Page 210 of 824 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Orson Scott Card hates gays? I never knew that...
    Yeah, he's kind of a bigot from a lot of the stuff I've read about him. But honestly, while I don't agree with him at all, that's not going to stop me from reading Ender's Game or any of his other work I might come across. The little of his work I've read doesn't project these beliefs, which is where the problem would come for me. I bet that most writers I like have opinions I don't agree with. The only difference is that Card is a little more public about his beliefs. If I boycotted everyone I didn't agree with, I'd be pretty lonely.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Wow. I take a few days off from CBR to handle sick kiddos, and all hell breaks loose. Wyokid comes back, Balfro tricks some poor girl into marrying him, and the Pope announces his resignation.

- Welcome back, Wyo.

- Congrats, Balfro.

- Yes, Drz, I will eventually get back to you. I've got it all laid out in my head, I just haven't taken the time to write it down.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I'd love to see a Fantastic Four story that's grander or larger. Not better, but one that's actually grander. Hell, I'd say there are few, if any, grander and larger stories to come out of Marvel or DC that aren't written by Grant Morrison. I'm not really sure how much grander you can get when one character as Anhilus on a leash and another has Galactus in the palm of his hand. I get that you don't dig Hickman's style, but there's no denying that it's a huge story.
    Oh it was big, but they way people were talking about it paying off everything I was expecting bigger. It failed to match the hype. Especially on the stuff I wanted to see.

Also why did Spider-Man just sort of disappear? I know Johnny came back but he just sorted of phased out.

Arkham City follow-up slated for late 2013
    Last edited by wyokid; 02-12-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Balfro tricks some poor girl into marrying him

- Congrats, Balfro.
    Lol, thanks man
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    - Yes, Drz, I will eventually get back to you. I've got it all laid out in my head, I just haven't taken the time to write it down.
    But by then you'll have the shitstorm that is Batman #17 if CBR forums are anything to take. :b

Ya Roy Harper! I hope they can get even a fragment of awesomeness that Roy Harper is in Young Justice.

@Wyokid: Uhm, not ignoring my Batman posts now are you???
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Transformers Prime Season 3 preview!!!!

I have this buddy, I swear he's like Kramer, anyway, I have this buddy, it'll be like 9 in the morning on Wednesday and I'll hear frantic knocking on my door. I unlock the door and he'll swing it open really fast (sometimes it hits my face) and he'll have in hand all of his comics. I don't know where he gets them this early. He bursts in and is like "JOSH! YOU GOTTA READ THIS BUDDY!". Anyway, he did that this morning with Batman and I'm like "dude, I don't even read Batman" and he's like "oh" and leaves. I swear to god though I'm bolting my door and wearing earplugs on the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    @Wyokid: Uhm, not ignoring my Batman posts now are you???
    No, I just woke up though and need to get ready for work. I'll answer them after work in about eight or nine hours.
    Last edited by wyokid; 02-12-2013 at 01:11 PM.

So, I'm about to watch one of the Twilight movies (girlfriend is playing the "I read your comics, you watch my movies" card)

You should just ask her to watch the last one. It has entertainment value.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by LJ-90 View Post
    So, I'm about to watch one of the Twilight movies (girlfriend is playing the "I read your comics, you watch my movies" card)
    Just say the following:

"Exactly. I let you read my comics, so you owe ME! We're watching Ghostbusters instead."
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by LJ-90 View Post
    I feel ya. My girlfriend and I came to a mutual agreement. I don't force her to watch Lord of the Rings, she won't make me watch Twilight. Now, any other tactic to get me to watch movies outside that category, well, I'm subject to that. But then I'll be able to finally show The Avengers! The Amazing Spider-Man made her love superhero films. Good thing I used that one first. Now, she'll be able to take the more mediocre ones because she loves them now.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    I feel ya. My girlfriend and I came to a mutual agreement. I don't force her to watch Lord of the Rings, she won't make me watch Twilight. Now, any other tactic to get me to watch movies outside that category, well, I'm subject to that. But then I'll be able to finally show The Avengers! The Amazing Spider-Man made her love superhero films. Good thing I used that one first. Now, she'll be able to take the more mediocre ones because she loves them now.
    If your girlfriend doesn't voluntarily watch Lord of the Rings with enthusiasm, that's a dealbreaker.

Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    If your girlfriend doesn't voluntarily watch Lord of the Rings with enthusiasm, that's a dealbreaker.

Ah, I'm not the biggest fan of Lord of the Rings. So, it's completely alright with me. But I can still make her watch my favorite movies. Muhahahaha!!!
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

I'm sorry, Wyo! I must!! I've got to score points with the big guy/lady/deities don't have gender somehow!

I actually do think this will help me get more done for the duration of Lent, though. Hopefully it'll return some of my lost self-discipline, and maybe even help me get back to my faith a little bit. I sort of find that my animosity towards the Catholic Church and its teachings/doctrine detracts from my appreciation of the actual faith Catholicism, so ideally taking some extra time to not do something I enjoy and think about other stuff will help.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Elder Member

So you do also have something againts the way Harvey Dent becomes Two-Face in Batman the Animated Series? Can i also learn why you feel the use of acid is the most important aspect here? Wouldn't the concept of Harvey having two sides be the most important aspect, with the crime of Gotham being the one that breaks Harvey's spirit in half.
    Because acid is unpredictable and to have it perfectly split down the middle like that is unreal. That's all I ask for, things that can't happen in real life. Did it take away from the movie that he was burned? No, it didn't. And yes, the fact that he's split would be the most important part.

Also remember guys to vote on the Injustice Battle Arena! You can win cool rewards like "Arrow" alternate costume for Green Arrow! =)
    I've been voting every match! :D

You should just ask her to watch the last one. It has entertainment value.
    Until, you know spoilers:
    it's revealed to be all fake
    end of spoilers. I do see that one going down later as a "so bad it's good flick".

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I'm sorry, Wyo! I must!! I've got to score points with the big guy/lady/deities don't have gender somehow!

I actually do think this will help me get more done for the duration of Lent, though. Hopefully it'll return some of my lost self-discipline, and maybe even help me get back to my faith a little bit. I sort of find that my animosity towards the Catholic Church and its teachings/doctrine detracts from my appreciation of the actual faith Catholicism, so ideally taking some extra time to not do something I enjoy and think about other stuff will help.
    You didn't answer my last part! What's your tumblr?

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Well, she did watch Star Wars (all of them) and a lot of DC's animated movies, besides Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of comics (All Star Superman, Ultimate Spider-Man, The Ultimates, etc) so...there wasn't an easy escape. Funny thing is, we were watching the movie and the movie stopped working out of nowhere. So, saved by now I guess.