Page 158 of 824 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I used to, actually, but I was too freaked to say anything. And now the feelings have started to fade, and I just really didn't think it'd be fair to get with somebody if I was almost over them...plus, I'll admit I'm a little scared about the concept of an actual relationship. I really have never had, like, an actual adult one, so I have no clue how to do anything, which I'll admit is cowardly-- I'm going to have to start sometime. I guess it's just bad timing.
    Better to start a proper adult relationship with someone you're interested than to get some "factual experience points" from a friend. Also nomore mr. insecurity! You're a great man! Be headstrong and calm about it. People love confidence.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Anybody else here a fan of cracked.com? Sometimes it's a site that's good for a laugh or two, but occasionally it gives some pretty good advice as well. One of their latest articles, I think, is one of the best in that regard. Anyone else agree or think this is just too harsh for a comedy site?

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You A Better Person
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Apokolips now for 'Wonder Woman' artist Cliff Chiang

The Wonder Woman artist has put a modern spin on designs of Apollo, War, Hermes, Dionysus and other Olympian icons of Greek lore, but starting in his latest issue of the DC Comics series, he and writer Brian Azzarello introduces a fresh take on one of the legendary Jack Kirby's chief New Gods, Orion.

The helmeted warrior with the quasi-futuristic ski/cycle hybrid Astro-Harness was first introduced in Kirby's "Fourth World" comics from the early 1970s along with Orion's evil dad Darkseid, power couple Mister Miracle and Big Barda, and the rest of the denizens of the idyllic New Genesis and its firepit-laden sister world of Apokolips.

Much of the backdrop for Kirby's New Gods, Forever People and other series was a giant cosmic war between good and evil, but the Wonder Woman creative team reintroduces Orion in a smaller story in issue 15 (available Wednesday in comic shops and online). The Highfather has sent him to investigate a mystery that threatens to destroy the universe, and the key lies on Earth, a planet Orion digs.So instead of having ridiculously over-the-top New Gods costumes, the brash Orion has "the attitude of the hottest astronaut in the late '60s. He's got the right stuff," Chiang explains. "We've got him in this motorcycle-racing jacket and these tight black pants and boots, and the Astro-Harness now resembles more of an Italian racing bike.

"It has a more modern context to it, and because of those design cues, you read into it a little bit more. You know who this guy is immediately just by looking at him."

Tackling the new design proved "incredibly difficult," the artist says, but he went from a "It's not broke so don't fix it" mind-set to being encouraged to make the character his own.

"Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Anybody else here a fan of cracked.com? Sometimes it's a site that's good for a laugh or two, but occasionally it gives some pretty good advice as well. One of their latest articles, I think, is one of the best in that regard. Anyone else agree or think this is just too harsh for a comedy site?

6 Harsh Truths That Will Make You A Better Person
    I just read this a few minutes ago and loved it. I read Cracked every day, and my favorite articles are the semi-serious ones, especially the ones by John Cheese.

Spider-Man Fans giving death threats to Dan Slott :(
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Spider-Man Fans giving death threats to Dan Slott :(
    This is just sad. Some people take comic books way too seriously. I didn't take a peek at the spoilers for Amazing Spidey #700 but obviously it's pissing people off just a wee too much. I'm glad that he's reporting the threats and taking legal action. I would. Those punks think it's funny to blow off anger online and feel comforted by the safety behind the glass of their monitor. Just wait until some friendly law officials come ringing at their door and little Johnny has to explain to his mother that he's been misbehaving on the internet.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Arrow new episode promo!

Man this show is being rather awesome quite now, getting the uphill right now.
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    This is just sad. Some people take comic books way too seriously.
    No kidding. WTF is wrong with people?

Man this show is being rather awesome quite now, getting the uphill right now.
    Without a doubt. The mid-season finale was killer.

Indeed, do you watch Spartacus? The actor of Crixus is Deathstroke in the show!
    My Blog

This is a really interesting, sad, powerful, and informative story about sexism in modern media, specifically video games...I think it's quite relevant to the comic-book industry to some degree, as well.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Death of the Family? More like Bromance in the Family:
    My Blog

Indeed, do you watch Spartacus? The actor of Crixus is Deathstroke in the show!
    Really? =o I loved that guy in Spartacus. I may have to check out Green Arrow sometime.

In other news, I saw The Hobbit last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd give it a solid 7/10.

Edit: I was just on Facebook and saw that Spartcus's fan page posted a status congratulating the actor who plays Crixus for his performance as Azog the Defiler in The Hobbit. I did not even realize that was him in the movie. Lol.
    Last edited by Sinx; 12-18-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post

This is a really interesting, sad, powerful, and informative story about sexism in modern media, specifically video games...I think it's quite relevant to the comic-book industry to some degree, as well.
    The video is too much about her however, i'm waiting for the actual arguments coming up, looking at the Kickstarter page this is her project:
    Damsel in Distress - Video #1
    The Fighting F#@k Toy - Video #2
    The Sexy Sidekick - Video #3
    The Sexy Villainess - Video #4
    Background Decoration - Video #5

1st Set of Stretch Goals Achieved!

Voodoo Priestess/Tribal Sorceress - Video #6
    Women as Reward - Video #7
    Mrs. Male Character - Video #8
    Unattractive Equals Evil - Video #9
    Man with Boobs - Video #10
    Positive Female Characters! - Video #11

2nd Stretch Goal Achieved!

Let's Bump up the Production Quality!

3rd Set of Stretch Goals Achieved!

Tropes vs Women in Video Games Classroom Curriculum
    Video #12 - Top 10 Most Common Defenses of Sexism in Games
    It's like, she's going to nitpick for 10 videos about how these tropes are wrong and at the very end i'm suppose to receive the big positive video to learn what gets her stamp of approval? Not to mention when it comes down to it how many people truly care about the tropes such as: Damsel in Distress & Women as a Reward? You know what games i think about from those? Super Mario & Legend of Zelda, do people play these games nowdays for their story, or their gameplay? I mean, i love the Zelda games thats for sure, but don't you think it's the world, the gameplay and the art style that attracts you? Not saving Hyrule (and at times Zelda too) for the zillionth time?

Then you got: Unattractive Equals Evil - This is a trope that has been used for men and women for ages, the most recent pop culture examples would be the Joker & Rauol Silva (Skyfall antagonist). Villains are given disfigurements and other negative elements to add to their evilness.

But who are these videos aimed for? Men? We all here know how to treat women right, we got good female characters and we can make our own female characters with games like Mass Effect and MMORPGs and whatnot. Is this aimed for Women? Gamer girls? Who? What is her motivation to aim at video games? If it's for women, shouldn't he focus on something far more appealing to women such as the horrible treatment of life and giving birth that the Twilight film franchise shoved off to millions of womena nd they just accepted it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Edit: I was just on Facebook and saw that Spartcus's fan page posted a status congratulating the actor who plays Crixus for his performance as Azog the Defiler in The Hobbit. I did not even realize that was him in the movie. Lol.
    Haha yeah holy shit! I couldn't believe it was him, i mean he does have the same deep voice, but he never spoke English so i couldn't recognize.

Arrow has some poor episodes with meh dialogue, but it's it's really hitting it's stride and the negatives can be looked away, much like the ones from Walking Dead's season 2.
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    No kidding. WTF is wrong with people?

Without a doubt. The mid-season finale was killer.

Fans who threaten Dan Slott's life may be jealous that he actually has one of those...

What's on everyone's wish list this Christmas?