Page 155 of 824 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    #firstworldproblems
    Speaking of #firstworldproblems...

Awhile back I found myself complaining on another forum about Marvel's obsession with double-shipping, and some guy called me out and actually made enough sense to me that I had to shut up about it. Granted, the guy acted like a total dick, but he had a point, and I had to concede.

Long story short, any grief caused by Marvel's double-shipping can be resolved with a simple perspective shift: "No one's holding a gun to your head."

Money's tight right now, and my pull list has been slashed accordingly. This leaves me in the uncomfortable position of letting some personal favorites pass me by (such as Dan Slott's Superior Spider-Man). However, as frustrating as it may be to know that I'm missing out on the latest issue, it's easy to forget that those books aren't going away.

In today's comic book market, digital distribution and TPB collections ensure near-perpetual availability. ETEWAF, if you will. Sure, I can't afford to subscribe to Superior Spider-Man right now, but that doesn't mean I can't revisit it later. Comics don't come with an expiration date; my need to keep up-to-date with the latest issue is a "me" problem, and one that is easily overcome. No one's actively pressuring me about "falling behind", and even if they were, they could go suck an egg. Comics are a luxury, and it behooves me as a fan to enjoy them at my leisure and no one else's.

So yes, double-shipping kinda sucks because it forces cash-strapped fans like me to rethink their buying habits. However, if I keep my head on straight, it's entirely possible that I will derive more enjoyment by missing out on those books than if I scrape up the pennies to subscribe from the beginning.

[/soapbox]
    Last edited by RockyBanks; 12-12-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Now, obviously AvX is on top because it was just released. Also, Secret Invasion appears to be OOP or, at least, not carried by Amazon anymore, so that shows some of the problems with using these numbers; it's obviously not going to sell as many copies if it's only carried by third parties. But overall, neither company comes out as the real winner here - their events perform very similarly. If I'm surprised by anything here, it's how well House of M is doing.
    Don't forget again that plenty of the books have been released in softcovers/hardcovers and whatnot, some have or will have an Absolute/Omnibus collection down the line. House of M Omnibus could be possible, it has both the Avengers and the X-Men, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    So you're saying that no, you can't provide any sort of sales examples to show other expensive books that perform as well as AvX just did. In your very first response to the sales numbers, you said there were "tons." It's clear that you're far more interested in bashing Marvel than having any sort of real discourse on the subject. All your examples are circumstantial at best, because there's no number attached to them.
    Fine, the word tons was wrong and i should have used "numeral" or "handful" or "plentiful" instead. :b

PS. I also care more about MWB/CBR Collection boards than Diamondlist when it comes to quality of the product.

Awesome International Wolverine poster:

Money's tight right now, and my pull list has been slashed accordingly. This leaves me in the uncomfortable position of letting some personal favorites pass me by (such as Dan Slott's Superior Spider-Man). However, as frustrating as it may be to know that I'm missing out on the latest issue, it's easy to forget that those books aren't going away.
    Not to mention some people might sell their digital print codes thru ebay and so on for you.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

I may have asked this before, but are any of y'all reading Age of Apocalypse? I'm re-reading The Dark Angel Saga, and it seems like an AoA-based series would be worth reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Not to mention some people might sell their digital print codes thru ebay and so on for you.
    I've actually considered redeeming all of my digital codes and selling off the print copies. It'll save me some storage space and make me a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Don't forget again that plenty of the books have been released in softcovers/hardcovers and whatnot, some have or will have an Absolute/Omnibus collection down the line. House of M Omnibus could be possible, it has both the Avengers and the X-Men, so why not?
    I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, but yeah it's certainly possible. I don't see why Marvel doesn't capitalize on their events by doing an omnibus of each one that contains the main book and a collection of relevant tie-ins (or hell, just do all the tie-ins and make each event 2 or 3 volumes).

Fine, the word tons was wrong and i should have used "numeral" or "handful" or "plentiful" instead. :b
    Still no examples, though?

PS. I also care more about MWB/CBR Collection boards than Diamondlist when it comes to quality of the product.
    Sure, when it comes to quality. But quality, unfortunately, has no place in a sales discussion. Otherwise books like Daredevil and Manhattan Projects would be at the top of the charts. The books that sell well are the popular ones, not the best ones.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I may have asked this before, but are any of y'all reading Age of Apocalypse? I'm re-reading The Dark Angel Saga, and it seems like an AoA-based series would be worth reading.
    I read that series, it started off a bit slow, but about 5 issues in I was hooked
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

So the ring comes in today :D

Now I just have to wait 2 whole months to propose :S
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

YES!!!

Also, Avengers Initiative for iPad was updated today to finally include Captain America :)
    Last edited by Balfro; 12-13-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    YES!!!

Also, Avengers Initiative for iPad was updated today to finally include Captain America :)
    I think that poster is amazing, do you know if they will have those in theatres like traditional posters (but with the motion aspect) or are they strictly on online thing?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

I just finished my cup of coffee, I already want another.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    So the ring comes in today :D

Now I just have to wait 2 whole months to propose :S
    Why do you need to wait so long again? I think you told us, I just can't remember.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

@ Samurai Black
    Holy F***ing ***** *********** *******!!!!!! The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 8 was umbe-frikkin-lievable! THE best thing I've ever seen on telly. I was literally bursting with excitment from start to finish. Also, TYREESE!! Yes! And he has his hammer! Yaaay!

On Vacation

Batman Beyond movie? Jk Jk. its just fan art.

Slaughter Swamp, I seen't Grundy, I seen't him!

Ultimate Warpath is here

now if I could only get an ultimization of Chamber

My life would be complete
    they label me a villain cause of how I express my feelings

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Batman Beyond movie? Jk Jk. its just fan art.