Page 196 of 824 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 12359

Hey, to all you Americans out there:

I was going to ask this yesterday and then ironically enough last night's episode of How I Met Your Mother sort of tied into it.

Do you have many or ANY Tim Horton's down there? I keep seeing commercials for "Tim Horton's Cafe & Bake Shop" and as far as I know we don't call them that up here in Canada; it's just "Tim Horton's" or "Tim's" or "Timmy's" for short. I figured the commercials I'm seeing are the new American versions of the restaurant, but I can't be sure.

Also, don't believe HIMYM... We love our Timmy's but we don't constantly hang out there eating "Jelly's" lol. Oh, and they're called "Jelly-Filled Donuts", and they're the worst kind. Honey Crueler all the way, bitches!
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Oh, silly me... When I hear "Ant-Man" I immediately assume he's also Giant-Man as well. Yeah I have little interest in Hank Pym unless he's Giant-Man. If he's only going to be shrinking everywhere then yeah I don't really even want him to be part of the Avengers. Now Giant-Man is another story. I love how he gets all huge and can actually cause some damage. He'd be perfect for the MCU. Any word on Jan? Or is she out entirely because she's a mutant?
    Well she's not a mutant in 616, that's an Ultimate thing, so Marvel should have the rights for her. Whether she'll be in Ant-Man is another story entirely. Right now there's no news, but the film is still almost 3 years away. Hopefully she will, but I kind of have my doubts. It's also not confirmed if we're seeing Hank Pym or Scott Lang (or any other Ant-man for that matter).
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Well she's not a mutant in 616, that's an Ultimate thing, so Marvel should have the rights for her. Whether she'll be in Ant-Man is another story entirely. Right now there's no news, but the film is still almost 3 years away. Hopefully she will, but I kind of have my doubts. It's also not confirmed if we're seeing Hank Pym or Scott Lang (or any other Ant-man for that matter).
    Ah, ok I didn't know she wasn't a mutant in 616. I would assume that it would be Hank simply because he's the most famous. Like how you'd assume that any and every Spider-Man movie would have Peter Parker and not Miles Morales. And along with Hank comes Jan, so here's hoping it's those 2 in the movie.

That being said, I wouldn't mind it being Scott Lang, especially if he becomes a little more used in the UU (the movie might force him to be used in the UU or vice-versa).
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Ah, ok I didn't know she wasn't a mutant in 616. I would assume that it would be Hank simply because he's the most famous. Like how you'd assume that any and every Spider-Man movie would have Peter Parker and not Miles Morales. And along with Hank comes Jan, so here's hoping it's those 2 in the movie.
    Well, there were talks at one time of it featuring Pym in the past and Lang in the present. Not sure what the current status on that is.

Secondly, no one cares about Ant-Man. "Ant-man" is not going to sell like Cap or Thor without the Avengers brand recognition. Sure, they could have put him in Avengers, but that goes back to point #1.
    Noone really cares about Thor or Captain America either. You have to remember the Captain America movie was even titled abit differently in some countries because of his pro-American nickname. :b

Oh, silly me... When I hear "Ant-Man" I immediately assume he's also Giant-Man as well. Yeah I have little interest in Hank Pym unless he's Giant-Man. If he's only going to be shrinking everywhere then yeah I don't really even want him to be part of the Avengers. Now Giant-Man is another story. I love how he gets all huge and can actually cause some damage. He'd be perfect for the MCU. Any word on Jan? Or is she out entirely because she's a mutant?
    Only Ultimate Wasp is an Mutant so there is nothing to worry about Janet. Also, wow! Way to be harsh on Hank Pym!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Noone really cares about Thor or Captain America either. You have to remember the Captain America movie was even titled abit differently in some countries because of his pro-American nickname. :b
    True, and no one really cared about Iron Man as far as the general public goes. But at least all three of them had at least name recognition. And which is easier to sell: Captain America or Ant-Man? I think people are way likely to take a risk on the former.

But now Marvel has a strong enough brand to sell Ant-Man, especially since it's coming only months after Avengers 2.

BANNED

You've given me a Wikipedia page detailing the origin of the sport, it's history, detailing changes in rules and all sorts of other stuff which are irrelevant to what I was asking. There's a lot here to read through, just to get one small sentence, which may not even exist. How can all those teams play one game? They can't. So how is it decided who's playing?

Ant-Man is the first of phase 3. Phase 2 ends with Avengers 2 (which has been, and will likely continue to be, the pattern).
    I pretty sure Ant-Man comes out before Avengers 2. Then it's on to phase 3.

Fantastic Four aren't part of the MCU. Dr. Strange and Black Panther are confirmed to be in development, but not officially announced yet.
    When was Black Panther confirmed?

I'm pretty sure Marvel have plans for the FF. Phase 3 is all rumours for now, but there's talk about Marvel buying the film licence back.

True, and no one really cared about Iron Man as far as the general public goes. But at least all three of them had at least name recognition. And which is easier to sell: Captain America or Ant-Man? I think people are way likely to take a risk on the former.
    Well again, let's remember that Captain America applied the "the First Avenger" keyword being the Avenger word here. If we truly need to be worried about the movie's title, we can always go with something like Agent of SHIELD: Ant-Man or something. Yeah Iron Man in 2004 was such a major hit it's still hard to believe how huge the character has become. Yeah sure Captain America has some recognition alongside Thor, but so does Ant-Man!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    You've given me a Wikipedia page detailing the origin of the sport, it's history, detailing changes in rules and all sorts of other stuff which are irrelevant to what I was asking. There's a lot here to read through, just to get one small sentence, which may not even exist. How can all those teams play one game? They can't. So how is it decided who's playing?
    I posted it because that has all the information you could want. It's the championship game, which wikipedia says in the first sentence. For more detailed information on how teams get to the game, you can read that page.

I pretty sure Ant-Man comes out before Avengers 2. Then it's on to phase 3.
    Nope. Ant-Man is in November, Avengers 2 is in May.

When was Black Panther confirmed?
    Kevin Feige mentioned him in the same interview as Ant-Man. It was a month or two ago.

I'm pretty sure Marvel have plans for the FF. Phase 3 is all rumours for now, but there's talk about Marvel buying the film licence back.
    No, Fox has plans to reboot FF; Marvel has nothing to do with it at the moment. It's coming out March 2015.

BANNED

No way. A name like Ant-Man is going to sell WAY more tickets than Captain America. Ant-Man sounds cool and zany. It works. It sparks interest in a way that will make people want to talk about it. But Captain America sounds cheesy. No offense to any Cap fans out there, but a name like Captain America makes all non-Americans assume he's a patriotic douche-bag who fights for flag and country. It's just like if it was Captain Britain or Captain China, such a name can only truly appeal to one nation. Also, Captain America sold really badly in Europe. Ant-Man is going to swamp those sales for sure.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 02-05-2013 at 03:52 PM.

BANNED

I posted it because that has all the information you could want. It's the championship game, which wikipedia says in the first sentence. For more detailed information on how teams get to the game, you can read that page.
    So it's the final of the Championship put on hold for it's own event. That's all I wanted to know

As for the rest, thank you.

No, Fox has plans to reboot FF; Marvel has nothing to do with it at the moment. It's coming out March 2015.
    Oh. I heard Fox were selling it. Maybe that was Daredevil though..
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 02-05-2013 at 12:31 PM.

No way. A name like Ant-Man is going to sell WAY more tickets than Captain America. Ant-Man sounds cool and zany. It works. It sparks interest in a way that will make people want to talk about it. But Captain America sounds cheesy. No offense to any Cap fans out there, but a name like Captain America makes all non-Americans assume he's a patriotic douche-bag who fights for flag and country. It's just like if it was Captain Britain or Captain China, such a name can only truly appeal to one nation. Also, Captain America sold really badly in Europe. Ant-Man is going to swamp those sales for sure.
    Captain America made more overseas than it did in America, actually. You should check on those number before making claims like that.

Oh. I heard Fox were selling it. Maybe that was Daredevil though..
    Daredevil's rights reverted back to Marvel due to Fox's inactivity with the property. That won't happen with FF unless Fox stops making movies, which is pretty unlikely.

Guardians of the Galaxy NOW looks pretty decent. I might try it out.

BANNED

Captain America made more overseas than it did in America, actually. You should check on those number before making claims like that.
    Are you serious? Of course it's going to sell more overseas. There are 196 countries on the planet. I'd expect any film with the same level of promotion to achieve a similar result.

What do you mean by "claims like that"?
    Captain America is a much more unattractive name than Ant-Man. Ant-Man is electric, zany, it sparks interest. Whereas a name like Captain America sounds brash, cheesy and bias to a single nation's cause. It is what it is. And it wouldn't be much different if it was a Captain Britain or a Captain Australia film.

My Blog