Page 144 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154194244644 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    So is anybody here checking out Avengers Arena?
    I'm planning on checking that one out.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Speaking of the Earth One books, I read Superman Earth One vol. 2 last night, and it was awesome. I loved it. =) Is that Wonder Woman book by Morrison going to be in the Earth One line? =O
    Yeah which is stupid, there's a whole mess of drama created by Dan Didio, here's the full story:
    - Greg Rucka worked hard and was willing to do work for Wonder Woman: Earth One by Dan Didio
    - Grant Morrison has a single project in mind that's his take on the character
    - Dan Didio decides that there can only be room for 1 Wonder Woman OGN instead of two, calls in favorites and more or less backstabs Greg Rucka
    - This is why Rucka went over to Marvel

Why is this a problem? Because Grant Morrison has plans for a single project for Wonder Woman, there can only be hope that Morrison gets so excited about Wonder Woman that he wants to write more stories about her, while Rucka who is very passionate about the character and very commerciable, could have been put on the Earth One line. What we know about Wonder Woman Earth One for now is:
    - Morrison wants to make Steve Trevor "worthy" of having Diana has his girlfriend
    - Etta Candy is white & chubby again.
    - This quote from Morrison:
    “No, no, I’m hoping, I’ve really done my research.” He pauses before continuing. “And again I find that a lot of that stuff, and I know it gets me into more trouble, it’s just all artificial to me. I don’t give a fuck what gender you are, or whether you’re a worm or a zebra. Honestly as long as you’re friendly and can communicate, that’s all I care about. And I can understand why you might take certain separatist positions but I just don’t feel that way.

… So I wanted to deal with that, what happens to eroticism and sex when it’s [three] thousand years after men, you know when even the women who’ve been doing it to one another are bored shitless after twenty five [hundred] years. So I think there’s something a lot weirder than what people anticipate coming up with this!”
    TLDR: Imo Morrison's project should have been given it's own name/brand, and Rucka given Earth One.

PS. How did you like the Hooker in volume 2?!

@Wolverine12: Got any recommended Cable trades for me?
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Yeah which is stupid, there's a whole mess of drama created by Dan Didio, here's the full story:
    - Greg Rucka worked hard and was willing to do work for Wonder Woman: Earth One by Dan Didio
    - Grant Morrison has a single project in mind that's his take on the character
    - Dan Didio decides that there can only be room for 1 Wonder Woman OGN instead of two, calls in favorites and more or less backstabs Greg Rucka
    - This is why Rucka went over to Marvel

Why is this a problem? Because Grant Morrison has plans for a single project for Wonder Woman, there can only be hope that Morrison gets so excited about Wonder Woman that he wants to write more stories about her, while Rucka who is very passionate about the character and very commerciable, could have been put on the Earth One line. What we know about Wonder Woman Earth One for now is:
    - Morrison wants to make Steve Trevor "worthy" of having Diana has his girlfriend
    - Etta Candy is white & chubby again.
    - This quote from Morrison:

TLDR: Imo Morrison's project should have been given it's own name/brand, and Rucka given Earth One.

PS. How did you like the Hooker in volume 2?!

@Wolverine12: Got any recommended Cable trades for me?
    Yea I'm not sure if I want Morrison's crazy ideas in Earth One. It wouldn't fit the line all that well. That sucks about what happened to Rucka. =\

I thought the hooker was alright. =p She was a good character. It did made me wonder if Superman could contract STD's though. Lol.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

So is anybody here checking out Avengers Arena?
    Having read most of Avengers Academy, I'm curious about that one.

Yea I'm not sure if I want Morrison's crazy ideas in Earth One. It wouldn't fit the line all that well.
    Oh, but having poorly made story elements like the tv people talking about Superman, the cat story to get you into having tears for Supes and having Parasite's sister get close to him are story elements that fit the line well?! Bah Humbug i say to you and your acceptance of cliches. :b
    That sucks about what happened to Rucka. =\
    Yeah it's just major bullshit.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Oh, but having poorly made story elements like the tv people talking about Superman, the cat story to get you into having tears for Supes and having Parasite's sister get close to him are story elements that fit the line well?! Bah Humbug i say to you and your acceptance of cliches. :b
    Wait, I thought you liked Superman Earth One?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Having read most of Avengers Academy, I'm curious about that one.
    Is it worth it to pick up the TPB's of Avengers Academy? I was always kind of interested in that series but never got into it
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Speaking of the Earth One books, I read Superman Earth One vol. 2 last night, and it was awesome. I loved it. =) Is that Wonder Woman book by Morrison going to be in the Earth One line? =O
    I love the Earth One books too, but not a whole lot has been revealed about the Wonder Woman book Grant Morrison is doing. I'm wondering if this book is in the comic equivalent to development hell or something because it was announced a while ago. But not much has been said about it since. But given the success of the Earth One books, it makes too much sense for DC to not include Wonder Woman to complete the trinity of their top characters. But there may be a chance this project Morrison is working on has nothing to do with Earth One. We just don't know yet. Hopefully, more info comes along in the coming months so we have even more to look forward to in 2013.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Wait, I thought you liked Superman Earth One?
    Superman: Earth One volume 1 is a 6/10 and the 2nd volume is a 7/10, they're incredibly flawed & written for the most mainstream of audiences, instead of trying to inspire and be osmething much more creative and thus becoming a phenomon, something like Watchmen (which i dislike by the way) alongside Dark Knight Returns accomplished. It's like the Disney Marvel movies, mainstream successes with their routine of having tons of laughs and heroic heroes.

Batman: Earth One i loved, much less flaws and very interesting takes on the characters.

PS. You didn't answer mah question!

@MarvelMaster:

Woah talk about not knowing what you're talking about. A little bit of google research would solve all your questions and ponders.
    Last edited by Drz; 12-03-2012 at 03:56 AM.
    My Blog

Is it worth it to pick up the TPB's of Avengers Academy? I was always kind of interested in that series but never got into it
    It's written better than Bendis's Avengers, but it didn't set the world on fire. If you're really into teen heroes--New Mutants, Runaways, etc--then you'll probably like this.

Superman: Earth One volume 1 is a 6/10 and the 2nd volume is a 7/10, they're incredibly flawed & written for the most mainstream of audiences, instead of trying to inspire and be osmething much more creative and thus becoming a phenomon, something like Watchmen (which i dislike by the way) alongside Dark Knight Returns accomplished. It's like the Disney Marvel movies, mainstream successes with their routine of having tons of laughs and heroic heroes.

Batman: Earth One i loved, much less flaws and very interesting takes on the characters.

PS. You didn't answer mah question!

@MarvelMaster:

Woah talk about not knowing what you're talking about. A little bit of google research would solve all your questions and ponders.
    I must of missed it, what was the question?
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

On Vacation

"Star Wars: Legacy" Returns In 2013
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42465
    So i'm actually more excited for this series then Brain Wood's star wars. weird

I must of missed it, what was the question?
    Recommended Cable reading please. :b
    My Blog

This made me sad... :(

"Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

This made me sad... :(

Wow...

10char
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF