Page 169 of 824 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 12359

Revengeance isn't a Solid game however remember that, it's purely action and made by High Moon Studios after Konami realized their team isn't so talented at making the extreme action games that the father of Devil may Cry series is. Ground Zeroes is going to be the next Metal Gear Solid game that everyone knows and loves.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderx3000 View Post
    Thinking about picking it up. Do you know where I should start reading?
    I've gotta be honest, it's not a new-reader-friendly book. Batman Incorporated is basically the culmination of Morrison's entire Batman run, and it reaches all the way back to "Batman and Son", his very first storyline from back in 2006. If you were to start with issue #1 from May 2012, you'd be able to enjoy all of the ass-kicking and weird humor, but the story may leave you scratching your head.

If you want a recent jumping-on point, here's what I'd suggest:

- Batman Incorporated (2010 series, 8 issues)
    - Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes! (2011 one-shot)
    - Batman Incorporated (2012 series, currently on issue #6 of 12)

I'd also recommend picking up "Batman and Son" (Batman #655-658, 663-666), which introduces Damian and basically lays out the premise of Morrison's entire 7-year run. Issue #666 is especially good.

Also: Happy New Year, guys.

I just got my wisdom teeth out and I coerced my dad into running to the comic book store for me afterwards. I was too drugged up to go in. =p Now I have 3 weeks of comics to catch up on!
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Haha! Love Doctor Who. Happy New Year guys!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Also: Happy New Year, guys.

Haha! Love Doctor Who. Happy New Year guys!

I've gotta be honest, it's not a new-reader-friendly book. Batman Incorporated is basically the culmination of Morrison's entire Batman run, and it reaches all the way back to "Batman and Son", his very first storyline from back in 2006. If you were to start with issue #1 from May 2012, you'd be able to enjoy all of the ass-kicking and weird humor, but the story may leave you scratching your head.

If you want a recent jumping-on point, here's what I'd suggest:

- Batman Incorporated (2010 series, 8 issues)
    - Batman Incorporated: Leviathan Strikes! (2011 one-shot)
    - Batman Incorporated (2012 series, currently on issue #6 of 12)

I'd also recommend picking up "Batman and Son" (Batman #655-658, 663-666), which introduces Damian and basically lays out the premise of Morrison's entire 7-year run. Issue #666 is especially good.
    Thanks alot:) I'll definitely check it out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    2013 has Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and possibly Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes. Should be a good year.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It's been so long since the last Metal Gear game. I haven't forgotten how awesome they are. Metal Gear 4 was the first game I played on my PS3 and it's one of the few games that is worth playing again and again, just to relive all those amazing moments. Very excited for both Revengeance and Ground Zero! If they're anywhere near as good as Metal Gear 4, 2013 will be a success.
    Although I loved it, MGS4 was easily the worst MGS game. One of my all time current-gen moments is that part where you're in the snow, you come over the hill and the most beautiful music sets in as you look upon Shadow Moses in Hi Def and you're literally stung with nostalgia. I couldn't believe my eyes. But it was just a fan-pleasing trawl for MGS fans, without it being an actual Metal Gear game. It wasn't Tactical Espionage Action. It was just an action game with MGS controls and MGS bosses. It wasn't a stealth game anymore. Ground Zeroes will return the franchise to it's former glory by making it all about infiltrating bases again. Ground Zeroes will be amazing, I know it.

Even though MGS:GZ will be the best thing ever, as well as the biggest MGS game ever, the fact that it's just a prelude to the inevitable Next-Gen MGS5, boggles the mind. And from here on out, the entire franchise will be all open world. MGS:GZ is like a practice run for MGS5, whilst Kojima and his crew try out lots of new ways to push their new FOX engine. There are lots of different enemy bases to tackle at random whenever the player wishes and you can approach each base at any angle.

So who's that kid in the cell featured in Ground Zeroes trailer? Definitely either Solid or Liquid. In this game Big Boss will rescue his clone/son Solid Snake but Major Tom will keep Liquid. And that's why Liquid has a posh British accent. And so I think in MGS5 you might get to play as a young Solid Snake on his very first mission. And then it would link up Metal Gear. There won't be a MGS6 it will just be a Metal Gear remake, detailing WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD Big Boss ACTUALLY betrayed Solid Snake. I can't wait to see that relationship explored.

Most of all I'm excited to see Grey Fox before he became a Cyborg Ninja. I can't wait to work along side him some day. It's bound to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I just got my wisdom teeth out and I coerced my dad into running to the comic book store for me afterwards. I was too drugged up to go in. =p Now I have 3 weeks of comics to catch up on!
    Grant Morrison's writing makes more sense when you're drugged.

Grant Morrison's writing makes more sense when you're drugged.
    I can see why that would be. Lol.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Do you guys ever feel like you read too many superhero comics?

Do you guys ever feel like you read too many superhero comics?
    I've definitely been feeling like that lately. I'm debating on dropping RHATO, Superman, and Swamp Thing (after Snyder's done) depending on how these arcs finish out. I'd much rather spend the money on quality creator-owned series or TPB's of good books I've overlooked. I currently read 5 (Star Trek, Saga, Morning Glories, Witch Doctor, and Brilliant) non-superhero books and 16 superhero books. Is that a good ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I've definitely been feeling like that lately. I'm debating on dropping RHATO, Superman, and Swamp Thing (after Snyder's done) depending on how these arcs finish out. I'd much rather spend the money on quality creator-owned series or TPB's of good books I've overlooked. I currently read 5 (Star Trek, Saga, Morning Glories, Witch Doctor, and Brilliant) non-superhero books and 16 superhero books. Is that a good ratio?
    Oh, I'd hardly be the one to ask. I pull eight books, six of which are superhero titles, but I also read a ton of digital comics that I pick out on a whim.

Oh, I'd hardly be the one to ask. I pull eight books, six of which are superhero titles, but I also read a ton of digital comics that I pick out on a whim.
    Speaking of digital comics, I haven't seen a Digital Wednesday post in a while. =o

CW's 1st look at the Firefly.

Haha oh wow, these designs are so for the hardcore Christopher Nolan fanboys, i mean Firefly is so set to street crime. :D Very happy Arrow is coming back, alongside DC Nation unless CN pulls the plug again.

Top 10 films of 2012:

1) Shame: Powerful movie about addiction & the damage it can cause to yourself and loved ones. Michael Fassbender delivers a truthful portrayal of an sex addict, Steve McQueen doesn’t dare to shy from the explicit sex & Harry Escott’s powerful theme for Brandon is just saddening, haunting but addictive tune.

2) Raid: the Redemption: Hell yeah movie of the year! Beat ‘Em up action with a great vibe of music to get your manly thrills out there, heck yeah, i feel more the man just by thinking about this awesome film. Mad Dog is a hell of an villain and did i mention the action scenes are just wonderful? Yeah, this movie delivered.

3) Moonrise Kingdom: Fantastical romantic comedy with such an powerful orchestrated soundtrack, Kubrick-esque cinematography and a star assmbled cast from Bruce Willis to Edward Norton, you won’t be finding a movie quite like this in a long shot. The sense of adventure and fantasy blends with reality in this tale of two love birds.

4) Haywire: Steven Soderbergh delivers a smooth jazzing spy thriller with Gina Garano as the lead star, she oozes with confidence, sexual charm and most of all: style. Ewan McGregor, Michael Douglas, Antonio Banderas & Michael Fassbender give their talents as well but Gina keeps the spotlight all to herself. David Holmes’ soundtrack is just pure jazz goodness.

5) ParaNorman: Stop-Motion Animated movie that deals with bigotry, prejudice, death & loneliness? ParaNorman delivers emotions and serious subjects thru horror comedy, but it doesn’t forget it’s place as a family movie with fun characters, homages to slasher films and a variety of fun characters.

6) The Grey: Liam Neeson’s late action career as this hard grizled magnificent bastard is becoming a thrill. Joe Carnahan’s movie of the force of nature, the inevitable death that looms over us all was a early surprise hit of the 2012 and definitely a strong contender of the best movies of 2012.

7) Lincoln: Steven Spielberg knows cinema, giving us this historical biography of Lincoln’s struggle for egual rights movement, but he doesn’t shy away from the reality of how cunningly manipulative Lincoln was with his abuse of power, and Daniel-Day Lewis truly transforms into the 16th president of the United States. Incredibly powerful movie, nuff said!

8) J. Edgar: Clint Eastwood doesn’t shy away from the reality that the man who created the FBI was a cruel manipulative man, but also carrying the burden of being a closeted homosexual in a time when gays we’re despised. Judi Dench is fantastic as always, Leonardo Dicaprio & Armie Hammer play their love for each other as real as it must have been back then, while Eastwood waves the tale in an entertaining non-chronological order that keeps revealing more & more of itself as the story unfolds.

9) Dredd: The comic book movie of the year, not to mention the badass buddy cop movie! Karl Urban gives Judge Dredd the badass mofo portrayal he is, the gruff violent force of the law. Director Peter Travers gives an immersive 3D joy ride from beautiful drug illusions, brutal fatalities and a wide range of sceneries that some seem to be taken from your worst nightmares.

10) The Dark Knight Rises: The poor vs. The rich, a city in turmoil, fanatic cultists taking down airplanes as the fire rises and all hell is unleashed by the League of Shadows!? The mere grandscale and scope of epics in the final Christopher Nolan Batman are so vast, so fangasming that i could talk about them all day! Tom Hardy’s excellent acting, the way he utilizes his body & eyes to give such a malicious evil presence, Michael Caine’s Alfred is always excellent and for me Christian Bale is the god damn Batman. Anne Hathaway is an excellent addition to the women playing Catwoman and god damn do i love Joseph-Gordon Levitt! The script should have been revisited and i would have preferred more onlook on the city’s inner turmoil, especially regarding the poor and the rich, but otherwise this was a major summer blockbuster with a fantastic conclusion to the saga.

Honorable mentions in no particular order:
    Chronicle
    Argo
    The Hypnotist
    End of Watch
    Call Girl
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Rise of the Guardians
    Avengers
    Wreck-it Ralph
    Ted
    Man with the Iron Fists
    Arbitrage
    We Need to Talk about Kevin
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
    Cabin in the Woods
    Beasts of the Southern Wild
    Prometheus
    The Pirates! Band of Misfits
    A Dangerous Method
    Carnage
    Jack Reacher
    Intouchables
    The Descendants
    Ides of March
    The Woman in Black
    The Dictator
    This Must be the Place
    Skyfall
    Rock of Ages
    Killer Joe
    The Flowers of War
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
    How I Spent my Summer Vacation
    Salmon Fishing in the Yemen

PS. Now this comes off as a slight rant, but i won’t see Django Unchained, Seven Psychopaths, the Master, Les Miserables, Silver Linings Playbook & Zero Dark Thirty untill 2013, so i will be mising those out, just like last year i missed plenty of movies, some which made to this list. I mean, i could always wait till February 2013 since some of these movies here are purely delayed due to the free marketing they gain from the Oscar awards, but i’m not gonna wait till then personally.
    Last edited by Drz; 01-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog