Page 187 of 824 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237287687 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Fringe was one of the greatest shows of all time and the finale was superb. The fact that the show actually got a whole extra season after it's original 4 season deal was nothing short of a miracle (considering it was between up-and-coming Alcatraz's second season or an extra season of Fringe (even though the story was finished). I will for sure be buying the final season of Fringe. The very last few scenes tugged at my heart strings :P
    I think it may actually be my favorite TV show of all time. I'm not sure how much validity there is to this, but I read an article in Entertainment Magazine about two seasons ago that despite it's low Nielson ratings it was the most DVR'd/recorded show of any network. Just think, if Fox hadn't moved it to the death sentence slot that is Friday night we may have gotten even more. I will admit I got a little misty eyed during the scene when spoilers:
    Walter and Peter are watching the tape together and Walter tells Peter that he is his most favorite thing
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I'm working my way through Fringe courtesy of the Science Channel, and avoiding spoilers to the best of my ability. I cannot overstate how underrated that show is.
    I actually envy you my friend, to be able to experience new episodes of that show for the first time is something I will truly miss.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I'm working my way through Fringe courtesy of the Science Channel, and avoiding spoilers to the best of my ability. I cannot overstate how underrated that show is.
    What season are you on? What have been your favorite highlights so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think it may actually be my favorite TV show of all time. I'm not sure how much validity there is to this, but I read an article in Entertainment Magazine about two seasons ago that despite it's low Nielson ratings it was the most DVR'd/recorded show of any network. Just think, if Fox hadn't moved it to the death sentence slot that is Friday night we may have gotten even more. I will admit I got a little misty eyed during the scene when spoilers:
    Walter and Peter are watching the tape together and Walter tells Peter that he is his most favorite thing
    end of spoilers

I actually envy you my friend, to be able to experience new episodes of that show for the first time is something I will truly miss.
    I actually heard that they are going to come out with 4 novels which sort of act like prequels (and I assume they will be canon). I can't wait to sink my teeth into those, but I have no idea when they are going to be released.

EDIT:

I guess here's the first few:

http://www.amazon.com/Fringe-The-Zod...s=fringe+faust

http://www.amazon.com/Fringe-The-Bur...s=fringe+faust

EDIT EDIT:

Ooooo, there's also this little gem!
    http://www.amazon.com/Fringe-Septemb...d_bxgy_b_img_z
    Last edited by Balfro; 01-29-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Fringe was one of the greatest shows of all time and the finale was superb. The fact that the show actually got a whole extra season after it's original 4 season deal was nothing short of a miracle (considering it was between up-and-coming Alcatraz's second season or an extra season of Fringe (even though the story was finished). I will for sure be buying the final season of Fringe. The very last few scenes tugged at my heart strings :P
    Fringe was indeed awesome. I was trying to keep up with the new episodes on Hulu, but I fell behind, two episodes expired, and now I have to find a way to watch them. =(
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Fringe was indeed awesome. I was trying to keep up with the new episodes on Hulu, but I fell behind, two episodes expired, and now I have to find a way to watch them. =(
    You can always buy them on amazon for $1.99 a piece or through itunes for I think the same price.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

What season are you on? What have been your favorite highlights so far?
    The Science Channel just got to the end of Season 2, but I'm just now finishing Season 1. (I'm taking my time, chewing up every last inch of my DVR.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    You can always buy them on amazon for $1.99 a piece or through itunes for I think the same price.
    Actually, Amazon is streaming the first four seasons for free for Prime members.

Do you guys prefer actual books to read or using an eReader such as Kobo (Canada), Nook (US) or Kindle (Amazon)?

I far prefer to read using my Kobo; it's light, thin and has all my books in one convenient spot for travel. However, the collector I am, I also love actual paper books to display on my shelf. Not to mention the fact that Kobo is black and white while actual books tend to have a colored cover.

I got a Kobo mini for Christmas (actually I got it at my work Christmas Party, and ironically my girlfriend got me the same thing... so she returned hers and got me an oakley backpack for my vacation :P ) and I sat on the beach and read it almost every day. Such an awesome little device and how the brighter the light outside the more clearly you can read it (as opposed to trying to read off of an iPad or mobile phone. Plus it's convenient to just purchase and download books right on the device itself (assuming you have wifi).

Do you guys prefer actual books to read or using an eReader such as Kobo (Canada), Nook (US) or Kindle (Amazon)?

I far prefer to read using my Kobo; it's light, thin and has all my books in one convenient spot for travel. However, the collector I am, I also love actual paper books to display on my shelf. Not to mention the fact that Kobo is black and white while actual books tend to have a colored cover.

I got a Kobo mini for Christmas (actually I got it at my work Christmas Party, and ironically my girlfriend got me the same thing... so she returned hers and got me an oakley backpack for my vacation :P ) and I sat on the beach and read it almost every day. Such an awesome little device and how the brighter the light outside the more clearly you can read it (as opposed to trying to read off of an iPad or mobile phone. Plus it's convenient to just purchase and download books right on the device itself (assuming you have wifi).
    For plaintext books, I prefer eReaders. I had a Kindle awhile back, but accidentally sat on it and shattered the screen. (An unfortunate side-effect of the device being small enough to fit in my back pocket.)

For comics, however, I still prefer the dead trees.

For plaintext books, I prefer eReaders. I had a Kindle awhile back, but accidentally sat on it and shattered the screen. (An unfortunate side-effect of the device being small enough to fit in my back pocket.)

For comics, however, I still prefer the dead trees.
    See now that's also interesting... I prefer to read comics on my iPad. I buy paper comics, though, and download the free digital copy and read that.

See now that's also interesting... I prefer to read comics on my iPad. I buy paper comics, though, and download the free digital copy and read that.
    I enjoy digital comics, but I use Comixology to sample new books or to make one-off impulse purchases. My problem with them is the lack of transferability. I get a kick out of trading/lending/borrowing comics with my friends, and with Comixology, you just can't do that at all. (Amazon and B&N, by contrast, let you lend/borrow your Kindle or Nook eBooks.)

Commander Dark Guard CaptainMarvell's Avatar

Fringe was by far my favorite TV show, but I feel like it kind of derailed and never got back on track after Season 3. They weren't sure if it would be back so it ended in a way that could have worked as a series finale and then when they got picked up again, the writers seemed to be scrambling to pick up the pieces and continue the show. In the first three seasons, everything meant something and connected to something else and it just had this feeling of the main storyline just escalating after each episode. In 4 and 5 wasn't like that. This past season was terrible, in my opinion. The plan. Ugh. The plan this, the plan that. It was like watching someone play a really long video game. "In this level, you acquire this. Then in this level get that." I didn't care for it. That ending was about as predictable as they come too. I just really wish they knew they would have been back for a 4th season before they filmed the season finale for season 3. They could have kept up with that storyline and had a real ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think it may actually be my favorite TV show of all time. I'm not sure how much validity there is to this, but I read an article in Entertainment Magazine about two seasons ago that despite it's low Nielson ratings it was the most DVR'd/recorded show of any network. Just think, if Fox hadn't moved it to the death sentence slot that is Friday night we may have gotten even more.

I kind of doubt that, since I think recordings still go towards ratings (at least to some extent). I don't really know anyone who watched it regularly; despite its loyal following, it never caught on in a widescale way like Lost did.

Now that it's done though, I'll probably finally go back and watch it. And it's coming to Netflix soon! I also need to watch Firefly, which I'll probably do first, since it's only 14 episodes and a movie. I'm almost done with Futurama (which I've seen most of several times), so I need new shows to add!

I also recently FINALLY watched all of Freaks and Geeks. Talk about a show that shouldn't have been cancelled! It was so good. The last episode is one of my favorite episodes of any show ever.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

DC Gossip:

Look for a Red Robin, Martian Manhunter, Superman/Batman, DC Comics Presents and Brave and Bold to enter the 52 arena sooner than later.

Bryan Hitch was offered a Batman/Superman book in the New 52 written by Brad Meltzer. So it’s definitely in the air…
    Red Robin (alongside Wally West) has been the most requested thing out there, glad to see this happening.

Mark Millar & Frank Quitely's Jupiter's Legacy preview!

Looking at Millar's comments on his own board, this guy might be heading more to Image comics, damn they must have some great creator-owned deals compared to Icon & Vertigo. :S

Andy Kubert's tribute to himself:

Batman Inc #7 preview!!

PS. So who here is a gamer again? Marvelmaster, Sinx, Zappy Time and me? Plawsky too? Anyhow anything good going on right now? I'm still playing Dishonored over and voer again, and i really loved the reboot of Devil May Cry, only thing i miss from the previous installments was the gothic castlevania vibe, but the demonic limbo stuff was really cool experiece. Dead Space 3 soon! :)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

PS. So who here is a gamer again? Marvelmaster, Sinx, Zappy Time and me? Plawsky too? Anyhow anything good going on right now? I'm still playing Dishonored over and voer again, and i really loved the reboot of Devil May Cry, only thing i miss from the previous installments was the gothic castlevania vibe, but the demonic limbo stuff was really cool experiece. Dead Space 3 soon! :)
    I'm a loose gamer at best. I have, like, no money OR time, and I honestly haven't played a game for most of this school year. I've never played any of the Big Ones, either (Call of Duty, Halo, Mass Effect, etc.)

That said, I'm quite excited for Pokemon X and Y. I'll have to really consider if it's worth saving up for a 3DS; I could get the new Kingdom Hearts if I were to do so, along with these...
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Red Robin (alongside Wally West) has been the most requested thing out there, glad to see this happening.
    I'm still convinced that DC should make Detective Comics a Red Robin title. Batman doesn't need three solo titles, Tec is not obligated to focus on him, and Red Robin is the only Robin without his own title.

Well with the Chew writer John Layman as the writer, he's taken a great focus on the crime circles, so while being a Batman book it offers something you don't find on Dark Knight or Incorporated.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog