Page 184 of 824 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 12359

It's my birthday!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    It's my birthday!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Now go and get drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    That sucks about leaving Hawaii, but I bet you're glad to see your girlfriend again. Good luck with proposing!

It's my birthday!
    Happy Birthday!!!

Now I’m here to tell you about the only real path to mental health. That’s right, it’s the Brad Goodman... something or other...

All-New Ultimates • Earth 2 • Harley Quinn • Injustice • Invincible • Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man • Real Heroes • The Walking Dead • Ultimate FF

Really? And I was looking forward to seeing that. Guess it's just Hollywood again trying to promote a film with a great cast.
    Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates, Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers and Superior Spider-Man and All-New X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Oh yeah, and I saw Movie 43 tonight. It's the worst thing that's ever happened in the history of things that have happened. Seriously.
    I'm sorry you had to sit through that. The trailer looked terrible, I thought. What was it about because it I could never get a good idea of anything that was going on in the trailer.

It's my birthday!
    Happy birthday dude!
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

Happy birthday, Wolverine12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man, Ultimate Comics: Ultimates, Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers and Superior Spider-Man and All-New X-Men.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43407

Dr. Strange is confirmed for Marvel Phase 3! Sweet! That phase is sounding pretty cool, Ant-Man in particular.
    Aquaman • Aquaman and the Others • Batman • Batman and Robin • Justice League • Wonder Woman • Star Trek • Brilliant • Black Science • Manifest Destiny • Morning Glories • Saga • Shutter • The Wake

It's my birthday!
    GIFS for you!

"Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    On the plus side I get to be with my girlfriend again after a whole month of being apart and me staring at tanned bikini babes
    Yeah, sorry you had to endure that. I hate being surrounded by hot women. It's the worst.

I'm really digging it. That said, I think New Avengers is a much better book. I loved the opening of Avengers, but I wasn't super into the first arc. The art, obviously, is incredible, but the story didn't do a whole lot for me. Part of that is because there was some necessary set up. Hickman isn't used to writing big "super hero" moments yet - like team fights and banter - so some of that felt clunky. His strength is much more in the plotting and ideas. I'm looking forward to seeing what the longterm plans are, though.

New Avengers, on the other hand, is already near perfection. This is the perfect book for him, and I feel like these characters are much better suited for him than the characters in Avengers. It's a great followup to his FF run; I just wish he was still on Ultimates. So much so.

In related news, I just ordered the Nightly News off Amazon, so I'm looking forward to reading that soon. But I've got a lot of new graphic novels and trades lying around that I need to get to. I still need to finish Mind the Gap and the most recent Chew volume, I got another volume of Invincible (I'm now at v9), and I picked up the TPB of Ultra for five bucks today. Also Ghost World and Building Stories. And I might finally read the first trade of Invisibles, which I've had for like two years now.

Man... lots to read.
    I haven't read Hickman's NA, but listened to a CGS podcast about it. They raved about the issue itself, but they all complained about the title being New Avengers when it's clearly an Illuminati series. Your thoughts?

It's my birthday!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOLVERINE12 W0000T

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Now go and get drunk.
    Yes, do this. Proceed with caution, of course.

Don't know if anyone here likes writing, but I found this blog via Tumblr with some awesome lessons on making characters.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I haven't read Hickman's NA, but listened to a CGS podcast about it. They raved about the issue itself, but they all complained about the title being New Avengers when it's clearly an Illuminati series. Your thoughts?
    Meh, whatever. They're right, but it's not a big deal. "New Avengers" is going to sell better than "Illuminiati." Marketing is necessary at times. It's definitely an Illuminati book, but I don't care what it's called. It could be called "6 best friends" and it would still be a great book. At the same time though, there are going to be some relations to the main Avengers book, so keeping it under the Avengers branding makes sense.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Meh, whatever. They're right, but it's not a big deal. "New Avengers" is going to sell better than "Illuminiati." Marketing is necessary at times. It's definitely an Illuminati book, but I don't care what it's called. It could be called "6 best friends" and it would still be a great book. At the same time though, there are going to be some relations to the main Avengers book, so keeping it under the Avengers branding makes sense.
    "6 Best Friends", huh? I would not buy that book.

So, Black Panther and Namor. On the same team. How does that work?

Thanks for all the birthday wishes fellas!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    So, Black Panther and Namor. On the same team. How does that work?
    He's the god damn Batman:

Honestly, Illuminati (New Avengers) is such a cool start, Plawsky is right how the name is just used because of the sales juggernaut it has been under Bendis' name, it has that legacy, the name doesn't make any sense whatsoever but you shouldn't care.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Really, the name stopped making sense by the time Civil War rolled around. For years (our time, it probably wasn't long in MU time), they were THE Avengers. And after Siege, almost everyone on the team had been an Avenger for a long time. You just can't have a book called "The Other Avengers" or "More Avengers" because that sounds stupid.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others