Page 170 of 824 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 12359
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Speaking of digital comics, I haven't seen a Digital Wednesday post in a while. =o
    Nor Preacher #2!

Speaking of digital comics, I haven't seen a Digital Wednesday post in a while. =o
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Nor Preacher #2!
    LOL, there's a reason for that.

BANNED

Got a nice little bundle of things from Amazon today, which I bought with some Christmas money.

I got three TPB's
    Preacher vol. 6: War In The Sun, Preacher vol. 7: Salvation & Saga vol.1

I also got a USB fan delivered from America. I find that the cheapest gadgets always work the best. It only cost 3.70 and there wasn't even any delivery cost. The USB fan is like a plastic mat to put under your PC, laptop or games console or anything like that and it has these little fans on it to help keep your system cool. It's a very cheap and simple product but it's very efficient. It lights up blue too so I got a nice looking neon blue mat under my PS3. I strongly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Got a nice little bundle of things from Amazon today, which I bought with some Christmas money.

I got three TPB's
    Preacher vol. 6: War In The Sun, Preacher vol. 7: Salvation & Saga vol.1

I also got a USB fan delivered from America. I find that the cheapest gadgets always work the best. It only cost 3.70 and there wasn't even any delivery cost. The USB fan is like a plastic mat to put under your PC, laptop or games console or anything like that and it has these little fans on it to help keep your system cool. It's a very cheap and simple product but it's very efficient. It lights up blue too so I got a nice looking neon blue mat under my PS3. I strongly recommend it.
    Can you link it (the usb fan)? I can't seem to locate it.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

You Sissies ready for the most awesome manly movie of 2013?!

Action Comics #16 preview!

The Devil himself is screwing with space time continuum to get at Superman. >:3 Speaking of Superman i've really gotten to enjoy Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafert's Superman run, it's got a great take on Lex Luthor and Superman's not only the badass man of steel he is, he is carrying that sense of confidence you expect from him. Not to mention dat art, from Superman #15:

Earth 2 #8 preview!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I swear, Image is publishing the best damn comics in the world these days. I picked up The Nowhere Men #1 based on a friend's recommendation, and it blew me away. A little similar to The Manhattan Projects, perhaps, but every bit as intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Action Comics #16 preview!

The Devil himself is screwing with space time continuum to get at Superman. >:3 Speaking of Superman i've really gotten to enjoy Scott Lobdell and Kenneth Rocafert's Superman run, it's got a great take on Lex Luthor and Superman's not only the badass man of steel he is, he is carrying that sense of confidence you expect from him. Not to mention dat art, from Superman #15:
    I like Rocafort's style. I'm just not crazy about Lobdell's writing. How does his Superman compare to Red Hood?

Lobdell's Superman has been pretty 'meh' so far. It's still not as good as the first arc, but I'm enjoying it. Due to monetary constraints, this might be one of the title's I'm dropping after the arc finishes up but it all depends on how I like it.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, has been consistently awesome. I loved the latest issue.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Red Hood has more humor & character exchanges, while Lobdell/DC came up with the idea that Superman has to become a blogger even tho this will most likely just resort into him becoming a reporter again for Daily Planet due to the Man of Steel movie and Man of Steel comic by Snyder, it probably has 1 story idea, but the focus right now is on this bad guy H'el who might be DCNU's Bizarro? But not? It's hard to say, but yeah the character designs are very Japanese RPG inspired, i think Scott realized Morrison's T-Shirt + Jeans is Superman's best style so he found an excuse to use it haha.

I'm mumbling too much however, it's hard to compare the two since Lodbell has been on Superman for 3 issues only, but he utilizes his powers incredibly well and gives good action, me gusta.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Yea I don't think it's really fair to compare them yet. RHATO started off good and has been steadily going downhill. Lobdell's Superman has had a pretty decent start, and I would venture to say a better one than RHATO.

Rocky, I agree that Image is putting out some amazing titles. I'll have to check out Nowhere Men. I just read the latest issue of Witch Doctor and it was so good and it reaffirmed my faith in creator-owned comics so much that I decided when I cut down my superhero books I'm going to try and replace them with some good Image titles.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Can you link it (the usb fan)? I can't seem to locate it.
    Here you go.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003...sr=8-8&pi=SL75

3.75 and it'll extend your PS3's life. Bargain.

You Sissies ready for the most awesome manly movie of 2013?!
    Not Michael Bay's Pain & Gain?

A surprising choice for Bay. It actually looks really funny. I laughed out loud when I watched the trailer. I'd love to know what Wyokid thinks of it.

Rocky, I agree that Image is putting out some amazing titles. I'll have to check out Nowhere Men. I just read the latest issue of Witch Doctor and it was so good and it reaffirmed my faith in creator-owned comics so much that I decided when I cut down my superhero books I'm going to try and replace them with some good Image titles.
    That's exactly where I'm at now. Image has kicked so much ass that it's been a wake-up call for me. I'm making a conscious effort now to cut back on superhero titles and read more of these creator-owned titles that I've been ignoring.

I ended up receiving the subscription I was hoping for this Christmas (Avengers Arena), and my first issue-- which turned out to be #2-- just arrived. I've got to say, I really enjoyed it. I've never read anything by Dennis Hopeless before, but he really quickly did some great characterization, and the art was gorgeous.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I ended up receiving the subscription I was hoping for this Christmas (Avengers Arena), and my first issue-- which turned out to be #2-- just arrived. I've got to say, I really enjoyed it. I've never read anything by Dennis Hopeless before, but he really quickly did some great characterization, and the art was gorgeous.
    Agreed. I had low expectations for Arena, but it got its hooks into me.

Does anybody here watch "Once Upon a Time?"
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Does anybody here watch "Once Upon a Time?"
    I've read the first two volumes of Fables. Is that close enough? =p