Page 177 of 824 FirstFirst ... 77127167173174175176177178179180181187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I've heard Ginger Beer is similarly made but not the same. I thought it might perhaps be the same thing but it isn't.

Sounds delicious. If I can't find it in store, I'm sure I can order some online.

I really like Alcoholic Ginger Beer but it's so sweet you can only really have one pint. Root beer sounds absolutely lush though. I didn't know it had froff on top when poured!! Man, I gotta try that.
    I don't think I've ever had a ginger beer, but it sounds great.

Yeah, they do read much better. With issues you don't usually get much bang for your buck and it often leads to some fans dropping a title if they don't get enough story. What's worse is that even mods on this forum will literally complain about too much character development.. if there's ever such a thing. It would be no different if a novel's chapters were serialised. Even then, people would complain about lack of development of certain things in each chapter.

In trade, all comicbook stories tend to flow a lot better. Spider-Men is a good example of this. Sure, the fifth issue could have been better as it did feel a little rushed, (six issues would have been perfect) but as a whole the first four issues were literally flawless. CBR hails the story as an instant classic and they are not wrong. And it's Bendis' writing and heavy character development that has made it so special. Spider-Men is one of last year's best comics when read as a whole. But when read as a serialised issue format it all feels a bit "meh".
    I like the idea of viewing a comic book series as a graphic novel series. Picking up an Ultimate Comics Spider-Man book twice a year--vs once a month--gives the concept a different feel, more akin to ongoing series of prose novels. I imagine your reading list feels less chaotic as a result.

I do wish that TPBs would collect letters pages. I often spend as much time reading an issue's letters page as I do reading the rest of the book. (Even longer in the case of Saga, where each issue features 4-5 pages of letters in the back.)

Have you read any of Robert Kirkman's Invincible? I'm thinking of picking up the Compendium.
    I've read the first issue, but nothing past that. What's your take on it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I don't think I've ever had a ginger beer, but it sounds great.
    It's made almost the same way as root beer, as in it comes from the root of a plant. So I'm really interested in seeing what the difference is. Root beer sounds nicer though. A lot of people find Ginger Beer to be much too sweet for them. It's mainly a soft drink but there have been a couple of alcoholic brands that have popped up in recent years. Two summers ago my local pub started selling fresh alcoholic ginger beer. It was a nice summer drink, but because of its sweetness it's not something you really feel like drinking one after the other.

Do you buy alcoholic root beer or do you usually just have it non-alcoholic?

Ginger Beer is ginger-y (of course) and it's really warm on your throat when drinking it.

I like the idea of viewing a comic book series as a graphic novel series. Picking up an Ultimate Comics Spider-Man book twice a year--vs once a month--gives the concept a different feel, more akin to ongoing series of prose novels. I imagine your reading list feels less chaotic as a result.
    My "To Read list" is always long. That never seems to get shorter. But yeah, due to mostly having a TPB collection of comics, they're much easier to store and to look after. I usually either sell my issues on E-bay or just give them away to my house mate.

I've read the first issue, but nothing past that. What's your take on it?
    Same here. I've only read the first issue. TBH, I didn't think it was that great. I found it very mediocre actually. But it's almost impossible to judge a comic by it's first issue. I've been PM'd numerous times about getting into Invincible and a lot of posters were saying how good it was the other day on this thread. Someone said something about it being probably the best cape book on the shelves. That may sound like a pretty bold statement to you or I, but I haven't ever heard a bad thing said about it. Plus it's written by Robert Kirkman and I am a big Walking Dead fan. And the concept of Invincible really grabs me; an extreme version of a traditional superhero universe with the rules thrown out the window, like punching through torsos and shit like that. It sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. But I've read the first issue and there was nothing really brilliant about it. I was hoping someone here could convince me how good it is. The compendium isn't too expensive but it's a lot to buy if it turns out I don't like it. I might download #2 off Comixology and see what that's like.

On Vacation

Hey Robbie have you read Irredeenable or Inncorruptable?

I am loving the heck out of Wolverine: Max, and Savage Wolverine is off to a fantastic start! So much Wolverine related awesomeness this year!!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Hey Robbie have you read Irredeenable or Inncorruptable?
    No I haven't. What are they?

Edit - Actually, I remember a poster Trallis telling me about the Irredeemable Ant-Man that's this 12 issue mini series. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever read. He also recommended Invincible and said he had just finished reading the compendium.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I am loving the heck out of Wolverine: Max, and Savage Wolverine is off to a fantastic start! So much Wolverine related awesomeness this year!!
    I can't wait to read Wolverine MAX. I'm glad it's good. Is it pretty violent?
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 01-17-2013 at 06:14 PM.

On Vacation

No I haven't. What are they?
    its two really great series by mark waid. irredeemable is a what if kind of book that shows a hero turning into a villian and incorruptable is the consequences of the hero-turned villian and what if his greatest enemy turned into a hero because of his actions. i seriously recommend getting them. they were really thought provoking.

I can't wait to read Wolverine MAX. I'm glad it's good. Is it pretty violent?
    The first two issues were kind of violent, but issue three today really stepped it up. It gives a real sense of how badly Wolverine's claws can mess a person up.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Four-day weekend FTW.

Do you buy alcoholic root beer or do you usually just have it non-alcoholic?
    I know they exist, but TBH, I don't think I've ever seen an alcoholic root beer.

Ah sweet! I'm having a 4 day weekend as well, got a dinner with my co-workers tomorrow, saw Django Unchained 35mm film reel last night alongside the classic Sartana movie. =) Will see Hellbenders, Black Rider, the Grand Duel and Death Rides Along, having a spaghetti western festival for the win. =)
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I admit I haven't really enjoyed what has been going on with Wolverine's character in recent time. He's become too much of an anti-Cyclops and not enough Wolverine. But Savage Wolverine and Wolverine MAX definitely help get him back to what makes him awesome. I really do hope that the comics involving him improve this year. And have you seen the preview for Wolverine and the X-men #24? What do you think of the prospect of Wolverine dating Storm?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I admit I haven't really enjoyed what has been going on with Wolverine's character in recent time. He's become too much of an anti-Cyclops and not enough Wolverine. But Savage Wolverine and Wolverine MAX definitely help get him back to what makes him awesome. I really do hope that the comics involving him improve this year. And have you seen the preview for Wolverine and the X-men #24? What do you think of the prospect of Wolverine dating Storm?
    I'm okay with Wolverine dating Storm, I would love to see BP show up and get his butt kicked by Logan lol. I agree with you that in 616 Logan is wandering very far from what he used to be. I think that's maybe why I liked Uncanny X-Force so much, it was all about the no bs take no prisoners version of Logan and that is my favorite version of him. I do really enjoy WaTXM because the idea of Wolverine being a headmaster and dealing with annoying kids all day is absolutely hilarious to me but at the same time neutering one of the deadliest people on the planet can only be interesting for so long.

When I read about Wolverine I want to see him do what he does best.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 01-18-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

I'm okay with Wolverine dating Storm, I would love to see BP show up and get his butt kicked by Logan lol.
    But Batman beats Wolverine any day of the week with his hands tied behind his back and his eyes closed. You're the worst offender to comics, you, you, Wolverine lovah!

I agree with you that in 616 Logan is wandering very far from what he used to be.
    Is? He has! Ever since the X-Men movies.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    But Batman beats Wolverine any day of the week with his hands tied behind his back and his eyes closed. You're the worst offender to comics, you, you, Wolverine lovah!
    I am the worst, I know

Is? He has! Ever since the X-Men movies.
    I use the word "is" because I don't think he is done straying from his "classic" depiction. I think we have another year or so before he returns to his roots.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Some guy won't believe me when I say Beast Boy can't transform into a girl. Another guy said DC did a manga where he did...I don't believe him. Any help here?
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...

Quote Originally Posted by thecrimson View Post
    Some guy won't believe me when I say Beast Boy can't transform into a girl. Another guy said DC did a manga where he did...I don't believe him. Any help here?
    If I were you, I'd post that on the DC boards. You'll get a much wider range of knowledgable people. I, for one, have no earthly idea.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others