Page 165 of 824 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 12359
    On Vacation

Anyone else read Justice League this week? It eeirly similar to Ultimatum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Heh true, reminds me of that Facebook picture of prostests, people are only willing to mass protest when it comes to their own money, not for civil rights or war or anything, but simply their own money.

It's a weird and hilarious world where we live in.
    Monetary value takes precedence over all types of value and thus, has psychological effect on human values.

You think that's selfish? Our economy, monetary wealth, the competitive nature of business, finance in general.. it is all selfish. We are all part of a profitable economy. And when scarcity and depravity naturally leads to people willing to do whatever it takes to survive, when profit is accumulated our of greed - or more accurately - human agenda, the logical solutions are completely ignored. Especially when those solutions aren't cost effective.

Weird? It actually makes perfect sense. Monetary value literally shapes the values of people. As it physically has greater value over all other human necessities.

Socioeconomics.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 12-28-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Anyone else read Justice League this week? It eeirly similar to Ultimatum.
    Only in terms of the flooding and possibly the family drama between Aquaman and Ocean Master. Otherwise, it's as similar to Ultimatum as Edith Wharton's Age of Innocence is to Tommy Wiseau's The Room, simply because they both have adultery.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    Only in terms of the flooding and possibly the family drama between Aquaman and Ocean Master. Otherwise, it's as similar to Ultimatum as Edith Wharton's Age of Innocence is to Tommy Wiseau's The Room, simply because they both have adultery.
    Yah all i meant was the giant tidal wave. and the calm before the storm. that was pretty similar.

My list of "Books I Want To Read But Can't Afford" is growing every week.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    My list of "Books I Want To Read But Can't Afford" is growing every week.
    Comics or, as my comic-reading friends and I like to affectionately say, "real" books? ;)
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Comics or, as my comic-reading friends and I like to affectionately say, "real" books? ;)
    Comics, I'm afraid. "Real" books are much more affordable, and they don't seem to hold my attention like they used to...

Comics, I'm afraid. "Real" books are much more affordable, and they don't seem to hold my attention like they used to...
    I had a break from them for awhile, but the Game of Throne series has been intriguing me lately- I'm almost done with the second book, and the first dic of the first season is coming soon from Netflix (it's not on streaming and I don't get HBO). It's really cool: a lot of books and movies and TV shows claim to show all sides with no true bad guy, but this book series is the first one that's really done that for me. Nobody is perfect, and nobody is irredeemable.

I've also been getting into some older stuff. "Pride and Prejudice" is obviously full of Proto-Shipping, so now I'm on "Sense and Sensibility."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Between the Marvel NOW relaunch and Comixology's killer 99-cent sales, I'm discovering a slew of books that want to empty my wallet, but money's just too tight these days for me to pull 15-16 titles like I used to. The upside is that I'm learning to tone down my addiction to instant gratification.

Between the Marvel NOW relaunch and Comixology's killer 99-cent sales, I'm discovering a slew of books that want to empty my wallet, but money's just too tight these days for me to pull 15-16 titles like I used to. The upside is that I'm learning to tone down my addiction to instant gratification.
    OMG who ARE you people who can afford fifteen to sixteen titles? XD I only buy three right now: Ultimate Comics X-Men, All-New X-Men, and Avengers Arena.
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    OMG who ARE you people who can afford fifteen to sixteen titles? XD I only buy three right now: Ultimate Comics X-Men, All-New X-Men, and Avengers Arena.
    Before I had two kids to feed, allocating $60/month for comics wasn't much of a burden. Hell, my wife and I were so bored (and flush with disposable income) that we went to the movies at least once a weekend--something we almost never do anymore.

I am now in Hawaii
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Nitz the Bloody View Post
    Maaaan, i get that Geoff Johns has had this Aquaman story planned further ahead than his Origins story for Justice League, but Justice League is still simply as good as Sam Humphries' Ultimates, and that's not a big praise. The writing still needs ironing for the League, but god damn is Shazam awesome as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I am now in Hawaii

Enjoy your vacation brah!
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Did anyone read Amazing Spider-Man #700? I'm having mixed feelings about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I am now in Hawaii
    Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderx3000 View Post
    Did anyone read Amazing Spider-Man #700? I'm having mixed feelings about it.
    Not yet. I'm broke at the moment--thanks to Christmas--so it'll have to sit in my box until payday.

What're your thoughts?