Page 150 of 824 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    And that probably why I like X-files more then Fringe. Steroids aren't good lol.
    They are when it comes to Fringe!! lol. I really like both shows, but I would have to give Fringe the nod if I was forced to pick a favorite. I am currently re-watching the first couple of seasons along side the new one and it is crazy how much stuff is tied in to what happens in future episodes. There is so much small stuff in the background that you would never notice unless you had seen the newer episodes.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    So she's a casual comic book fan, but isn't a geek? I didn't know those existed anymore. How'd you meet?
    We met a long time ago she was a friend of a friend but we didnt talk much or anything. Then a few years ago we ment again through the same friend and started to hang out. Then one day we were just talking about random stuff and comics popped up and the book we both said was "Fables" and after that she never needed to speak again.

...or perhaps surprised to find that I am?
    I dont know what to say, my mind was just blow put back together then blow again, Cool Cool Cool, pop culture, pop culture, butt stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Wait... Canadians know about Hawaii??? WHO TOLD THEM?!?!
    Thats old news man, we have moved on to this girl you guys have down there named Holly Wood. Whats her deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Ouch, February? I think I will hop on board with this series. I have given up my Anti-616 and have been reading Amazing Spider-Man lately and god knows Ultimates is awful so I need some sort of Avengers to fill the void. Plus, I love Nick Spencer so I'm hoping that his LOST-esq storylines will work well with a covert block-ops team book.
    I guess we traded spots then becuase after 700 I am done with 616. I love the book but I cant do the price twice a month and I am tradeing my Ultimate codes for non DC and Marvel stuff already.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    We deserve Hawaii more than you Americans! Our winters are cold and unforgiving...
    And this is why we are so aswesome of a people.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Hickman's Avengers is written for Canadians, it has Captain America in 616 classic outfit getting beaten to a pulp, so he gets a more Ultimized/Movie themed costume to kick-some ass with his pal Wolverine.
    I...dont...understand...

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    I...dont...understand...
    Balfro hates the wings on Cap's head.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    You should check out Hickman's Avengers and Remenders Uncanny Avengers. I think you would really enjoy both.
    I read issue #1 of Uncanny Avengers. It was ok, but not enough for me to keep going. I wanna try New Avengers #1 and Secret Avengers #1, and perhaps Avengers #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Fringe is like X-Files on steroids, it is so freaking awesome!
    FRINGE is amazing! Too bad it's almost over :(

Amen.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Avengers will ship twice a month tho, but New Avengers is really like the Illuminate of superheroes, led by Black Panther!

Justice League of America might be a good replacement for Ultimates too. It's American Government's sanctioned team led by White Nick Fury: Steve Trevor! It also has Martian Manhunter as one man illuminati, now we just have to hope this is the character driven Geoff Johns we're talking about, not the "lol this is what mainstream audiences want" Justice League Johns, even tho his Shazam is awesome.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

I suggest everyone pick up Brian Woods Star Wars comic when it comes out because the previews look freakin awesome. I love his Emperor dialogue. Along with Star Wars Legacy. I will be a pretty big Star Wars fan coming up this year.

I shall. But I'm no where near as big of a fan as I used to be of Star Wars. (I used to know the names of over 200 vehicles)! I want to check this out though. The artwork looks lovely. My only complaint is that Darth Vader's mask looks too menacing. It needs to be blank and emotionless. A fixed blank expression is perfect for incorporating all kinds of emotion into a character, from evil/angry to sad/lonely. Similarly to Halloween's Mike Myers, if you make the mask look too menacing, it becomes almost impossible to make the character sympathetic. But if the expression of the mask is blank, you can do anything with it.

When's the first issue released? I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    PS: Isn't it irritating that 616 Cap now looks more ultimate than Ultimate Cap?!
    Innit?! I think it's devastating. The UU just can't catch a break.

Who doesn't.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I shall. But I'm no where near as big of a fan as I used to be of Star Wars. (I used to know the names of over 200 vehicles)! I want to check this out though. The artwork looks lovely. My only complaint is that Darth Vader's mask looks too menacing. It needs to be blank and emotionless. A fixed blank expression is perfect for incorporating all kinds of emotion into a character, from evil/angry to sad/lonely. Similarly to Halloween's Mike Myers, if you make the mask look too menacing, it becomes almost impossible to make the character sympathetic. But if the expression of the mask is blank, you can do anything with it.

When's the first issue released? I'll check it out.
    January 9th. 200 names of vehicles? damn that's dedication. Was it from books and comics or games? Also can you answer me a question that I have always wondered. Its about the holograms. In the movies it looks like it takes a while for ships to go across space but then when we see someone using a hologram it's almost instantaneous. It is in some sort of different wave length or something?

BANNED

January 9th.
    Sound. Thanks.

200 names of vehicles? damn that's dedication.
    Mate, you don't understand. I was pretty obsessed. For most of my life, from about 6 to 18 years old, I was mad about it. In that space of time it was probably the thing I loved more than anything. And of course like a lot of people I went through a Matrix phase and got really deep into that. They're two things I just had to know everything about.

Was it from books and comics or games?
    Mostly films, lots of Internet research.. a little bit from games, books and comics but not much.. I owned something like 12 Star Wars Encyclopedias that I literally practically knew off by heart, and they were some BIG books too. I've still got most of them I think. I was bonkers for Star Wars.

Then I read Dune and then after that everything I thought about science fiction was different. Especially seeing as Star Wars stole a lot of its ideas from Dune. That broke my heart.

But I think it's unfair to call those stories science fiction. Due to their strong magical elements, they're more Space Fantasy than anything. Novels have Dune, Movies have Star Wars, Comics have Saga.
    The Holy Trinity of Space Fantasy

EXPERIENCE ALL THREE! YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

All three are so unique from each other though. Dune could't be told in any format but Novel literature. Star Wars is a visual, lightsaber wielding, galactic spectical with ILM special effects made for the Cinema. And Saga is the weird comicbook answer to the space fantasy genre.

Also can you answer me a question that I have always wondered. Its about the holograms. In the movies it looks like it takes a while for ships to go across space but then when we see someone using a hologram it's almost instantaneous. It is in some sort of different wave length or something?
    Now you got me thinking. I think the hologram messages are mostly transported physically, like within an R-unit. My guess is that some are live, but they have to be within range of the planet's solar system or something like that.

BANNED

Hey America/Canada. What episode are you on on The Walking Dead Season 3? We just had episode 7 and it was SIIIIICK!! Every week I thoroughly enjoy watching it and usually watch it a second time on record the next day. It's the best thing in TV. Where you at?

Michonne!! I love you!!!!!!!

On Vacation

Mostly films, lots of Internet research.. a little bit from games, books and comics but not much.. I owned something like 12 Star Wars Encyclopedias that I literally practically knew off by heart, and they were some BIG books too. I've still got most of them I think. I was bonkers for Star Wars.
    Haha! I did something similar. Back in the day my family only had one computer and that was when I was really young so most of my time was spent on practically doing nothing but my parents did buy me a ton of those Marvel and DC Encyclopedias. You know the Spider-man and X-men and Batman Encyclopedias. So when I couldn't get on the computer and I didn't have enough money to buy comics I would just sit and read those Encyclopedias. It would show characters I never knew and stories I have still yet to actually read but I swear I read those Encyclopedias over and over just because I really had nothing else to do. Those were pretty fun back then because I could use my imagination to create stories about the characters that I had never seen. Too bad I can't do it now because my imagination kinda sucks lol.

BANNED

Haha! I did something similar. Back in the day my family only had one computer and that was when I was really young so most of my time was spent on practically doing nothing but my parents did buy me a ton of those Marvel and DC Encyclopedias. You know the Spider-man and X-men and Batman Encyclopedias. So when I couldn't get on the computer and I didn't have enough money to buy comics I would just sit and read those Encyclopedias. It would show characters I never knew and stories I have still yet to actually read but I swear I read those Encyclopedias over and over just because I really had nothing else to do. Those were pretty fun back then because I could use my imagination to create stories about the characters that I had never seen. Too bad I can't do it now because my imagination kinda sucks lol.
    I was exactly the same. I still look up my old, great big Marvel Encyclopedia, even if it's really out of date now. The slip cover is all ripped and tattered and I've handed it out to a lot of people. When I was at school (in UK we leave at 16) I used to carry it around in my bag a lot. I was pretty nerdy back then. Lol. Still am. But that's my little secret ;)

Oh, I didnt like or dislike them myself. What I did hate was the look of his boots most of the time.

Hey America/Canada. What episode are you on on The Walking Dead Season 3? We just had episode 7 and it was SIIIIICK!! Every week I thoroughly enjoy watching it and usually watch it a second time on record the next day. It's the best thing in TV. Where you at?

Michonne!! I love you!!!!!!!
    Both Can/USA are on mid season break right now and we just finished episode 8

BANNED

Ah, I thought you were a week ahead.

So episode 8. Don't tell me anything about it. But was it good?

Ah, I thought you were a week ahead.

So episode 8. Don't tell me anything about it. But was it good?
    Yea, it was good.

The more I read about it, the more excited I am getting for The Wolverine. Why isn't it out yet!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!