Page 148 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248648 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 12359
    On Vacation

Honest Trailers - The Dark Knight Rises

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    The comparison to the prison break is fair but I think it's more about throwing the Avengers' (and movie fans) on their ass. When you see the movie cast get utterly pwned, you say, well if they couldn't do it, who can? That's probably the angle Hickman was going for as far as new readers go. As a longtime Marvelite, I thoroughly enjoyed the issue and those last few Cap-centric pages had me shouting in glee. I love Cap SO much.
    Yeah, the last page with Captain America oozed Chris Evans' kind warmness with the smile, but still the argument is that the Moviengers are so noobish, we need these random new guys. It's a double-edged sword, witha 3.99$ price tag and double-shipping, i honestly don't expect this to be on the top sales that long, or well, that big to gain a whole new audience as wide and longerm as something like DC's top titles since their relaunch.
    And I disagree with the Uncanny Avengers critique. He's really building something special with the whole mutant public relations thing. The first half of issue #2 was particularly enthralling. I think, maybe, Marvel calling it the flagship book was a bit of a mistake. As it's own entity, though, it's amazingly well written.
    As it's own entity, it still suffers the same problems. Cyclops is marked as the world's biggest terrorist, while his brother himself has been a ruler too, Logan has done so many awful things and him missing Xavier so hard and bashing Cyclops is laughable. Thor joining the Mutant cause is forced a shell, having #2 open with only Avengers caring about Avalance's destruction is a bad move, where we're the X-Men? Like seriously.
    The solo books have been great though. I traditionally don't read the Thor solo but I decided to pick this one up and have really engrossed in the story. It's amazing. I would have picked up Cap anyway since he's my favorite character but I like Remender's new take on him a lot. I haven't read Hulk yet but I'm sure I'll get around to it.
    Hulk's only problem is some of the non-emotional faces Leinil draws, but the action is bueno.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    Now I am lucky to have a girl that I wouldnt call a nerd or geek but was already down with books like Fables(which is how we got started) and Lock and Key and is always up for a Superhero movie but at the same time has her own style and lieks apart from mine most of which I enjoy. Id post a picture but you know how much I love images but if you can find me on facebook I think there are a few of us on there.
    So she's a casual comic book fan, but isn't a geek? I didn't know those existed anymore. How'd you meet?

Quote Originally Posted by Samorai_black View Post
    I love it, if I were to ever meet Rocky in person I will be upset to find out he is not a gorilla.
    ...or perhaps surprised to find that I am?

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I suggest everyone pick up Brian Woods Star Wars comic when it comes out because the previews look freakin awesome. I love his Emperor dialogue. Along with Star Wars Legacy. I will be a pretty big Star Wars fan coming up this year.
    Impressive. Most impressive.

I have never really been in touch with the 616-verse at all, but I just read that Hickman's Avengers was finally released. I was just wondering, why did it take so long? He's left the Ultimates for...9 months now?

But on a related note, given the extremely poor quality we're getting in Ultimates, I am thinking of dropping Ultimates and start following Avengers. Just cause it's Hickman. (Actually cause of the art too. The art from the preview is beautiful!! It reminds me of the Ultimate issues where Ribic and Dean White were still on the book. I don't think we've been giving Dean White enough credit; his colors are out of the world!)

Can't believe I'm dropping an Ultimate book for a 616 book. Shame on me.

PS: Isn't it irritating that 616 Cap now looks more ultimate than Ultimate Cap?!
    Last edited by Fizicks; 12-06-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Quote Originally Posted by Fizicks View Post
    I have never really been in touch with the 616-verse at all, but I just read that Hickman's Avengers was finally released. I was just wondering, why did it take so long? He's left the Ultimates for...9 months now?
    He implied he also left due to the editorial demanding an event to happen because of the New 52 DC relaunch eating Marvel, but he also had to finish his Fantastic Four run, he has his creator-owned projects he's interested about and Avengers will ship 24 issues a year, while New Avengers 12.
    But on a related note, given the extremely poor quality we're getting in Ultimates, I am thinking of dropping Ultimates and start following Avengers. Just cause it's Hickman. (Actually cause of the art too. The art from the preview is beautiful!! It reminds me of the Ultimate issues where Ribic and Dean White were still on the book. I don't think we've been giving Dean White enough credit; his colors are out of the world!)
    Yeah i think plenty of people are going to do that, not to mention theres Nick Spencer's Secret Avengers which seems to cater around the Ultimates/Ultimate Avengers fan category:

Nick Spencer interview on Secret Avengers relaunch

PS: Isn't it irritating that 616 Cap now looks more ultimate than Ultimate Cap?!
    Eh, Ultimate Captain America looks like his original design, but i did like the military helmet Hitch gave him for Ultimates 2. Remember the awful idea of Captain America having ghetto armor for some reason? The ideas Humphries comes up with lol.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    He implied he also left due to the editorial demanding an event to happen because of the New 52 DC relaunch eating Marvel, but he also had to finish his Fantastic Four run, he has his creator-owned projects he's interested about and Avengers will ship 24 issues a year, while New Avengers 12.
    He finished his FF run but left Ultimates to an incompetent rookie?!

Yeah i think plenty of people are going to do that, not to mention theres Nick Spencer's Secret Avengers which seems to cater around the Ultimates/Ultimate Avengers fan category:

Nick Spencer interview on Secret Avengers relaunch
    Looks interesting...might have to check it out too.

That cover by Leinil though just reminded me again of how ugly his art has become.
    I still remember how beautiful his art was back when he did Superman Birthright.

Eh, Ultimate Captain America looks like his original design, but i did like the military helmet Hitch gave him for Ultimates 2. Remember the awful idea of Captain America having ghetto armor for some reason? The ideas Humphries comes up with lol.
    Yea, I was mainly referring to the military helmet introduced in Ultimates 2. It really sealed the deal for me as an "ultimate" design.

Regarding the ghetto costume, according to one of Humphries tweets back then, "the country needs him, he has no time to pick up his laundry" (something alone these lines)
    Where'd he get that beautiful bucket helmet? Beats me. (that was sarcasm by the way)
    Last edited by Fizicks; 12-07-2012 at 07:15 AM.
    Bring back Ultimate Doctor Doom

Can't believe I'm dropping an Ultimate book for a 616 book. Shame on me.
    No shame whatsoever, sir. Read good comics, and forget the rest. I dropped The Ultimates with #18, so the only UC title I'm pulling now is Spider-Man.

That doesn't bug me as much as the way the 616 stole our Nick Fury.

It is dead at work today, I'm bored out of my mind.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

When does Secret Avengers come out?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    When does Secret Avengers come out?
    Not soon enough
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Not soon enough
    Ouch, February? I think I will hop on board with this series. I have given up my Anti-616 and have been reading Amazing Spider-Man lately and god knows Ultimates is awful so I need some sort of Avengers to fill the void. Plus, I love Nick Spencer so I'm hoping that his LOST-esq storylines will work well with a covert block-ops team book.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I was set to fly out to Hawaii this weekend for a business trip, but it was cancelled today.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I was set to fly out to Hawaii this weekend for a business trip, but it was cancelled today.

AW how come? :(

T-Minus 22 days until I go to Hawaii for a month :)

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    AW how come? :(

T-Minus 22 days until I go to Hawaii for a month :)
    Just a scheduling conflict with some of the other team members.

You're gonna put on a grass skirt and post pics/videos of yourself hula dancing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    You're gonna put on a grass skirt and post pics/videos of yourself hula dancing, right?
    ...Well NOW I am