Page 207 of 824 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 12359
    BANNED

Who are the other two characters supposed to be? I'm guessing the Russell Crow one is suppsed to be Jor-Ell.

I really like the costume. I give it a thumbs up.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Thanks everyone :)

She said yes
    Congratulations. Best of luck.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Calling a trollish comment out and being blunt is just honesty. Wasn't there just a study that people who swear more often are more honest and reliable out there? So yeah, we're cool!
    I was being truthful to how I felt about the films. How is that trolling?

@Balfro, congrats man! Word of advice from a fella in your same position, don't let her decide to plan an entire wedding in only 3 months. It's a pain in the ass.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    @Balfro, congrats man! Word of advice from a fella in your same position, don't let her decide to plan an entire wedding in only 3 months. It's a pain in the ass.
    Thanks dude! And don't worry, the wedding won't be at least until the end of 2013 So there's some breathing room.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Who are the other two characters supposed to be? I'm guessing the Russell Crow one is suppsed to be Jor-Ell.
    Correct. The other guy is General Zod

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I was being truthful to how I felt about the films. How is that trolling?
    Because if you truly feel the film series that gave inspiration to Hollywood such as Jon Favreu's Iron Man and superhero movies in general, for you to hate the Nolan franchise, claim illogical things about it and just praise the Avengers franchise with such high ignorance makes you a total troll and/or a liar. Pick your poison. ;(
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

Correct. The other guy is General Zod
    Thanks. Zod seems like a very promising villain. The Man of Steel is definitely my most eagerly anticipated film for 2013. I can't wait to seem him clash with Supes.

Because if you truly feel the film series that gave inspiration to Hollywood such as Jon Favreu's Iron Man and superhero movies in general, for you to hate the Nolan franchise, claim illogical things about it and just praise the Avengers franchise with such high ignorance makes you a total troll and/or a liar. Pick your poison. ;(
    You can like something without caring for what inspired it. While I'm sure Batman Begins was inspiration for Favreau on Iron Man, the two movies are nothing alike.

For what it's worth, I was not a huge fan of Dark Knight Rises either. It was still a solid movie, but it was by far my least favorite of the trilogy. I love Dark Knight and have enjoyed Begins more as the years pass, but I had several issues with Rises. I thought Avengers was a much more enjoyable film, though there's little reason to compare them, because they're so very different. Rises definitely had more substance than Avengers, but Avengers really wasn't trying to have any. At the end of the day, I like the Marvel movies and Nolan's Batman a lot; neither one is better than the other as an absolute. Even comparing the franchises is a bit pointless, as one is a three film arc, while the other is a big, interwoven film universe. It's like comparing James Bond to Harry Potter.

And just for fun, if I had to rank all 9 of the films, it'd look something like this:

Avengers
    Dark Knight
    Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man
    Batman Begins
    Dark Knight Rises
    Captain America
    Thor
    Iron Man 2
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    You can like something without caring for what inspired it. While I'm sure Batman Begins was inspiration for Favreau on Iron Man, the two movies are nothing alike.
    When it's so evident how much credit modern comic book movies have to Christopher Nolan's ideas, it's as shameful as a comic book movie being ashamed of being a comic book movie, not that any od those exists, contrary to what Wyokid believes.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Elder Member

Today I ended up pre-ordering Injustice: God Among Us for Wii U.

I watched The Avengers again the other week and was watching it to purely analyze it as a movie and there is actually a lot wrong with it script wise. I also REALLY REALLY don't like Thor and Iron Man 2 is a mess. I'm not ignoring what it brought to the table. I don't have to like Nolan's Batman to recognize how much of an impact it had on movies.

When it's so evident how much credit modern comic book movies have to Christopher Nolan's ideas, it's as shameful as a comic book movie being ashamed of being a comic book movie, not that any od those exists, contrary to what Wyokid believes.
    Dude, if you liked the movies that's cool. They were two really well made movies and a kind of well made third.

Doesn't change the fact your claims the books are ashamed of being comic books is as just horse crap. Unless you can of course provide some hard evidence and argument, that might help your cause.

Geoff Johns finishes his Green Lantern run in May

So here’s the sad news: Doug Mahnke and I are closing the GREEN LANTERN SAGA that began with GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH #1 with this May’s 64-page GREEN LANTERN #20. As every storyline is coming to a head, it feels like the right time. The book is still doing great. The characters are as vibrant as ever. Let’s go out how we started – on a high note.

Counting up between the GREEN LANTERN monthly series, REBIRTH, BLACKEST NIGHT and the various one-shots and specials…that makes over 100 issues of GREEN LANTERN I’ve had the absolute privilege, pleasure and fortune to write.

I’m obviously ending my run with a little sadness because I love these characters, every single one of them. But I’m walking away feeling very proud of what we’ve done and very grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with so many fellow creators. It’s that collaboration, and every reader out there, who have made this a truly special experience. It's hard to imagine a GREEN LANTERN universe without characters like Atrocitus, Larfleeze, Saint Walker, the Indigo Tribe or the rest of the gang anymore. And I can't count how many Lantern t-shirts of all colors I continue to see.

It was Dan DiDio and Peter Tomasi who I first spoke with about GREEN LANTERN. Dan was the Executive Editor of DC Comics at the time and Pete my editor on JSA. They both wanted to relaunch GREEN LANTERN. My very first proposal that I could find dates back to September 2nd, 2003 meaning I’ve been working on GREEN LANTERN for nearly ten years in some way or another. I’ll never forget Dan telling me his idea for the title, “Rebirth,” he said.

Through BLACKEST NIGHT and BRIGHTEST DAY, literally, Peter Tomasi has always been there. From the incredibly long conversations and debate on REBIRTH to later writing GREEN LANTERN CORPS beginning with the conclusion of SINESTRO CORPS and up until today, Pete has been my creative partner in crime and what GREEN LANTERN grew into would not have happened without him.

And, of course, look at the amazing artists I worked with: Ethan Van Sciver, your mad genius was key to everything we expanded the universe into – the endless energy you have for creation is unmatched. Ivan Reis and Joe Prado, you brought a scope only you two could deliver culminating with BLACKEST NIGHT – and you’re showing the world what JUSTICE LEAGUE should be. And Doug Mahnke…he’s the current superstar I work with every month on GREEN LANTERN and have for years now. Doug, you’re one of the most amazing and unique artists in the business. Your power, grit and sense of wonder can be seen at its very best in the gatefold cover for GREEN LANTERN #20.

I’m fortunate enough to continue working with Doug as we head over to a new project later this year.

We all owe a debt to Julius Schwartz, John Broome and Gil Kane for creating such an incredible foundation to build on with Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps. Without them, there would be no Green Lantern.

So what will GREEN LANTERN #20 bring? The bizarre return of Hal Jordan, the final fate of Sinestro, the revelation of the First Lantern and an ending that I hope pays off everything we’ve ever done and ever created with GREEN LANTERN. It has art by Doug Mahnke, Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis and Joe Prado and I’ve poured everything I can into the script.

I’m off to focus my energy on the JUSTICE LEAGUE universe as we head into what I hope is an exciting plan – Simon Baz and B’dg will be along for the ride in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA – and you’ll no doubt see Hal Jordan and some of the other Lanterns in the world of the Justice League before too long. And Sinestro…? You’ll have to read GREEN LANTERN #20 for that…

Thank you again for reading – whether you started with REBIRTH or started this month – I sincerely appreciate your time and imagination.

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night –

All Will Be Well,
    Geoff
    Oh my, i'm not overly saddened due to knowing Simon Baz's story continues in JLA, Hal Jordan's in JL + Sinestro's prequel story will come out someday, but it's interesting that Sinestro's place will be somewhere interesting post-Johns. :)
    My Blog

Elder Member

Today I ended up pre-ordering Injustice: God Among Us for Wii U.
    This reminds me. I don't know if anyone else has bought Avengers: Battle For Earth but it is absolutely terrible. It's repetitive as all hell, horrible controls, took me a five hours to be over 71% done with the game (campaign took me like 2 hours), and the DLC is a joke (it's just skins). What's more is that on the Wii U your TV is made useless because it's all on the gamepad's screen. You look at the TV and it gives you options to change camera angles on the TV and that's it. Then there's arcade mode and challenges mode. 80% the challenges are you doing the same thing for each and every character. I'm really upset I spent money on this crap.

This reminds me. I don't know if anyone else has bought Avengers: Battle For Earth but it is absolutely terrible. It's repetitive as all hell, horrible controls, took me a five hours to be over 71% done with the game (campaign took me like 2 hours), and the DLC is a joke (it's just skins). What's more is that on the Wii U your TV is made useless because it's all on the gamepad's screen. You look at the TV and it gives you options to change camera angles on the TV and that's it. Then there's arcade mode and challenges mode. 80% the challenges are you doing the same thing for each and every character. I'm really upset I spent money on this crap.
    This is why I rarely play video games anymore. The last game I played, was the Walking Dead on Playstation 3, and that is more of a choose your own adventure story so I played it more for the story than gameplay, and it was perfect for me.
    All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

BANNED

Sweden, where almost everyone owns guns and they have ridiculously low gun crime rate due to the government forcing gun owners to go thorough government paid training. No one wants to rob someone who has a gun and knows how to use it.
    Lol. They have a higher gun crime rate than the UK.

Governments shouldn't be taking away guns they should be teaching people how to use them.
    People don't need to learn how to kill. It's the ease of the ability to kill that needs to be taken away.

People who think we all should have a gun, live in a dream world. This is not Harry Potter, where society are aloud to carry items more dangerous than a machine gun (the wand), it's not cool, it's not something that people need to learn how to use, there's no "responsibility" to be gained or achieved by having one, by carrying around something which primary purpose is to kill. Guns cause death. That is a fact. As that is their primary function. And that's all there is to it. Any other reason is just an excuse to carry something around which makes you feel powerful. It alone is a psychological tool enabling you the ability to intimidate literally anyone. And that in itself is potentially very, very dangerous.

Sweden does have a high gun crime rate. Maybe not in comparison to America, bit it is in comparison to many, many other countries where guns remain illegal.

Guns shouldn't even be made, let alone used. If guns are made, their function (to kill) will indeed be carried out. It's simple math. The more guns there are in a country - regardless of whether they're illegal or not - the more gun crime can be achieved and will be achieved.

Whereas if there weren't such thing as a gun, there'd be no gun crime. You can't have gun crime without guns.

The legalisation of firearms is by far the most STUPID law ever conceived by man.

I would have made it more of a spectacle and bizarre and really embraced the weirdness that is Batman. A vicious crocodile man, a man obsessed with Alice in Wonderland, a dude dressed as a kite, a man who has to wear a suit that keeps him at sub-zero temperatures so that he can live while he tries to cure his wife, and lastly I'd bring in Bat-Mite.
    That's fair. I like your ideas. But Batman's rouges gallery is all about realistic villains whom are mostly real insane people rather than fantasy creatures or clichι mad scientists. And without that realistic quality, Batman's repertoire of villains would be a lot less intimidating/frightening. As for weirdness, Heath Ledger's performance of The Joker was fantastically insane - like REALLY insane - and it was believable too. But I agree, I really want to see Freeze and Killer Crock in some new Batman movies. And I think Man-Bat would be great to see too as a villain for a "Batman 3".

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    That's fair. I like your ideas. But Batman's rouges gallery is all about realistic villains whom are mostly real insane people rather than fantasy creatures or clichι mad scientists. And without that realistic quality, Batman's repertoire of villains would be a lot less intimidating/frightening. As for weirdness, Heath Ledger's performance of The Joker was fantastically insane - like REALLY insane - and it was believable too. But I agree, I really want to see Freeze and Killer Crock in some new Batman movies. And I think Man-Bat would be great to see too as a villain for a "Batman 3".
    That's what I'm saying, I would get rid of the realism and make it like a comic.

Speaking of Batman...

CNN: Joker's next move will shock Bat-fans MAJOR SPOILERS
    Last edited by wyokid; 02-11-2013 at 02:14 PM.