Page 205 of 824 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 12359
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Well guys, today is the big day. In just a few hours from now I'll be popping the question :)
    I'd wish you good luck but I know you're not going to need it.

Well guys, today is the big day. In just a few hours from now I'll be popping the question :)
    You've got this on lock! Then she will have you on lock....
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I got you.

But I mean, I drive a car because it can take me to places quick and easy, I keep knives in my kitchen draw so that I can cut up food, I have a lawnmower to make my lawn look neat and I have a proper Samuria Sword in my room for decorative effect. But a gun is for shooting. Firing a gun feels cool, I agree with that, but it doesn't feel so good that you suddenly think "oh, I want to shoot my gun" does it? I mean, what the hell would you do with it? I don't see why so many Americans feel the need to own one.

Besides, stabbing would feel so much better than shooting, whatever your target is.

I don't really know what he means by that.

Would you perhaps change the way Batman is portrayed, maybe have him do different things? Is there something you would focus on more prominently or anything you'd cut out?
    There is a certain level of safety that comes with owning a gun that you can't get anywhere else. Also shooting a gun is a lot of fun.

Nolan's Batman films are ashamed of the fact that they are based off comic books. Instead of embracing it's origins like the Marvel Studio's films do it hides from it by attempting to turn something so unrealistic as Batman into being something real.

Good luck man.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Nolan's Batman films are ashamed of the fact that they are based off comic books. Instead of embracing it's origins like the Marvel Studio's films do it hides from it by attempting to turn something so unrealistic as Batman into being something real.
    What a load of huge horseshit.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    What a load of huge horseshit.
    I actually agree with Wyo, Rises is the one that did it, the other two were perfect batman films but the last killed it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    I actually agree with Wyo, Rises is the one that did it, the other two were perfect batman films but the last killed it for me
    What part do you agree? How do you define or identify that the films are "ashamed" of being adapted from comic books? How is that evident? How is it that Marvel's safe way of comedic action with little depth, typical damsel in distress for the heroes and so on the way to celebrate comics? It's just internet hyperbole now that Nolan's movies are done. When the new Batman director comes, you'll see even more Nolan haters arising, just like you had Tim Burton haters just suddenly popping out.

Internet isa place where people feel they have to be insulting and aggressive when viewing opinions. It's just weird.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Good luck Balfro. =) Let us know how it goes.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

On Vacation

Best of luck bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Internet isa place where people feel they have to be insulting and aggressive when viewing opinions. It's just weird.
    Says the guy who just called someone's opinion "a load of horseshit."
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

Last edited by Sinx; 02-10-2013 at 02:17 PM.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

BANNED

There is a certain level of safety that comes with owning a gun that you can't get anywhere else. Also shooting a gun is a lot of fun.
    Wrong. America - any country even - would be a lot safer without guns.

I'm sorry but you didn't answer any of my questions. I really want to know and see a different perspective here, because the next trilogy of Batman films are going to have to be a lot different to Nolan's. I want to know what alternative you have in mind. Is there anything specific you would cut from Nolan's script or anything you would add?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Damn, that diss made me snarf yo!(becuase of Snix's first image)

@ Samurai Black - But a gun makes too much noise, and with a blade or a blunt weapon it's like you're really doing it, rather than just pushing a button (pulling a trigger) and without even approaching them for christ's sake.

Seriously though, I think the biggest problem with guns is how easy it is to kill someone. If you get angry with someone, like fuming with rage, if you've got a gun it only takes a split second to shoot someone down.
    You can make guns quiet if you need to. Sure it does not take much skill to shot someone a child or animal can do it. But your argument was for collecting. Believe it or not but there are people who would kill in a split second with pretty much anything. Im not pro gun or really defending guns but what you said can be applied to other things as well.

You say that now but when the radioactive zombie start attacking you will wish you had a gun

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    You can make guns quiet if you need to. Sure it does not take much skill to shot someone a child or animal can do it. But your argument was for collecting. Believe it or not but there are people who would kill in a split second with pretty much anything. Im not pro gun or really defending guns but what you said can be applied to other things as well.
    But it doesn't necessarily depend on the individual, what type of person he or she may be. It's often to do with the ease of killing someone so quickly, and having that option that you only have to say yes to for just a second. Some people when really, really angry still don't always have the guts to punch someone in the face when they really, really hate someone. But put a gun in their hand and suddenly they may decide to just end it there and then, BOOM down he goes, just like that.

You say that now but when the radioactive zombie start attacking you will wish you had a gun
    Oh yeah. Point taken.

Elder Member

Sweden, where almost everyone owns guns and they have ridiculously low gun crime rate due to the government forcing gun owners to go thorough government paid training. No one wants to rob someone who has a gun and knows how to use it. Governments shouldn't be taking away guns they should be teaching people how to use them.

I'm sorry but you didn't answer any of my questions. I really want to know and see a different perspective here, because the next trilogy of Batman films are going to have to be a lot different to Nolan's. I want to know what alternative you have in mind. Is there anything specific you would cut from Nolan's script or anything you would add?
    I would have made it more of a spectacle and bizarre and really embraced the weirdness that is Batman. A vicious crocodile man, a man obsessed with Alice in Wonderland, a dude dressed as a kite, a man who has to wear a suit that keeps him at sub-zero temperatures so that he can live while he tries to cure his wife, and lastly I'd bring in Bat-Mite.

Sweden, where almost everyone owns guns and they have ridiculously low gun crime rate due to the government forcing gun owners to go thorough government paid training. No one wants to rob someone who has a gun and knows how to use it. Governments shouldn't be taking away guns they should be teaching people how to use them.

I would have made it more of a spectacle and bizarre and really embraced the weirdness that is Batman. A vicious crocodile man, a man obsessed with Alice in Wonderland, a dude dressed as a kite, a man who has to wear a suit that keeps him at sub-zero temperatures so that he can live while he tries to cure his wife, and lastly I'd bring in Bat-Mite.
    Wyokid, acknowledge that I'm happy you're back, damnit! ;)
    Marriage Era Spidey bashers are shameful opportunists (Like you REALLY didn't enjoy a single Spidey comic in 20 years)
    Conversely, BND haters REALLY need to get over their continuity elitism already