Page 142 of 824 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192242642 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 12359

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Oh, false alarm everyone! Go for it. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Thanks, Zap :)

Though, at this point I'm just shopping. The question won't come for a while. Right now I have a month-long vacation to prepare for for January. So any popped questions are at least a couple of months away :P
    I hope you realize this means we get to come up with crazy ways (most likely never to be used due to A)sheer absurdity or B) unreasonable budgets) for you to propose.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I hope you realize this means we get to come up with crazy ways (most likely never to be used due to A)sheer absurdity or B) unreasonable budgets) for you to propose.
    LOL Well that sounds promising
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Ow, my question. You popped it!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

"Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I noticed in my email this morning that Aquaman #14 is Comixology's featured pick this week. Would I be completely lost if I picked it up, or would a past issue be better?
    I haven't read it yet, but from what I've heard is that it's about the aftermath of the previous arc. I'd just pick it up from #1, but if you're on a budget I'd pick it up at #7 which, I believe, is the start of 'The Others' arc.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Nah Aquaman #14 isn't ana ftermath, but a preguel to the JL crossover Throne of Atlantis:

READ THE ENTIRE EPIC CROSSOVER!

NOVEMBER

Prelude: AQUAMAN #14

DECEMBER

Part 1: JUSTICE LEAGUE #15
    Part 2: AQUAMAN #15

JANUARY

Part 3: JUSTICE LEAGUE #16
    Part 4: AQUAMAN #16

FEBRUARY

Part 5: JUSTICE LEAGUE #17

IT'S NOT SAFE TO GO IN THE WATER!
    Rockybanks, don't bother with single issues of Aquaman, Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis really handle it slowly focusing on good art, impaling stuff and so on to get this sort of mainstream novelty for Aquaman, but you're on a tight budget so i'd recommend something else instead.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

On Vacation

So what did everyone think of Al--New x-men 2? I thought it was a great comic. Pretty unexpected coming from Bendis.

Nah Aquaman #14 isn't ana ftermath, but a preguel to the JL crossover Throne of Atlantis:

Rockybanks, don't bother with single issues of Aquaman, Geoff Johns and Ivan Reis really handle it slowly focusing on good art, impaling stuff and so on to get this sort of mainstream novelty for Aquaman, but you're on a tight budget so i'd recommend something else instead.
    Well there you have it, Rocky. =p I think it'd be a better read in trade format. You can get a new copy for $14.98 (including shipping) here.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Well there you have it, Rocky. =p I think it'd be a better read in trade format. You can get a new copy for $14.98 (including shipping) here.
    Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    So what did everyone think of Al--New x-men 2? I thought it was a great comic. Pretty unexpected coming from Bendis.
    Do tell. I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I thought it was pretty awesome. I thought the first issue was somewhat sub-par, but this one really blew me away. It's the first time since Ultimate Spider-Man that I've seen Bendis utilize melodrama effectively. I can't say I ever got that sense from his Avengers run. I still believe that Avengers doesn't play to Bendis's strengths as a writer. All New X-men clearly does so far and I hope it continues.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I thought it was pretty awesome. I thought the first issue was somewhat sub-par, but this one really blew me away. It's the first time since Ultimate Spider-Man that I've seen Bendis utilize melodrama effectively. I can't say I ever got that sense from his Avengers run. I still believe that Avengers doesn't play to Bendis's strengths as a writer. All New X-men clearly does so far and I hope it continues.
    You have calmed some of my anxieties about this book. I subscribed to it right out of the gate, gambling that it wouldn't be a repeat of his Avengers run.

Ring shopping isn't nearly as stressful or scary as I'd imagined... However, I'm dreading the sit-down with her parents
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Ring shopping isn't nearly as stressful or scary as I'd imagined... However, I'm dreading the sit-down with her parents
    Dude, that part was way harder. I just proposed this past July and that wasn't as difficult as asking her dad. I knew he would be cool with it but I was terrified he was going to start crying.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Dude, that part was way harder. I just proposed this past July and that wasn't as difficult as asking her dad. I knew he would be cool with it but I was terrified he was going to start crying.
    Yeah the proposal will be the easy part, and I'm very excited about it. I know exactly how I'm going to do it and when, I just have to make sure all the pieces of the puzzle are in place.

Her parents love me and I'm sure they are aware that I'm going to propose at some point and actually WANT me to be a part of their family, but the thought of actually talking to them about it and "taking away their little girl" or whatever goes on in women's parents' heads terrifies the hell out of me

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    You have calmed some of my anxieties about this book. I subscribed to it right out of the gate, gambling that it wouldn't be a repeat of his Avengers run.
    Well so far so good. I think that Avengers just wasn't the kind of book that plays to Bendis's strengths. As Ultimate Spider-Man has shown for years, Bendis is at his best when he deals with young characters and a sense of melodrama. He just didn't have the necessary opportunities in Avengers. All New X-men #2 captured the kind of emotion that Bendis was so great at capturing in Ultimate Spider-Man. He's got a younger cast of characters and a more emotionally charged storyline, which should play to his strengths.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme