Page 194 of 824 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294694 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 12359
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    More Marvel Phase 3 Rumors

Umm...Planet Hulk??? Please please please let these be true. The MCU is going to push itself way past 11 if they actually make a Planet Hulk and WWH movie.
    I really want to see this happen. And Planet Hulk and WWH should be two separate films. But first it might be best if we get a Hulk film leading up to Planet Hulk, so that we can get a great story about Banner being almost permanently the Hulk. It would continue the question of who's the more dominant persona and would set up Planet Hulk very nicely.

Umm...Planet Hulk??? Please please please let these be true. The MCU is going to push itself way past 11 if they actually make a Planet Hulk and WWH movie.
    =O I'm down with any Hulk movie, but taking him to another planet? Phase 3 is going to be wild. What exactly are those two stories about? I'm too lazy to look it up. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I really want to see this happen. And Planet Hulk and WWH should be two separate films. But first it might be best if we get a Hulk film leading up to Planet Hulk, so that we can get a great story about Banner being almost permanently the Hulk. It would continue the question of who's the more dominant persona and would set up Planet Hulk very nicely.
    I agree. A movie in the middle would be nice to help establish Ruffalo's Hulk more. I think the article implied that the WWH storyline would be in Avengers 3, or at least that's how I took it.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    =O I'm down with any Hulk movie, but taking him to another planet? Phase 3 is going to be wild. What exactly are those two stories about? I'm too lazy to look it up. =p
    It's been a few years since I've read it, but...

Basically, the Illuminati (I believe at that time it was Iron Man, Reed, Black Bolt, Xavier, and Dr Strange) decide it's in the planet's best interest to send Hulk off Earth. He lands on an alien planet. Needless to say, he's pissed. He fights a lot of the aliens there, Silver Surfer shows up, Hulk has a son, and he basically becomes king of the planet. Then he finds his way back to Earth and is ready to kick some ass. And, since he's the strongest one there is, he does so.

It's absolutely worth checking out. It's a great Hulk story with some fantastic art. There's also an animated version of it that came out a few years ago. Besides a direct adaptation of Ultimates 1 or the Galactus Trilogy, this is the Marvel film I'd most want to see.

It also makes perfect sense for a Hulk movie. People want to see him smash, and he does plenty of that in Planet Hulk. They can obviously deviate from the story and give some good Banner development too, which would give Mark Ruffalo some chance to shine. I think it'd be great if Avengers 2 ended with Tony making a phone call to the extent of "We've gotta do something about Banner." With Dr. Strange coming in during phase 3, this could help build him up as well.

Unfortunately, they can't have Reed or Xavier, so I'm not sure who would take their spots. Bringing in Blackbolt blindly would be tough to pull off, too. Although, with the MCU characterization, this seems like something that Fury would orchestrate.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Planet Hulk: The Illuminati decide that the Hulk is too dangerous to let live, but they can't kill him, so they trick him into climbing aboard a spaceship, which they fire off towards a peaceful, uninhabited planet. The ship veers off course and lands him on a planet full of strange creatures who are oppressed by an evil tyrant. The Hulk is captured and pressed into service as a gladiator, but he eventually escapes and helps the people overthrow the tyrant. Along the way, a band of alien warriors (the "Warbound") devote their lives to fighting alongside him. Also, the Hulk gets married.

The story ends when the engine on the Illuminati shuttle accidentally detonates and kills the Hulk's wife and unborn child.

World War Hulk: The Hulk and the Warbound return to Earth, attack New York City, turn Madison Square Gardens into a gladitorial arena, and demand a showdown with the Avengers. The Hulk easily crushes the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, the Initiative, the Runaways, Power Pack, the Justice League, the Ghostbusters, and the cast of the Golden Girls. Hulk throws the Illuminati into the arena, ordering them to fight one another to the death. The Sentry--yes, the living deus ex machina himself--arrives at the last minute and defeats the Hulk with one hand tied behind his back.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    World War Hulk: The Hulk and the Warbound return to Earth, attack New York City, turn Madison Square Gardens into a gladitorial arena, and demand a showdown with the Avengers. The Hulk easily crushes the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, the Initiative, the Runaways, Power Pack, the Justice League, the Ghostbusters, and the cast of the Golden Girls. Hulk throws the Illuminati into the arena, ordering them to fight one another to the death. The Sentry--yes, the living deus ex machina himself--arrives at the last minute and defeats the Hulk with one hand tied behind his back.
    Well done, sir.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

I agree with Plawsky that the Marvel adaption I'd most like to see after Ultimates 1 and the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy is World War Hulk. It was a great series and should have been Marvel's 616 Ultimatum. There weren't anywhere near as many deaths as I hoped for, but it was an epic adrenaline fueled story nonetheless.

There are some astoundingly epic moments in those two books, and together they're the perfect example of Hulk's incredible strength. Featuring Hulk's second ever fight with the Silver Surfer (I think), A warlord/emperor called The Red King, Hulk has eventually an entire family of his own, and during his planet's destruction, he even pushes continents back together again!! In WWH there are some great fight scenes. It's the action-packed Marvel event I had always dreamed of. And I was rooting for Hulk the entire time.

This sounds epic, but it's just too far off for me to get my hopes up yet.

Oh, my newest review for the latest episode of "Once Upon a Time" is up, in case any of you watch it.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Planet Hulk and World War Hulk sounds like an awesome storyline. =o I'm totally down for them basing a movie on it.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

BANNED

Default WALKING DEAD Sneak Peak

Clip from the second half of Season 3 of The Walking Dead. We see more from Tyreese and his group.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Us...x09_clip#Modal

Anybody got any remedies for strep throat? I just happen to get sick right after the superbowl and it's kicking my ass.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Planet Hulk and World War Hulk sounds like an awesome storyline. =o I'm totally down for them basing a movie on it.
    World War Hulk was just a big battle festival, but it can be turned into a very good and personal story. However, i would like to see some proper reasonings why Hulk would be sent to space and how the world would react to this. It's like one of the other bad things about comics, besides constant resurrections which do not need to become part of the movies is just how hypocritical and forgiving the characters can be left to right, case in point: Captain America going all fascits on Cyclop's mutants while siding with people like the Hulk and Wolverine.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Anybody got any remedies for strep throat? I just happen to get sick right after the superbowl and it's kicking my ass.
    Penicillin. Works like a charm.

I'm staying home with a sick kiddo today, so you aren't alone on the puny list.

On Vacation

So apparently Hickman is going to be writing an Avengers: Infinity and Humprhies is going to be writing and Ultimates: Infinity. Anyone else bothered by this? This might be really bad for the Ultimates line. People who want to choose which one to read are obviously going to choose Avengers: Infinity just because it will be better written. Ofcource there will be those people that buy both but really two of the same things at the same time is really bad even if they are significantly different.

They could be related for all we know. I'm game for both, though. Hickman's Avengers has already been great, and him doing an epic Thanos story will no doubt be exciting.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Have any of you fellas or ladies on the UU board sold large groups of comics on ebay before? I have decided I have way too many single issues and I want to get rid of them and maybe make a buck or two while I'm at it. I don't plan on asking retail price for anything since most of these are a few years old now, but I was hoping someone who has been successful at this could give me some pointers.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!