Page 136 of 824 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146186236636 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 12359

Anyone else here have their Christmas tree up already? Or am I just really weird about being proactive on the holidays?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Hey Plawsky, got anything fun planned for your 5000th post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    I've got some fun stuff planned, but it's not ready to go yet. I suppose I could post a preview for #5000.
    As promised, a brief preview at things to come...

To another 5000 posts!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

I'm done my Christmas shopping :D
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I'm done my Christmas shopping :D
    Didn't even wait till black friday?

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Anyone else here have their Christmas tree up already? Or am I just really weird about being proactive on the holidays?
    My wife already has the house decked out in Christmas decorations, and it's grinding on my nerves. I like to enjoy Thanksgiving first, without being surrounded by Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Didn't even wait till black friday?
    Canada does not celebrate Black Friday. We have Boxing Day on December 26 instead.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Batman was emotionally freaking out to Dick in Batman #14.

So what you're saying is that Sam Humphries' writing on the Ultimates is perfectly good, because each writer has his/her take on the characters? ;) See this is where the argument leads to:
    * Continuity
    * Writer doing his own take

Who on earth cares about Snyder making a Batman pussy in order for his bigger villains to work? He did a fine job with Dick Grayson without pussifying him, this isn't about making Batman "more human, more heart" because you got plenty of books like that. It's a lousy defense.
    No, I really dislike Humphries' writing. He can have his own take, but I said that not everyone is going to like it. In his case, most everyone doesn't. =p

I don't think Batman is 'pussified.' I like my Batman with a little heart.

Ours got put up a couple of days ago. We usually wait until after Thanksgiving, but I guess not this year. =p
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

So I just picked up the last three graphic novels of Runaways (Dead Wrong, Rock Zombies, and Homeschooling). Good God, they were awful. Much as I love the Runaways and the original two volumes, especially Whedon's arc, I've gotta say, it should've ended with the kids coming back from 1907. These stories were filled with horrible dialogue, bad and regressive characterization, plot developments made to seem much more dramatic than they really were, and confusing artwork. The only benefit is that I now have a better idea of where the team will be mentally when Nico and Chase go into Avengers Arena...

On a more positive note, the first two TPBs of "Fables" were excellent. I'll admit, I mainly checked this series out because I'm a fan of ABC's "Once Upon a Time" and I wanted to see how similar the two were. Apart from the initial premise (fairytale characters are trapped in modern-day America) they're incredible different tonally, and I love that I can enjoy both series as vastly different works.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Sorry I can't. He blocked me as well. Not that I really want to speak to him anyway.
    Oh well. I don't understand it, but to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Canada does not celebrate Black Friday. We have Boxing Day on December 26 instead.
    Hey, so do we!

I don't even know about Black Friday until now. I guess it's a day where there's usually lots of sales on in America. Is it an actual holiday? Do you get bank holidays in US or Canada?

Nah, much too soon for me. Me Birthday's on Saturday. After that I can start thinking about Christmas. I normally put our decorations up a couple weeks before Christmas.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    So I just picked up the last three graphic novels of Runaways (Dead Wrong, Rock Zombies, and Homeschooling). Good God, they were awful. Much as I love the Runaways and the original two volumes, especially Whedon's arc, I've gotta say, it should've ended with the kids coming back from 1907. These stories were filled with horrible dialogue, bad and regressive characterization, plot developments made to seem much more dramatic than they really were, and confusing artwork. The only benefit is that I now have a better idea of where the team will be mentally when Nico and Chase go into Avengers Arena...

On a more positive note, the first two TPBs of "Fables" were excellent. I'll admit, I mainly checked this series out because I'm a fan of ABC's "Once Upon a Time" and I wanted to see how similar the two were. Apart from the initial premise (fairytale characters are trapped in modern-day America) they're incredible different tonally, and I love that I can enjoy both series as vastly different works.
    1907? That was the year the Federal Reserve gained power over Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    1907? That was the year the Federal Reserve gained power over Congress.
    Oh, really? I totally didn't know that. I mentioned that year because the Runaways had a time-traveling adventure to New York City in that year.

I don't even know about Black Friday until now. I guess it's a day where there's usually lots of sales on in America. Is it an actual holiday? Do you get bank holidays in US or Canada?
    Black Friday isn't an actual holiday, it's more of a term made popular by stores and commercials. It's kind of insane, people get trampled and stuff. Some people actually go out after Thanksgiving dinner to go wait in line for sales.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

If you want an even more recent update on the Runaways, they appeared in two issues of Avengers Academy (#27 and #28, I believe).

BANNED

Oh, really? I totally didn't know that. I mentioned that year because the Runaways had a time-traveling adventure to New York City in that year.
    No resemblance then.

Black Friday isn't an actual holiday, it's more of a term made popular by stores and commercials. It's kind of insane, people get trampled and stuff. Some people actually go out after Thanksgiving dinner to go wait in line for sales.
    I see. So no one takes the day off?

In the UK we have a few days a years called a Bank Holiday. They're only a day long, usually on a Monday. During this time accountants and bank managers (try to) sort out the country's finances.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I see. So no one takes the day off?

In the UK we have a few days a years called a Bank Holiday. They're only a day long, usually on a Monday. During this time accountants and bank managers (try to) sort out the country's finances.
    It's not an official holiday, but most people take the day off anyway, since it's the day after Thanksgiving.

Why don't we have a thread for Ultimate Spidey #17 yet?

spoilers:
    the dude with the beard in the back of the SHIELD truck along with Jefferson looks an awful lot like Eddie Brock. Maybe this is "Venom's Connection to Jefferson" that was mentioned in the solicits of February's issue... Although probably not :P
    end of spoilers