Page 145 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Recommended Cable reading please. :b
    The solo series was pretty good, and Cable and Deadpool was awesome fun. For the solo series pick it up starting after he takes hope into the future to protect her.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

New Superman poster:

Eh, i guess?

Awesome Hawkeye fanart
    , Zappy Time is having dem boners right now i bet.

Justice League movie villain revealed?

I like this quote regarding the news: Have Warner Bros. inadvertently doomed themselves to looking like a bit of a rip off?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

That short comic strip on the previous page is indeed sad. =(

The new Superman poster is pretty cool. It's not as cool as this, though:

As for Darkseid being the villain for the Justice League film, when I read that news I gave an audible moan. I'm not a fan of him, or many other 'planetary scale' villains. Booooo, Warner Bros. Pick a new one.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post

As for Darkseid being the villain for the Justice League film, when I read that news I gave an audible moan. I'm not a fan of him, or many other 'planetary scale' villains. Booooo, Warner Bros. Pick a new one.
    Yah I don't really like Darkseid either. Bad choice. Personally I would have chosen Brainiac from the Justice League cartoon because that was pretty fun. I would love to see flash destroy Brainiac in live-action.

Wow, really not a fan of that Superman poster. There's nothing exciting about it. Cavill certainly looks the part, though. Star Trek wins hands down in this contest. There's not a superhero more iconic than Superman, it should be easy to make an awesome poster for him.

Darkseid... I don't mind. To be honest, I don't know much about the JL's rogues, but I feel like they should have picked someone COMPLETELY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE different from Thanos. I'm not saying they are very similar characters, but they're close enough that they represent similar cosmic-type threats to the respective teams. I'm really excited for the JL movie and the potential of a DC film universe, so I don't want their to be any missteps. As of now, it seems like JL is going to be grasping for air in the wake of Avengers 2, which will come out before JL. I'm sure it will do well regardless, but DC has to get everything right for this to work out.

That said, I really like the idea of JGL being Batman as John Blake, but I know I'm in the minority there. I'd also like Ryan Reynolds as GL.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Yah I don't really like Darkseid either. Bad choice. Personally I would have chosen Brainiac from the Justice League cartoon because that was pretty fun. I would love to see flash destroy Brainiac in live-action.

Which movie is that from?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Which movie is that from?
    It's not from a movie its from the justice league cartoon series. season finale. my dad and I were watching it when the episode came out. we both cheered really loud at this scene.

I want Levitt as Batman! Blake was my fab character in the third movie and I wanted so bad for him to take the mantle but the best we got was just assuming he took it.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

You know it's really hard to find a gamer/nerd girlfriend it's becoming rather sad.
    Eh, too Dark Knight inspired, but i like the way the logo comes off.
    Yeah. Why not go with a different route that Marvel is going and go mythological/magic approached? I guess sci-fi is just way easier with Superman & Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    Wow, really not a fan of that Superman poster. There's nothing exciting about it. Cavill certainly looks the part, though. Star Trek wins hands down in this contest. There's not a superhero more iconic than Superman, it should be easy to make an awesome poster for him.
    While there is no defending the lazyness of the poster, it is "supposingly" a teaser one. Hobbit has a Superman trailer attached to it, here's hoping for the best.
    Darkseid... I don't mind. To be honest, I don't know much about the JL's rogues, but I feel like they should have picked someone COMPLETELY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE different from Thanos. I'm not saying they are very similar characters, but they're close enough that they represent similar cosmic-type threats to the respective teams. I'm really excited for the JL movie and the potential of a DC film universe, so I don't want their to be any missteps. As of now, it seems like JL is going to be grasping for air in the wake of Avengers 2, which will come out before JL. I'm sure it will do well regardless, but DC has to get everything right for this to work out.
    Damn straight!

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I want Levitt as Batman! Blake was my fab character in the third movie and I wanted so bad for him to take the mantle but the best we got was just assuming he took it.
    YOu a fan of Dick Grayson/Terry Batman?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

You know it's really hard to find a gamer/nerd girlfriend it's becoming rather sad.
    That's why you have find a nice, 'normal' girl, convince her you're not a nerd in the beginning, then slowly manipulate her to see comic book movies, read comic books, and then play video games. It's worked for me. =p
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

That's why you have find a nice, 'normal' girl, convince her you're not a nerd in the beginning, then slowly manipulate her to see comic book movies, read comic books, and then play video games. It's worked for me. =p
    Man, I can't even fathom being with a normal.

YOu a fan of Dick Grayson/Terry Batman?
    I've always found Batman's supporting cast far more interesting than himself, and the other Batmen (Dick/Damian/Terry) are especially fascinating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Man, I can't even fathom being with a normal.

I've always found Batman's supporting cast far more interesting than himself, and the other Batmen (Dick/Damian/Terry) are especially fascinating to me.
    Oh God we've been reading too many X-Men comics, this is just one jump away from going to see Days of Future Past, rolling our eyes and complaining about all the "flatscans" in the audience.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Oh God we've been reading too many X-Men comics, this is just one jump away from going to see Days of Future Past, rolling our eyes and complaining about all the "flatscans" in the audience.
    Yeah, the word "flatscan" crossed my mind as I wrote that. I'm also reminded of a quote from Ghostbusters II...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Venkman
    Boys, boys. You're scaring the straights!

While there is no defending the lazyness of the poster, it is "supposingly" a teaser one. Hobbit has a Superman trailer attached to it, here's hoping for the best.
    Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be THE poster, but it still sucks. It's a cool idea, superman in custody, but it doesn't work as a movie poster. Just have the S logo or Superman flying or superman standing with his fists on his hips, cape blowing in the wind. There are so many ways to make a Superman poster that just screams "YAY SUPERMAN!!!!" and this is not one of them.

Just like it will be extremely easy (in theory) to make a badass JL poster, as long as it's not lazy like this one.

Let's just hope Man of Steel is better than this poster.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    So is anybody here checking out Avengers Arena?
    Nope. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm not sure I want to see some of my favourite characters from Avengers Academy put through that kind of thing. The premise is the main sticking point and as I've never read the writer's work before that makes me even more wary. I won't completely write it off but I'm certainly not spending any money on trying it out unless I hear good comments about it 4-5 issues into the run. There's more deserving books IMO, or to put it another way more enticing books for me: see Hickman's Avengers which also has the bonus of Opena artwork.