Page 134 of 824 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 12359
  1. #1996
    of Earth-1610 RockyBanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Nah I still have to work so that sucks. At least we got comics this week.


    America disapproves.

  2. #1997
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361

    Default

    Since i don't celebrate it, i guess i could play Assassin's Creed 3 and think of you guys? <3
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  3. #1998
    Mr. Papaya Balfro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,515

    Default

    We had our Thanksgiving weeks ago ;)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

  4. #1999
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    What day is Thanksgiving? It's my birthday on Saturday, the 24th November. Is that the same day as Thanksgiving?

    I think on that day, regardless of where we live, it would be nice if we all show our gratitude for certain American creations. Like Marvel, DC, Image, God of War, 500 Days of Summer, Crispy Cream Doughnuts, The Matrix, Quentin Tarantino, The Marshal Mathers LP, Guns & Roses, Back To The Future and your excellent, excellent food industry. I want to go on Holiday in America just so I can eat all your wonderful food. I think it would be cool if the entire world for one day were happy about America and its accomplishments instead of complaining about it all the time. There's undoubtably something about America for everyone to be thankful for.

    Do Canada celebrate Thanksgiving?

  5. #2000
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    We had our Thanksgiving weeks ago ;)
    What's that? Is it related to Americas? :)
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-19-2012 at 10:39 AM.

  6. #2001
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default


  7. #2002
    of Earth-1610 RockyBanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    What day is Thanksgiving? It's my birthday on Saturday, the 24th November. Is that the same day as Thanksgiving?
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Do Canada celebrate Thanksgiving?
    In the US, Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday of November (the 22nd this year). Canada's is on the second Monday of October.

  8. #2003
    Sentinel of Liberty Drz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Home!
    Posts
    9,361
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

  9. #2004
    of Earth-1610 RockyBanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    I think on that day, regardless of where we live, it would be nice if we all show our gratitude for certain American creations. Like Marvel, DC, Image, God of War, 500 Days of Summer, Crispy Cream Doughnuts, The Matrix, Quentin Tarantino, The Marshal Mathers LP, Guns & Roses, Back To The Future and your excellent, excellent food industry. I want to go on Holiday in America just so I can eat all your wonderful food. I think it would be cool if the entire world for one day were happy about America and its accomplishments instead of complaining about it all the time. There's undoubtably something about America for everyone to be thankful for.
    I'm down for that, and would gladly reciprocate. For such a small island, you guys have had an inordinate impact on world history and culture. I'd give my left arm to come visit sometime; the few hours I've spent in Heathrow hardly count.

  10. #2005
    On Vacation
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    So what everyone's thoughts on the upcoming Bendis/Hitch Age of Ultron?
    Hitch hasn't been that relevant for awhile now. I'm not sure if his artwork is the right fit. Ever since his ultimates work his own artwork can't compare to it. It already reached it's max and it feels like anything else he draws is just lower quality art.
    Last edited by sage6paths; 11-19-2012 at 12:42 PM.

  11. #2006
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I'm down for that, and would gladly reciprocate. For such a small island, you guys have had an inordinate impact on world history and culture. I'd give my left arm to come visit sometime; the few hours I've spent in Heathrow hardly count.
    Coming from Texas, I suggest you bring a very warm coat.

    A lot of people from Europe like the UK because of how hilly it is compared to most of Europe which is quite flat. I was really surprised at how well we did in the Olympics, considering our reasonably small population. We came third, just behind the US and China.

    I'm often very impressed by the British gaming industry. Nowadays I buy more British games than Japanese, which I never thought I'd end up doing. I'm also extremely proud of our music and our actors. However our motor vehicle companies are now practically non-existent. We haven't made a good car in decades. Most of us blame Margaret Thatcher for our massive decline in ingenuity and exportation. Thanks to her, we've got very little profits coming into the country, except for what we make via warfare. Practically every business is in a state of monetary decline. In average, 26 pubs/bars go out of business every week, and every few days a huge multi-billion pound business goes bankrupt, despite the growing popularity of our entertainment.
    Last edited by Robbie_Jee; 11-19-2012 at 12:43 PM.

  12. #2007
    Somebody's Ceiling Time_to_Zap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Really old city
    Posts
    6,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    I'm down for that, and would gladly reciprocate. For such a small island, you guys have had an inordinate impact on world history and culture. I'd give my left arm to come visit sometime; the few hours I've spent in Heathrow hardly count.
    I love British period dramas. ^_^
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

  13. #2008
    Back to formula?! Sinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Nah I still have to work so that sucks. At least we got comics this week.
    Tell me about it dude. I have to work 9 hours on Thanksgiving. At least I'm getting paid time and a half for it.

    Yes! I'm glad it sounds like they're fast tracking this line of books now. MOAR!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Coming from Texas, I suggest you bring a very warm coat.

    A lot of people from Europe like the UK because of how hilly it is compared to most of Europe which is quite flat. I was really surprised at how well we did in the Olympics, considering our reasonably small population. We came third, just behind the US and China.

    I'm often very impressed by the British gaming industry. Nowadays I buy more British games than Japanese, which I never thought I'd end up doing. I'm also extremely proud of our music and our actors. However our motor vehicle companies are now practically non-existent. We haven't made a good car in decades. Most of us blame Margaret Thatcher for our massive decline in ingenuity and exportation. Thanks to her, we've got very little profits coming into the country, except for what we make via warfare. Practically every business is in a state of monetary decline. In average, 26 pubs/bars go out of business every week, and every few days a huge multi-billion pound business goes bankrupt, despite the growing popularity of our entertainment.
    I like British music (Muse, Jamie T, and Enter Shikari to name a few), television (Sherlock!), and film (Snatch, This is England, many more). I can't say much about your food though seeing as I've only been to England once when I was about 13.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

  14. #2009
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,854

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    I like British music (Muse, Jamie T, and Enter Shikari to name a few), television (Sherlock!), and film (Snatch, This is England, many more). I can't say much about your food though seeing as I've only been to England once when I was about 13.
    I love Muse. They're one of my favourite bands and I love the songs they've been pumpin out recently. Their newer stuff more influenced, but I think they're all the better for it. I've been singing 'Uprising' a lot lately, really loud in the shower and on the landing when I come out of the shower. It gets me in a good mood before I start my day.

    Yeah This Is England is great. I love how it was about friendship. Woody was a very likable character. I also liked how it sort of explained the ugly, stupid, dick-head-ish-ness of some of the racial hatred within the UK. There is quite a lot of general ignorance amongst men between the ages of about 45 and 65 in the UK who often get drunk and complain about immigrants, military, terrorists and shit. They're hateful human beings who drink heavily and often show their disgust for Thatcher, her selling the country out to Europe back in the eighties and the war in the Falklands. There are more brown people in the UK than white, so it's a pretty cultured country, but the News doesn't really help when it complains about immigrants. There are a lot of stupid folk in Britain who are mostly older men, and they blame everything on immigrants, arabs, asians, the lot. However nowadays, in the 21'st Century, those stupid old ****s are dying of liver failiure or some shit, and their beliefs are dying with them. So good riddance to them.. Have you seen This Is England '86 TV series. It was a short series but it was brilliant. All the characters from the film are in it too but a little older. It explores each of the characters a little more and it's absolutely superb. And because it's 1986, the World Cup is on the telly. Ever heard of the Goal of Maradona? You'll laugh when you watch it. :}

  15. #2010
    Somebody's Ceiling Time_to_Zap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Really old city
    Posts
    6,292
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •