Wildcat issue #19."

Further, Robinson stated plans to bring Mister Miracle and Barda into the series, but he couldn't say much more about the possibility of more Fourth World characters in the future.

"I'm very lucky they're allowing me to write Mister Miracle and Barda," he said. "The only thing I will say is that there are mainly New Genesis characters on the main prime. On Earth 2, it's mostly Apokolips villains and Mister Miracle and Barda. Some of the characters you're going to be seeing are Bedlam and Kanto."

One fan asked a question about villains, and Robinson teased two new villains called Solitaire and Rhapsody. Solitaire is a reinterpreted Gambler and Rhapsody is a reinterpretation of The Fiddler. "There is the opportunity for me to create a lot of new villains, as well," said Robinson. Ultra Humanite is also on the table for a possible "Earth 2" villain.
    I'm very excited to see Red Arrow under James Robinson's belt, but that's ebcause of my fangasms over Weisman's excellent Red Arrow/Arsenal characters. I wonder is Earth-2 anyway tied with Trinity Wars or will that universe crossover be a 2nd DC52 event or just a plain cross-over story promoted as an event like Throne of Atlantis.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Today's big find: Earth X.

12 of the 14 issues were in the quarter bin. $3 total. If I can find issues 11 and 12, I'll have the full set.

Plawsky: I also found an issue of Marvels in the quarter bin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Today's big find: Earth X.

12 of the 14 issues were in the quarter bin. $3 total. If I can find issues 11 and 12, I'll have the full set.
    Nice. That's a frikkin steal.

The other day, I listened to an episode of the Comic Geek Speak Podcast where the panelists interviewed a comic shop owner. They probed for his thoughts and opinions on running a comic shop and the state of the industry and whatnot, and he said something that struck me:

"Marvel, DC, would you cut out the hardcover crap? No one wants it, no one buys it."

My jaw dropped, and I thought "Damn, that is so true." Hardcover collections, in general, are grossly overpriced, and I'm glad to see that the Big 2 are moving away from them. For my money I'll take a TPB any day.
    I like hardcovers, most of what I buy it's the hardcover collections, so for one, I'm sad to see that Brian Wood's run will only be collected on TPB.

BANNED

I adore Oversized Hardcovers. And I also like the smaller one's sometimes too. But I'm more a trade paperback man in that I mostly buy trade paperbacks. I find that TPBs are just easier in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That's actually not Doom himself but a Doombot that apparently the Avengers have had locked up. Still seems kinda odd that they'd put a Doombot in there though, especially when Jocosta is oddly missing from this team.
    Cheers. :)

BANNED

The other day, TWD episode 15, season 3 was sensational. I agree with Balfro that this episode was maybe the best one ever.
    spoilers:
    Both Daryl and Merle's characters reached new heights in both writing and acting. I felt genuinely sorry for Daryl at the end. Poor guy. Merle was like literally ten times more brilliant than usual, which means he was absolutely incredible, and his Zombie mode looked awesome as hell. But it was Daryl that really did it for me. Heartbreaking stuff. He just wanted his brother back I'm really surprised how incredibly well written Daryl and Merle's relationship was in this episode. Every scene was just so damn perfect. And the Governer continues to look more awesome and more badass with each passing scene, even if he only had one this time. The preview of the finale which you lot will be seeing tomorrow night (I'm so jealous) looked amazing. It's going to be SO ****ing intense!! But whatever you do please use spoiler tags when discussing it. Thanks.
    end of spoilers

What do you guys reckon Duff Beer is from The Simpsons; a Lager or an Ale?

@sage6paths - I haven't played Bioshock: Infinite in two days because I've been so busy at work. I'm having SERIOUS withdraw symptoms. Have you got Elizabeth yet? What's your favourite Vigor/Plasmid? Mine's the crows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Sure, killing British people is fun
    WTF?!

Wyokid, are you trying to wind me up again?
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 03-30-2013 at 07:50 PM.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post

@sage6paths - I haven't played Bioshock: Infinite in two days because I've been so busy at work. I'm having SERIOUS withdraw symptoms. Have you got Elizabeth yet? What's your favourite Vigor/Plasmid? Mine's the crows.
    I have gotten to Elizabeth and beyond. I'm Almost done actually. My favorite is the Winter Blast.

Guillermo del Toro Promises a Blond John Constantine for Dark Universe Also Called Justice League Dark
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/wonde....php?id=102173

So much yes! I love the Justice League Dark Series. It was one of my favorite New 52 books. I just wished Madame Xanadu was in it but I am just glad there even is a justice league dark.

The other day, I listened to an episode of the Comic Geek Speak Podcast where the panelists interviewed a comic shop owner. They probed for his thoughts and opinions on running a comic shop and the state of the industry and whatnot, and he said something that struck me:

"Marvel, DC, would you cut out the hardcover crap? No one wants it, no one buys it."

My jaw dropped, and I thought "Damn, that is so true." Hardcover collections, in general, are grossly overpriced, and I'm glad to see that the Big 2 are moving away from them. For my money I'll take a TPB any day.
    That was a good episode, Chris Eberle(I bet I spelt that wrong) of Wild Pig Comics. I would love a nice hard collect of a few complete series and Fables becuase they just look good on a shelf but the main reason i get soft covers is becuase of how easy they are to read and pass on to others. I don't buy Marvel or DC trades/hardovers but I would like to see them release TPB first, to me it just feels right.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I love the Justice League Dark Series. It was one of my favorite New 52 books. I just wished Madame Xanadu was in it but I am just glad there even is a justice league dark.
    Love this book as well, Xanadu has been in it more then I thought she would be under the new writers but I am thank full for Demon Knights.

In other news if anyone is interested in reading manga Naruto, Bleach and One Piece should check out the 3-in-1 books. They have 3 volumes for the price of 1 around $12 on Amazon, the only down side is no colored cover art like in the single volume collections and the paper quality is not the best but its a small price to pay for a deal like that.

East of West was awesome, which is not a surprise if your a Hickman fan.
    Last edited by Samorai_black; 03-30-2013 at 08:35 PM.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Love this book as well, Xanadu has been in it more then I thought she would be under the new writers but I am thank full for Demon Knights.
    Me too. Mikel Janin is one of my favorite Artists of all time. In my opionion he ranks even higher then Esad Ribic. His costume desgins for Batman, wonder women, and Superman were the best interpretation among all the new 52 artists. Even better then Ivan Reis.