Page 147 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247647 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Has anyone here been in a relationship with a normal/flatscan/muggle/mundane? If so...how did that work? (Sinx, please do tell.)
    That all depends on what your definition of "normal/flatscan'muggle/mundane" really is. Because I think everyone has a skewed definition of "normal" to some degree. In my own family, I didn't consider my sister much of a geek. In fact, the only thing she really seemed to have an occasional interest in is Spider-Man. But she got married recently and the guy she married is a huge Star Wars fan. How huge? He has the Millennium Falcon tattooed on his bicep. So in that sense I think a relationship can definitely work, but again it depends on your definition of normal.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post

But it's the Hunger Games...with super-powers!!!! Maybe this makes me a terrible fan, but I'm SO EXCITED. ^_^ Then again, I only know the Runaways and X-23...

Y'know what else reminds me of the Hunger Games? Far Cry 3. Anyone getting it?
    Nah. It doesn't. It just means the premise works for you. I can't claim to speak for all fans of the characters involved. I'm sure some will look forward to it and others won't.

I've not read Hunger Games, but in general I'm not big on deathmatch scenarios like Battle Royale.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    That all depends on what your definition of "normal/flatscan'muggle/mundane" really is. Because I think everyone has a skewed definition of "normal" to some degree. In my own family, I didn't consider my sister much of a geek. In fact, the only thing she really seemed to have an occasional interest in is Spider-Man. But she got married recently and the guy she married is a huge Star Wars fan. How huge? He has the Millennium Falcon tattooed on his bicep. So in that sense I think a relationship can definitely work, but again it depends on your definition of normal.
    Sure, yeah. What I mean is your impression of non-geek/non-nerd. All totally subjective, of course.

Anyone else here addicted to Duck Dynasty?

And now it's time for another round of...Give Advice to Zap!

So I just got my first college acceptance letter. Hurray! On the flipside, my best friend was just rejected from that college this weekend. It's a back-up school for me, and it's her dream school. She's pretty sad she didn't get in, so I'm thinking I should wait awhile before I mention it to her...?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

On Vacation

So I just got my first college acceptance letter. Hurray! On the flipside, my best friend was just rejected from that college this weekend. It's a back-up school for me, and it's her dream school. She's pretty sad she didn't get in, so I'm thinking I should wait awhile before I mention it to her...?
    Might as well get it over with. Mentioning it later will probably make her more jealous of you and cause less friendship. The benefits of saying it now is that you are surprised about it so it's honest unlike if you say it later which will sound kinda fake. Either way she will probably still be mad so I feel for you. You should probably get a consensus first from everyone opinion's because there is a likelihood that I am wrong.

On Vacation

So I browsed over Avengers 1 at hastings. Too much hype before the issue came out. And then I read it and really wasn't that impressed. I'm sure Hickman will tell us the origins of Ex Nihilo and the others but like always he seems to have a problem with writing things that are just there without explaining anything. Also it may just be me but Hickman's inner dialogue is hella annoying. I liked it in Fantastic Four and Ultimates but all these words that seem to make the reader work harder to understand it is just wrong. People don't use most of the words that he writes. I did like the artwork though. However it wasn't impressive at all like his first issue of Ultimates. this first issue felt more like he was doing a chore before getting into the meat of the story. Also it was kind of cliche. John carter anyone?
    6/10

Also I might be biased since I kinda hate the guy now as a person after his avengers q + a. I really hope all this big stuff doesn't go to his head.

In other news All-new x-men is awesome. I didn't think I would like it this much but Bendis is perfect. Slight bendis speak but I'm use to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    When I was 26 I was dating a girl the same age as me and she had the mindset of an 18 year old in that she would go out clubbing and get completely smashed every weekend, and even on weeknights too. She couldn't understand why I thought it was weird. She thought I was the weird one for wanting to have a nice quiet romantic dinner for two. Her idea of a date involved lots of alcohol and getting hit on (and have drinks bought) by other men.

Needless to say I ended that one pretty quick. Shame too, because she was fuckin' smokin'. But sometimes a girl that sexy is just not worth the bullshit they put you through.

My girlfriend now is into the same stuff I am, and can be quite nerdy (except for video games, she doesn't like those). Her and I will hit the bar once in a while, but it's not like a regular thing for us to get wasted. She fits me way better than that other girl.
    Yeah, see, thats what i'd like, but i don't feel lonely or in a need for a relationship, so i'm just happy with what i have right now.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So I browsed over Avengers 1 at hastings. Too much hype before the issue came out. And then I read it and really wasn't that impressed. I'm sure Hickman will tell us the origins of Ex Nihilo and the others but like always he seems to have a problem with writing things that are just there without explaining anything. Also it may just be me but Hickman's inner dialogue is hella annoying. I liked it in Fantastic Four and Ultimates but all these words that seem to make the reader work harder to understand it is just wrong. People don't use most of the words that he writes. I did like the artwork though. However it wasn't impressive at all like his first issue of Ultimates. this first issue felt more like he was doing a chore before getting into the meat of the story. Also it was kind of cliche. John carter anyone?
    6/10

Also I might be biased since I kinda hate the guy now as a person after his avengers q + a. I really hope all this big stuff doesn't go to his head.

In other news All-new x-men is awesome. I didn't think I would like it this much but Bendis is perfect. Slight bendis speak but I'm use to it now.
    What did he do in his q/a that made you mad? I only made it to like page 8 of the thread.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What did he do in his q/a that made you mad? I only made it to like page 8 of the thread.
    A lot of his answers to people were really demeaning to the questioner. In that terms I have a lot of respect for Brian Wood when he answers questions. at least he politely says he can't say something but tries to give as much information about it. Brian Wood is really patient. Wood went up my list to favorite writer to tell you the truth. It was Hickman but that ship has sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Has anyone here been in a relationship with a normal/flatscan/muggle/mundane? If so...how did that work? (Sinx, please do tell.)
    Muggles, I thought we got rid of them back in 2006? I dont think anyone fits the but I know what your getting at and yes, yes I have. It was pretty easy becuase we had interestes in other things and it's not like I wouldnt watch Americas next top model every so often or The Note Book(which is a really good movie) I even read and enjoyed the Twlight books and waited in line early to see the first and second movies. As for her I was reading Fables and told her about it and after readign the first trade she loved it as well at the time I got her into Heroes Tv show there were times when she went to the comic book store for me. She was not much of a gamer but we played Super Nintendo games and a few other easy type ones. This was a while back though and shes long gone.

Now I am lucky to have a girl that I wouldnt call a nerd or geek but was already down with books like Fables(which is how we got started) and Lock and Key and is always up for a Superhero movie but at the same time has her own style and lieks apart from mine most of which I enjoy. Id post a picture but you know how much I love images but if you can find me on facebook I think there are a few of us on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Where do you find all of these awesome gorilla pictures?
    I love it, if I were to ever meet Rocky in person I will be upset to find out he is not a gorilla.

If your going to go to that college you might as well do it but if not I dont really see the need. In the end though if you guys are best friends it shouldnt be a problem if you do tell and if it is I dont think she will be mad/upset/etc. at you for long.

6/10

I read this as well and it is the reason I came on today, I thought Plawsky would have already said something about it. I thought it started great but I quickly lost interests the more I read but I felt the same way with his first issue of Ultimates so I will check out the next issue to really make a judgment. The other part that bothered me was the look, I could only think Ultimates when I read this book but I think it had do do with the colouring. I didnt find the art bad in anyway it just brings back great images of the Hickman Ultimates.

I would give it 5/10 just an avarage single issue.

A lot of his answers to people were really demeaning to the questioner. In that terms I have a lot of respect for Brian Wood when he answers questions. at least he politely says he can't say something but tries to give as much information about it. Brian Wood is really patient. Wood went up my list to favorite writer to tell you the truth. It was Hickman but that ship has sailed.
    I read the first 30 or so pages of that thread, and I didn't see anything that would be rude coming from Hickman. Some of his responses might have been quick or terse - a quick "no" or "can't answer that" or "that's asking for spoilers" - but he was also answering hundreds of questions.

As for his debut issue, it was absolutely fantastic. Sure, it was mostly set up, but it's a #1, most of them are. There was a lot of great world building going on. And just like in any Hickman book, the design elements were outstanding. The graphic on the final page is mind blowing.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I don't know, using the Moviengers as a hook up and having them essantially taken out for the time being so we can get out the brand new Avengers out there is practically as forced decision as the prison break that began with New Avengers. So far my favorite things coming out of Marvel NOW have been Incredible Hulk, Thor & Captain America. Uncanny and Avengers suffer from too much hype, or well the writers just don't deliver on that scale, which has been a major disappointment from Remender, too much continuity nods, forced dialogue and so forward regarding Cyclops & Xavier.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    I don't know, using the Moviengers as a hook up and having them essantially taken out for the time being so we can get out the brand new Avengers out there is practically as forced decision as the prison break that began with New Avengers. So far my favorite things coming out of Marvel NOW have been Incredible Hulk, Thor & Captain America. Uncanny and Avengers suffer from too much hype, or well the writers just don't deliver on that scale, which has been a major disappointment from Remender, too much continuity nods, forced dialogue and so forward regarding Cyclops & Xavier.
    The comparison to the prison break is fair but I think it's more about throwing the Avengers' (and movie fans) on their ass. When you see the movie cast get utterly pwned, you say, well if they couldn't do it, who can? That's probably the angle Hickman was going for as far as new readers go. As a longtime Marvelite, I thoroughly enjoyed the issue and those last few Cap-centric pages had me shouting in glee. I love Cap SO much.

And I disagree with the Uncanny Avengers critique. He's really building something special with the whole mutant public relations thing. The first half of issue #2 was particularly enthralling. I think, maybe, Marvel calling it the flagship book was a bit of a mistake. As it's own entity, though, it's amazingly well written.

The solo books have been great though. I traditionally don't read the Thor solo but I decided to pick this one up and have really engrossed in the story. It's amazing. I would have picked up Cap anyway since he's my favorite character but I like Remender's new take on him a lot. I haven't read Hulk yet but I'm sure I'll get around to it.
    Comics are more better.

On Vacation

I suggest everyone pick up Brian Woods Star Wars comic when it comes out because the previews look freakin awesome. I love his Emperor dialogue. Along with Star Wars Legacy. I will be a pretty big Star Wars fan coming up this year.