Page 212 of 824 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312712 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 12359
  1. #3166
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Yea Iron Man 2 was pretty bad. The trailer has looked wonderful, but I've said that before and the movie turned out to be terrible.
    My biggest problem with Iron Man 2 is the lack of alcohol subplot, they couldn't dare to make a movie about a man with an alcohol problem so they changed that into some incredibly dumb, completely pointless virus that didn't develope the character or anything whatsoever, it was just there because they didn't dare to make Tony Stark into an alcoholic, but he had to be the goody two-shoes character.

    Otherwise, yeah it has some good performances, but it's just the Iron Man movie all over again and the same looks with the 3rd movie, but with decisions like killing off Jon Favreu's character because he has nothing to do with Disney anymore. :S
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  2. #3167
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,940

    Default

    It's not like Happy Hogan died in the comics or anything. It especially didn't happen in Iron Man #14 and it certainly wasn't written by Daniel Knauf and Charles Knauf. It's a good thing it wasn't a Civil War tie-in drawn Patrick Zircher either.

    It's also a shame that Jon isn't working on another Disney film. If he was it would most definitely not be Magic Kingdom.

  3. #3168
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Oh please, you're gonna try and defend Marvel Cinematic universe with crap like that? Remind me again when Pepper became an important aspect to Iron Man? When did Mandarin become Osama Bin Laden? Don't lower me with your horrible arguments where you try to defend something by citating comics, while approving anything new/changes the movies do and praise them for it. It's the same argument you do with Brian Michael Bendis when defending, but also the argument you use on any writer you wanna angst about. It's such an hypocritical argument that is so very pointless to have. Why argue how it is in the comics, when you worship Bendis for whatever inaccuries he does? Same applies for Jeph Loeb.

    Sinx and Rockybanks, this article contains Batman #17 spoilers and i want you to explain me why would Batman ever fucking do this. Also Rockybanks! I need to know why you consider Batman such an egomaniac he would care about how he sees himself in the Gotham food chain.

    Also we need more attention to dat Aquaman reveal trailer for Injustice:
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  4. #3169
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,940

    Default

    No, I'm going to defend Jon Favreau because he's an incredible film maker and writing off Happy's rumor death as Disney not needing him is just false seeing how he is working on Magic Kingdom. I don't know how you got all of that from that one thing. I don't praise the MCU for making things different. A big part of why I don't like Thor is due to how much they changed from the comics. JMS had a near flawless story that got adapted into that piece of crap film.

    Batman #17, like the 17 issues before it, was just terrible.

  5. #3170
    of Earth-1610 RockyBanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Sinx and Rockybanks, this article contains Batman #17 spoilers and i want you to explain me why would Batman ever fucking do this. Also Rockybanks! I need to know why you consider Batman such an egomaniac he would care about how he sees himself in the Gotham food chain.
    He did what he did in Batman #17 because he is an egomaniac, obsessed with his position in any and every food chain.

  6. #3171
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    He did what he did in Batman #17 because he is an egomaniac, obsessed with his position in any and every food chain.
    Why do you prefer such a monster of a Batman?:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  7. #3172
    of Earth-1610 RockyBanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Why do you prefer such a monster of a Batman?:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
    He's human. Humans have to satisfy their egos. He'd hardly be the first superhero to let his success go to his head.

    One great example that comes to mind is Legends of the Dark Knight #2 (link), which I read the other day and had planned on using as an example of his portrayal as Bat-God.

    In this stand-alone issue, Batman is alone on the JLA Watchtower when Amazo attacks the space station. Batman decides not to alert the rest of the League, for no other reason than to prove to himself that he is capable of defeating any member of the League.





    It's a fun issue, and only $0.99 at Comixology, if you're interested.

  8. #3173
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,940

    Default

    Hey Balfro! Check out this officially licensed toy that's coming soon.


  9. #3174
    Senior Member Samorai_black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    While this game looks amazing graphic wise I have no interest in it what so ever. Its just another fighthing game only with DC chanracters this time. If a friend gets it which would be unlikely I would pay a game or two but becuase I know what to expect I would be bored quickly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I'm really not big into fighting games. I think Super Smash Bros. is the only exception.
    Im with you on this one. Smash Bros spoiled me with any other fighting game before and after. Amazing characters that I grew up with, huge stages, fast and simple controls to which a child and up could figure out with ease.

    I thought Avengers Assemble was its owe thing outside 616


    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Sinx and Rockybanks, this article contains Batman #17 spoilers and i want you to explain me why would Batman ever fucking do this. Also Rockybanks! I need to know why you consider Batman such an egomaniac he would care about how he sees himself in the Gotham food chain.
    I didnt see it as a problem, I would be willing to say there are many fans who had already thought thatspoilers:
    Joker Knew
    end of spoilers for a long time as it is. Unless I read the page wrong it says spoilers:
    "And he brought with him the Joker card that he suspected the Joker may have left in the Bat Cave."
    end of spoilers which to me means he knew about it already and just did not care. To be honest though this story didnt do anything for me, maybe becuase I am tired of the character but it has to be my second favourite Joker story. With that though I am going to drop Batman.

  10. #3175
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    I thought Avengers Assemble was its owe thing outside 616
    Nope. It's been firmly rooted in the main universe since day one. Kelly Sue's run on it is amazing so far though.
    Last edited by wyokid; 02-13-2013 at 02:14 PM.

  11. #3176
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    He's human. Humans have to satisfy their egos.
    So by your argument, because humans use guns, Batman should also use guns? Batman is a noble character and an aristocrat, something like feeding his ego is beneath him.

    In this stand-alone issue, Batman is alone on the JLA Watchtower when Amazo attacks the space station. Batman decides not to alert the rest of the League, for no other reason than to prove to himself that he is capable of defeating any member of the League.
    Do you know who Amazo is? Summoning the Justice League would have increased Amazo's powers. There is a difference between trying to take down Amazo solely compared to say Mongul.

    Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    I didnt see it as a problem, I would be willing to say there are many fans who had already thought thatspoilers:
    Joker Knew
    end of spoilers for a long time as it is. Unless I read the page wrong it says spoilers:
    "And he brought with him the Joker card that he suspected the Joker may have left in the Bat Cave."
    end of spoilers which to me means he knew about it already and just did not care. To be honest though this story didnt do anything for me, maybe becuase I am tired of the character but it has to be my second favourite Joker story. With that though I am going to drop Batman.
    Thats not the problem, the problem here is Batman making such a huge gamble just after he had adopted Dick Grayson.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  12. #3177
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,940

  13. #3178
    Senior Member Samorai_black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Nope. It's been firmly rooted in the main universe since day one. Kelly Sue's run on it is amazing so far though.
    Oh I just thought it was something they put together becuase of the movie. I have only read the first few issues of Captain Marvel by her and I enjoyed it and the art was amazing, Dexter Soy is in my top 5 favourites easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Thats not the problem, the problem here is Batman making such a huge gamble just after he had adopted Dick Grayson.
    Well if he wanted to do something he could have at any time he wanted becuase he knew. So to me it didnt make a difference and it was more of a conformation.

  14. #3179
    Elder Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    23,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Oh I just thought it was something they put together becuase of the movie. I have only read the first few issues of Captain Marvel by her and I enjoyed it and the art was amazing, Dexter Soy is in my top 5 favourites easy.
    It was, but it's also 100% canon. You should check it out. New issue came out today and it's a perfect jumping on point. Dexter Soy is amazing. He's doing the Age of Ultron tie-in for Superior Spider-Man. This is his deviantART account http://nefar007.deviantart.com/

  15. #3180
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    So to me it didnt make a difference and it was more of a conformation.
    There is a difference between Joker figuring something out and Batman outright telling his enemy the secret identity he has. He took a gamble after adopting a young child and now it came to bite his ass. How do you think Jason Todd would feel if Batman's little secret gets out? Which it will inevitably, since Snyder wants to tear the family apart by writing Batman as this monster.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •