Page 176 of 824 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Breakfast for dinner. Day = made.

That's the name of the game, man. I've cut my pull list from 15 to 8, and I'm learning to appreciate picking up trades at a relaxed pace (read: on more forgiving paychecks).
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

I would add "DMZ" to the list of titles to check out as well I dont think I seen it listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Do you guys feel like answering some questions?
    - Who is your favourite Robin?
    - What is your favourite Nolan Batman film?
    - What is your favourite non-Pixar Disney film?
    - Which animal is better? Cat or Dog?
    - What do you think of Assassin's Creed III? or if not, the series in general.
    Tim Drake- I really enjoy reading about the character and the fact that he is most like Bruce and Batman also helps.
    Dark Knight Rises- Pretty much becuase it was an "end" to Bruce's life as Batman and how it connected the other movies into it as well.
    Lion King- I think I said enough but there are plenty of great ones (Mulan, 101 dalmatians, aladian, Herbie(the first few) etc.
    Dog- only becuase you can do more with them and its "normal" to take dogs for walks then it is for cats

I have played the original game and beat most of 3 but I love the story and I play to beat the main series. I just dislike that the whoel thing is across different consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Plus puppies are cuter than kittens
    This statement is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    So what's everyone pulling this week?
    Batman and Demon Knights + all the comics I didnt pick up for the past 3 or 4 weeks which include the final arc of Amazing Spider-man.

BANNED

Can you tell me what that is? I want to know if there's a UK version. Could it be CherryCoke or perhaps Ginger Beer?

Dog, cats are alright but dogs can actually be useful in multiple scenarios. Plus puppies are cuter than kittens
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinx
    Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks
    Dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap
    -Dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black
    Dog- only becuase you can do more with them and its "normal" to take dogs for walks then it is for cats
    Err-Err!!
    Ooooh, sorry guys but you all got that one wrong. The correct answer is Cats.

(It's no secret that Americans love dogs. But I wasn't expecting a unanimous answer. Jesus.)

I've only gotten to sequence 3 I think, but it's alright so far. Brotherhood is, so far, still my favorite. The series as a whole is awesome.
    The game has a pretty long story this time round and it takes a while before you do anything really exciting. Sequence 3 has one hell of a twist at the end of it.. the series' biggest twist to date IMO, and if you're into the story, you're going to love it. Let me know what you thought of the twist once you've seen it.

Thor.
    I never knew that existed. I'll try to see if it's on the web because I'm interested in seeing that.

I've been wrestling with this for months now. I keep a pull list with my LCS because I want to support them, but I grow tired of bagging and boarding floppies. I'd like to make the switch over to 100% trades or 100% digital, but that'd necessitate killing my pull list and re-purchasing a bunch of material that I already own. I don't know if I can go through with it.
    TPBs are my main format of reading comics, and everything I really like I buy in trade. I only buy issues for the Ultimate line, The Walking Dead and to try out other books and explore the comicbook world. Most of the time when I really fall in love with a comic book series, I drop the issues immediately and wait for the trade. I was like that with Saga. I followed the first two issues and then thought 'I'm definitely going to start collecting this series.' so I dropped it straight away and then started waiting for the trade. I got Saga vol.1 for Christmas and I LOVED IT. I'm SO excited for the future of that series and the trades that shall be coming my way over the next few years.

There's so many stories I'm interested in, if I had a consistent issue pull list every month, I would never get to try out the amount of comic that I'm able to now. And because there's still so many trades, omnibuses and compendiums that I have yet to buy/read, I don't mind waiting for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    -"Dark Knight Rises." The last ten minutes were phenomenal, and I loved Anne Hatheway as Cat Woman, along with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Robin. (He's Robin. It's a thing. I don't care if he never actually wore a suit or used it as a codename, or that he's not in the comics. John Blake is Robin.)
    I agree. Not only that but before the film came out I posted in the last Off-Topic thread that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was going to don the Robin costume at the end after discovering the bat cave!! And there was a poster or two on here saying that I was probably wrong. I'm gona say I was 75% correct. I KNEW IT!!! :P

I only saw The Dark Knight Rises a couple months ago. I wish I could have seen it the same time as everybody else so that I could have gloated about it.

I was right, goddamnit! I was right!

-OMG why would you ask such a hard question? Well, I'm a Nineties Child, so anything from the Disney Renaissance scores pretty high...I'm gonna have to go with "The Lion King" right now, although "The Little Mermaid" and "Mulan" are close seconds. "Hercules" gets an honorable message because of this song, which I maintain is the best Disney song ever.
    Lol. You diva.

Yeah, the 90's was a great time to be a kid.

The Lion King is my favourite Disney film too. But funnily enough it's partially because of it's epic Circle of Life song at the start. I loved the whole circle of life concept in the Lion King and I really needed to learn it when I did. When I was really little I went to church a few times and I was always terrified by the idea of Heaven and Hell and I started to get really paranoid about a theistic god looking down upon me. Since I watched Lion King, I have followed science and discovered that the universe is made up of laws that truly govern the way of life. And from it I feel almost spiritual about being apart of that, as well as having something to believe in which I know is true, simply because I'm able to actually acknowledge it. When I die, I know I'll become part of the soil, and I've always felt pretty good about that. My cells will turn into tree cells if am buried next to a tree, and those tree cells will eventually become something else when consumed by something else. I think that's wonderful.

Can you tell me what that is? I want to know if there's a UK version. Could it be CherryCoke or perhaps Ginger Beer?
    Barq's is a root beer that was first bottled in Biloxi, not far from my hometown. It's now a national brand, and is sold by the Coca-Cola company.

Barq's is the only major brand of root beer in the US that isn't caffiene-free. It also has more of a bite than most others, and isn't as sweet.

I never knew that existed. I'll try to see if it's on the web because I'm interested in seeing that.
    Well, I'm kinda playing with the concept of "Disney"...

TPBs are my main format of reading comics, and everything I really like I buy in trade. I only buy issues for the Ultimate line, The Walking Dead and to try out other books and explore the comicbook world. Most of the time when I really fall in love with a comic book series, I drop the issues immediately and wait for the trade. I was like that with Saga. I followed the first two issues and then thought 'I'm definitely going to start collecting this series.' so I dropped it straight away and then started waiting for the trade. I got Saga vol.1 for Christmas and I LOVED IT. I'm SO excited for the future of that series and the trades that shall be coming my way over the next few years.

There's so many stories I'm interested in, if I had a consistent issue pull list every month, I would never get to try out the amount of comic that I'm able to now. And because there's still so many trades, omnibuses and compendiums that I have yet to buy/read, I don't mind waiting for anything.
    I've always tried to subscribe to everything that catches my eye, but I can't afford to do that anymore. I'm shifting towards TPBs, and I'm really learning to appreciate them. They're more economical, they take up less space, and they provide an altogether different reading experience. It helps that I don't have to buy them on a schedule, like I do with floppies.

(Also, I have become a Saga junkie. I can't get enough of that freakin' book.)
    Last edited by RockyBanks; 01-15-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Nice. =p Have you ever read Y: The Last Man before?

The game has a pretty long story this time round and it takes a while before you do anything really exciting. Sequence 3 has one hell of a twist at the end of it.. the series' biggest twist to date IMO, and if you're into the story, you're going to love it. Let me know what you thought of the twist once you've seen it.
    Okay yea I played up to the big twist. I stopped right when you get to be Connor as a child. I did NOT see that twist coming though. I audibly gasped and jumped out of my chair. Lol.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Nice. =p Have you ever read Y: The Last Man before?
    I have not, but Saga has me curious about BKV's other work. I've read his Ultimate X-Men, of course, and some of his Runaways.

I have not, but Saga has me curious about BKV's other work. I've read his Ultimate X-Men, of course, and some of his Runaways.
    The only other creator owned work of his that I've read is Y: The Last Man, and I'm 5 TPB's in so far. It's insanely good.

On Vacation

The only other creator owned work of his that I've read is Y: The Last Man, and I'm 5 TPB's in so far. It's insanely good.
    agreed. i read the first volume a few months ago and was amazed. i quickly bought the rest and i have to say the walking dead is not even close to the qualility that y the last man has. also did you hear they are making a movie. i would rather have a tv show but either is fine.

From one fellow Saga junkie to another, I can safely say that if you love Saga then you'll probably enjoy Y: The Last Man.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Confession: I am a 27-year-old male, and I am stoked about the Boy Meets World sequel in the works at ABC.

Confession: I am a 27-year-old male, and I am stoked about the Boy Meets World sequel in the works at ABC.
    Wait... are there people NOT stoked about it?!?
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Wait... are there people NOT stoked about it?!?
    Not that I've heard of. Expectations are pretty high, and I've seen a lot of headlines about it.

I'm just gonna feel a little creepy watching it. Topanga Lawrence was pretty much my first crush ever, and Danielle Fishel has only gotten hotter with age.

TAPANGA!!!! Man I miss TGIF, they had the best line up
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

TAPANGA!!!! Man I miss TGIF, they had the best line up
    I never cared for the rest of TGIF. I just tuned in to see Topanga.

I remember having this recurring dream where I take her to the top of the Empire State Building for a romantic, sweeping view of the cityscape...

BANNED

Barq's is a root beer that was first bottled in Biloxi, not far from my hometown. It's now a national brand, and is sold by the Coca-Cola company.
    I've heard Ginger Beer is similarly made but not the same. I thought it might perhaps be the same thing but it isn't.

Barq's is the only major brand of root beer in the US that isn't caffiene-free. It also has more of a bite than most others, and isn't as sweet.
    Sounds delicious. If I can't find it in store, I'm sure I can order some online.

I really like Alcoholic Ginger Beer but it's so sweet you can only really have one pint. Root beer sounds absolutely lush though. I didn't know it had froff on top when poured!! Man, I gotta try that.

Well, I'm kinda playing with the concept of "Disney"...
    Ah, I should've known. Good one.

I've always tried to subscribe to everything that catches my eye, but I can't afford to do that anymore. I'm shifting towards TPBs, and I'm really learning to appreciate them. They're more economical, they take up less space, and they provide an altogether different reading experience. It helps that I don't have to buy them on a schedule, like I do with floppies.
    Yeah, they do read much better. With issues you don't usually get much bang for your buck and it often leads to some fans dropping a title if they don't get enough story. What's worse is that even mods on this forum will literally complain about too much character development.. if there's ever such a thing. It would be no different if a novel's chapters were serialised. Even then, people would complain about lack of development of certain things in each chapter.

In trade, all comicbook stories tend to flow a lot better. Spider-Men is a good example of this. Sure, the fifth issue could have been better as it did feel a little rushed, (six issues would have been perfect) but as a whole the first four issues were literally flawless. CBR hails the story as an instant classic and they are not wrong. And it's Bendis' writing and heavy character development that has made it so special. Spider-Men is one of last year's best comics when read as a whole. But when read as a serialised issue format it all feels a bit "meh".

Have you read any of Robert Kirkman's Invincible? I'm thinking of picking up the Compendium.

Okay yea I played up to the big twist. I stopped right when you get to be Connor as a child. I did NOT see that twist coming though. I audibly gasped and jumped out of my chair. Lol.
    Me too. It was a great twist.

I've become a little bored with the gameplay of Assassin's Creed lately and I'd quite like Ubisoft to quit making yearly releases so that they can get their heads down and really innovate. An improved graphics engine would be nice to see because AC has gotten a little dated whilst other games like Uncharted, FIFA, MGS and HALO are constantly upgrading thier graphical capabilities, at least slightly with each game. The gameplay is still a lot of fun though. The ability to hop along the trees is a nice new addition to the gameplay. But gameplay wise I really want to see a bit more from each sequel. Nowadays I don't really have the time to buy four or five (what I like to call) "yearly updates" every year. That's why I don't play much COD anymore.

But the story is better than ever, I think. I really like how accurately it portrayed the Boston Tea Party and I liked that even though Washington was a good man, his bias agenda of freedom was rather flawed in regards to the slaves. The game isn't afraid of destroying audiences patriotism, which I like because it only concentrates on it's creative piece of work as it weaves through what they try to tell an accurate representation of historical events.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 01-16-2013 at 03:33 PM.