Page 146 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 12359

Has anyone here been in a relationship with a normal/flatscan/muggle/mundane? If so...how did that work? (Sinx, please do tell.)

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Has anyone here been in a relationship with a normal/flatscan/muggle/mundane? If so...how did that work? (Sinx, please do tell.)
    My girfriend's not a nerd by any means, but she entertains my hobbies. I remember having a conversation with her years ago, trying to explain the idea of parallel universes... that was quite the chore. But now she knows better, and she's become a comic fan, at least by proxy. I was really proud when she told me that several of her friends thought the Avengers movie looked dumb, but she told them how excited she was. And she'll read stuff I recommend to her.

But I don't see myself ever getting her to competently play Halo with me. That just won't happen.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I was really proud when she told me that several of her friends thought the Avengers movie looked dumb, but she told them how excited she was.
    I imagine that playing out something like this.

I imagine that playing out something like this.
    Yep. Seems about right.

I also hold pop quizzes where she has to give me the alter ego of different super heroes. Or name all the X-Men in the 4-part X-Men #1 variant on my wall. She does pretty well most of the time, but she can never remember Psylocke for some reason.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

BANNED

NO ANDREA! DON'T SLEEP WITH THE GOVERNOR!!

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Also what happened to RobbieJ? He got banned. A lot of my forum buddies are gone. MrV, Wyokid, Samori_Black,TheCrimson and RobbieJ I think my plan is to write 7 more issues of Ultimates over Christmas break. Redoing the whole DWF/UWS arc. Then I'm quitting the forums. It's not fun anymore.
    Ah thanks, sage. I'm back now though. I'm also going to start posting on here a lot less. But I'l still be posting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Superman: Earth One volume 1 is a 6/10 and the 2nd volume is a 7/10, they're incredibly flawed & written for the most mainstream of audiences, instead of trying to inspire and be osmething much more creative and thus becoming a phenomon, something like Watchmen (which i dislike by the way) alongside Dark Knight Returns accomplished. It's like the Disney Marvel movies, mainstream successes with their routine of having tons of laughs and heroic heroes.

Batman: Earth One i loved, much less flaws and very interesting takes on the characters.
    Although I would give vol.2 8/10 instead of 7/10, I completely agree with you. But 6/10 is a decent comic. I really enjoyed both of them.

"Star Wars: Legacy" Returns In 2013
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42465
    So i'm actually more excited for this series then Brain Wood's star wars. weird

The first comics I ever read were Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I've got all nine volumes in TPB. They were pretty good, but not great. Sometimes they were rather boring. But they're the only Star Wars comics I've read. What Star Wars comics do you recommend, sage? Is Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi any good?

New Superman poster:
    Oh my god. =o

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    The new Superman poster is pretty cool. It's not as cool as this, though:
    I disagree. Superman looks PERFECT in that poster. That's the first I've seen of him and I'm absolutely astounded.

(Iron Man 3 will be the best Iron Man film yet. But it will indefinetly be inferior to the Man of Steel. Trust).

That's why you have find a nice, 'normal' girl, convince her you're not a nerd in the beginning, then slowly manipulate her to see comic book movies, read comic books, and then play video games. It's worked for me. =p
    Ratchet & Clank. Nuff said.

I think, if you can't be friends with her, you'll get bored with her.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 12-05-2012 at 02:30 PM.

On Vacation

Ah thanks, sage. I'm back now though. I'm also going to start posting on here a lot less. But I'l still be posting a bit.
    Ah that's cool.

The first comics I ever read were Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I've got all nine volumes in TPB. They were pretty good, but not great. Sometimes they were rather boring. But they're the only Star Wars comics I've read. What Star Wars comics do you recommend, sage? Is Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi any good?
    I have only ever read Star Wars Legacy to tell you the truth. So I might be biased but Legacy was one of my favorite series. I can't really recommend anything other sorry. I am so glad its coming back though because I really missed it.

I disagree. Superman looks PERFECT in that poster. That's the first I've seen of him and I'm absolutely astounded.
    I found the poster to be not that good. I do like his costume though but hand cuffs! come on! and soldiers arresting him. not entirely believable unless he turns himself in which is probably what happened.

BANNED

I have only ever read Star Wars Legacy to tell you the truth. So I might be biased but Legacy was one of my favorite series. I can't really recommend anything other sorry. I am so glad its coming back though because I really missed it.
    I'll look into it.

[/QUOTE]I found the poster to be not that good. I do like his costume though but hand cuffs! come on! and soldiers arresting him. not entirely believable unless he turns himself in which is probably what happened.[/QUOTE]
    I expect he does turn himself in. I'm just so pleased with how good he looks. It really makes me happy because it can be hard to make a costume like that work.

That's why you have find a nice, 'normal' girl, convince her you're not a nerd in the beginning, then slowly manipulate her to see comic book movies, read comic books, and then play video games. It's worked for me. =p
    Nah, for me a "normal" girl is too involved with constantly clubbing and getting drunk/high, i'm not interested in that. Any Guy/Gal can be into comic book movies because of their pop culture entertainment or maybe even play games, but i prefer my partners slutty and nerdy, like i am.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Nah, for me a "normal" girl is too involved with constantly clubbing and getting drunk/high, i'm not interested in that. Any Guy/Gal can be into comic book movies because of their pop culture entertainment or maybe even play games, but i prefer my partners slutty and nerdy, like i am.
    When I was 26 I was dating a girl the same age as me and she had the mindset of an 18 year old in that she would go out clubbing and get completely smashed every weekend, and even on weeknights too. She couldn't understand why I thought it was weird. She thought I was the weird one for wanting to have a nice quiet romantic dinner for two. Her idea of a date involved lots of alcohol and getting hit on (and have drinks bought) by other men.

Needless to say I ended that one pretty quick. Shame too, because she was fuckin' smokin'. But sometimes a girl that sexy is just not worth the bullshit they put you through.

My girlfriend now is into the same stuff I am, and can be quite nerdy (except for video games, she doesn't like those). Her and I will hit the bar once in a while, but it's not like a regular thing for us to get wasted. She fits me way better than that other girl.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

I have, like, zip romantic experience. I guess that's something to look forward to in college?

Quote Originally Posted by arkon View Post
    Nope. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm not sure I want to see some of my favourite characters from Avengers Academy put through that kind of thing. The premise is the main sticking point and as I've never read the writer's work before that makes me even more wary. I won't completely write it off but I'm certainly not spending any money on trying it out unless I hear good comments about it 4-5 issues into the run. There's more deserving books IMO, or to put it another way more enticing books for me: see Hickman's Avengers which also has the bonus of Opena artwork.
    But it's the Hunger Games...with super-powers!!!! Maybe this makes me a terrible fan, but I'm SO EXCITED. ^_^ Then again, I only know the Runaways and X-23...

Y'know what else reminds me of the Hunger Games? Far Cry 3. Anyone getting it?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

^ I was. I haven't bought an FPS for a while now and was thinking of plunging back into the shooter genre now that I have a PS3 again. The mechanics look solid.

What other games are you looking forward to? Are you into Metal Gear Solid?

Well I started dating my girlfriend before senior prom (it's been over three years since then) and she was one of the sort of smart, popular, and attractive girls that I thought wouldn't ever be attracted to me. It just so happened that we ended up in the same group project with a bunch of our other friends towards the end of the year, and I eventually asked her out to prom. After prom, we started going on proper dates and stuff. She's never had a dislike for nerdy stuff, I mean she was a huge lover of Ocarina of Time before I even met her, and she had a suspicious talent for Halo 2 when I played her in it once, but she's definitely grown closer to nerd culture since I've gotten her to read comics. She'll read whatever I give her and she actually likes to discuss aspects of the books that she liked and didn't like. She's almost up to Ultimatum in her read through of the UU so we'll see how that goes over. So yea, I wouldn't describe her as normal/flatscan/muggle/mundane. Although her and I do go out to the bars and get drunk sometimes, she doesn't enjoy getting hit on by other men and she likes to go Dutch, so that works out rather well. =p

Here's a picture for you. =p

Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    When I was 26 I was dating a girl the same age as me and she had the mindset of an 18 year old in that she would go out clubbing and get completely smashed every weekend, and even on weeknights too. She couldn't understand why I thought it was weird. She thought I was the weird one for wanting to have a nice quiet romantic dinner for two. Her idea of a date involved lots of alcohol and getting hit on (and have drinks bought) by other men.

Needless to say I ended that one pretty quick. Shame too, because she was fuckin' smokin'. But sometimes a girl that sexy is just not worth the bullshit they put you through.

My girlfriend now is into the same stuff I am, and can be quite nerdy (except for video games, she doesn't like those). Her and I will hit the bar once in a while, but it's not like a regular thing for us to get wasted. She fits me way better than that other girl.
    A co-worker of mine once famously asked, "Is the $%&#ing you get worth the $%&#ing you get?"

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I have, like, zip romantic experience. I guess that's something to look forward to in college?
    I guess so, but I wouldn't know firsthand. My wife and I have been together since high school.

Well I started dating my girlfriend before senior prom (it's been over three years since then) and she was one of the sort of smart, popular, and attractive girls that I thought wouldn't ever be attracted to me. It just so happened that we ended up in the same group project with a bunch of our other friends towards the end of the year, and I eventually asked her out to prom. After prom, we started going on proper dates and stuff. She's never had a dislike for nerdy stuff, I mean she was a huge lover of Ocarina of Time before I even met her, and she had a suspicious talent for Halo 2 when I played her in it once, but she's definitely grown closer to nerd culture since I've gotten her to read comics. She'll read whatever I give her and she actually likes to discuss aspects of the books that she liked and didn't like. She's almost up to Ultimatum in her read through of the UU so we'll see how that goes over. So yea, I wouldn't describe her as normal/flatscan/muggle/mundane. Although her and I do go out to the bars and get drunk sometimes, she doesn't enjoy getting hit on by other men and she likes to go Dutch, so that works out rather well. =p

Here's a picture for you. =p

Sir, thou livest the dream.

Sir, thou livest the dream.
    I truly am lucky. =p I also forgot to mention that she went to Chicago Comic Con with me and we met Jer there.

Where do you find all of these awesome gorilla pictures?
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

I truly am lucky. =p I also forgot to mention that she went to Chicago Comic Con with me and we met Jer there.

Where do you find all of these awesome gorilla pictures?
    http://images.google.com