Page 139 of 824 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 12359
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Will you ever give Captain America series the chance he deserves?:(
    Mind if I reply? He's already reading one really annoying Captain America, he doesn't need to be reading two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I just bought a brand new 250 GB PS3 with Infamous 1 and 2 and Uncharted 1 and 2 off of Amazon for $120. I'm naughty.
    Nice! I've played all those games and they're really awesome. I hope you'll enjoy them too! Should keep you occupied with games until Christmas comes around.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Speaking of games...is Final Fantasy XIII safe to play on a PS3? I know there was some big thing regarding that when it first came out. Have they re-released a fixed-up version or something?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Speaking of games...is Final Fantasy XIII safe to play on a PS3? I know there was some big thing regarding that when it first came out. Have they re-released a fixed-up version or something?
    I suggest you wait for Final Fantasy Verses XIII. It's a proper FF, with massive New York like cities and free roaming environments. I kid you not. It's a stand alone FF game, with all new characters but set on the other side of the world which is FF XIII and FF XIII-2. So the FF XIII universe is pretty big. Both FF 13 1&2 are terrible FF games. But FF Verses XIII is a much greater technical achievement. Whilst lots of other FF games are being released, disappointing everybody, Verses XIII has been developing and developing for nearly eight years. It's Japanese gaming making a comeback and actually exceeding all expectations for the first time in almost a decade. I honestly believe Verses XIII will convince western gamers to take interest in Japanese gaming once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Wow, what a deal!
    I know! I'm really stoked about this. Lol. Now I have a Blu-ray player too!

I missed out both the Sly cooper trilogy and God of War collection lightning deals. :( Purchased like 15-20 Blu-ray movies ranging from 3-7$ dollars per.
    Ah that sucks you missed those deals. Which movies did you purchase? I got my first two Blu-ray movies yesterday: Prometheus and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Nice! I've played all those games and they're really awesome. I hope you'll enjoy them too! Should keep you occupied with games until Christmas comes around.
    Sweet! Yea those will definitely keep me occupied well past the holidays. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I suggest you wait for Final Fantasy Verses XIII. It's a proper FF, with massive New York like cities and free roaming environments. I kid you not. It's a stand alone FF game, with all new characters but set on the other side of the world which is FF XIII and FF XIII-2. So the FF XIII universe is pretty big. Both FF 13 1&2 are terrible FF games. But FF Verses XIII is a much greater technical achievement. Whilst lots of other FF games are being released, disappointing everybody, Verses XIII has been developing and developing for nearly eight years. It's Japanese gaming making a comeback and actually exceeding all expectations for the first time in almost a decade. I honestly believe Verses XIII will convince western gamers to take interest in Japanese gaming once again.
    I agree. XIII sucked terribly. I couldn't stand it.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    I'm gonna be taking a long break from CBR. Maybe a permanent one. If you want to contact me you can reach me on Twitter @wyokid, my email wyokid99@gmail.com, or if we're already friends on Facebook. You guys were really cool.
    Well, I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. Ditto on the last part. I await your return. Take care, Darman456.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Ah that sucks you missed those deals. Which movies did you purchase? I got my first two Blu-ray movies yesterday: Prometheus and Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.
    Brave, Leon the Professional, American Psycho, Ocean's 11 trilogy, Martin Scorsere trilogy: Goodfellas, Aviator and Departed, Stanley Kubrick Trilogy: Shining, Clockwork Orange (my favorite Kubrick movie), 2001: A Space Odyssey, Firefly: the Complete series, Serenity, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Gone with the Wild, Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam, Superman vs. the Elite and so on.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Brave, Leon the Professional, American Psycho, Ocean's 11 trilogy, Martin Scorsere trilogy: Goodfellas, Aviator and Departed, Stanley Kubrick Trilogy: Shining, Clockwork Orange (my favorite Kubrick movie), 2001: A Space Odyssey, Firefly: the Complete series, Serenity, Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker, Gone with the Wild, Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam, Superman vs. the Elite and so on.
    Nice! I was super close to getting the Ocean's 11 trilogy, but I decided it could wait. Ocean's 11 is probably one of my top ten favorite movies.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

After this weekend, I want to write an article on the nature of spoilers in the information age.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    After this weekend, I want to write an article on the nature of spoilers in the information age.
    Lol thankfully I can't believe it but I didn't get spoiled for Amazing Spider 698. And it was a glorious reveal. I had to do a double take and then a triple take and then a quadruple take. It was pretty awesome. Sometimes I just have to close my laptop cover and go into information coma.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Lol thankfully I can't believe it but I didn't get spoiled for Amazing Spider 698. And it was a glorious reveal. I had to do a double take and then a triple take and then a quadruple take. It was pretty awesome. Sometimes I just have to close my laptop cover and go into information coma.
    Same here. I managed to avoid spoilers for ASM 698 without even trying, but I recorded the Egg Bowl and had it spoiled for me right after I turned it on.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Same here. I managed to avoid spoilers for ASM 698 without even trying, but I recorded the Egg Bowl and had it spoiled for me right after I turned it on.
    Did you hear about K-state's loss last week? You were right. oh how the mighty have fallen. Still though it wasn't as bad as the time K-state's team snapped to no one. Yes that's right no one. It's hilarious now but back then there were a lot of angry people. Seriously how did that happen?

Nice! I was super close to getting the Ocean's 11 trilogy, but I decided it could wait. Ocean's 11 is probably one of my top ten favorite movies.
    I also saw Universal's Monsters blu-ray collection is getting an Lightning Deal, but i'm at work, so i'll try and check out on my iPhone later this evening and see how cheap i could get it. It has all the 1st appearences of Dracula, Frankenstein and so on. So how have you guys liked Geoff John's Cheetah arc on Justice League? The trouble this 2-issue arc is the same as the previous fill in arc had, it was filler almost. Like, you have these small character progressions, reveals and whatnot revealed in 30 page comic that almost feel too little, but god damn is the Shazam back-up as awesome as usual. Here's some teases DC blog has revealed:

Batman's face for real. :b Aquaman being a boss like usual.

Throne of Atlantis!

On the other side of the coin, there has been no shortage of plotlines in "Justice League" from Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship to Cyborg's status as a hero to the gap left by Green Lantern's quitting the team. How does this war with Atlantis impact those developments?

You'll see a lot more on those. Superman and Wonder Woman are central to issue #15, and their plotline is at the very top of the issue. That character relationship, where its going and how it will evolve is central to this story. Cyborg actually sees his biggest role to date in this storyline, strangely enough. We'll see the evolution of where he's going. And also Batman and Aquaman have this relationship where their working partnership develops throughout this storyline. The whole team comes to a realization through this story about what the Justice League really needs to be and how to help one another, they have to create a team as strong as the world requires. If the first year was about world building, the second year is about embracing that theme of "World's Greatest Heroes." They've got to become those and be those. And that will include opening the ranks.

For a while, we've seen seeds sewn in "Justice League" that we know will lead to "Justice League of America" Steve Trevor, Green Arrow and Shazam's parts come to mind. Now that "Throne of Atlantis" is taking ful reign of the team's adventures, are all those prelude threads wrapped before the new book's #1 ships?

"JLA" is set to be a very different book from "Justice League." What I wanted to do was create two different books with extremely different viewpoints. "Justice League" is all about the world's greatest heroes. They are established as the world's greatest heroes already and stand shoulder-to-shoulder. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Superman, Batman and the rest are already there. They have a status. So "Sword of Atlantis" is about doing the biggest character story we can possibly do with them with the biggest possible threats. That's what that book will continue to be with Ivan and Joe.

On the flipside, you have "JLA" which is really about exploring potential that's not yet realized. It's all about exploring the potential of heroes who are underrated or undervalued and not quite perceived as the A-list. And it's about Steve Trevor's determination to turn them into that. Vibe gets called out a lot because he's a very unlikely character. And that's fine. We've also got the new Green Lantern and Hawkman and Katana. Where are these characters going to go? We know that at the end of the day, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are going to be around. But at the end of the day, we don't know what direction these guys will take. Are they going to make it on the team? What will they evolve into or devolve into in the case of one of them? So "JLA" is really becoming it's own beast a different thematic world of the B and C-List where as "Justice League" is strictly A.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

OMG Batman is a creeper.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    OMG Batman is a creeper.
    Well actually that was kind of mild compared to some of the other creepish stuff he has done.