Page 120 of 824 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 12359
    Elder Member

Deadpool was great. Really looking forward to the next issue.

That's not bad... More than that I want his ultimate harness.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Going for FREE on Comixology if anyone wants them.
    - Ultimate Comics: Armor Wars #1
    - Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2 #1
    - Ultimate Comics: Avengers 2 #2
    Awesome! Thanks :)

So I read Iron Man NOW! #1: I actually really liked it. I may even read #2 :D
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    That's not bad... More than that I want his ultimate harness.

So I read Iron Man NOW! #1: I actually really liked it. I may even read #2 :D
    lol maybe one day.

Good on ya! You read Deadpool?

Today I watched Big Nothing. Stars Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer. It was pretty good dark comedy. Not for everyone though. The reason I bring this up though is that I learned that Simon Pegg does an incredibly believable American accent. His English accent was my only problem with him playing Scott Lang, but now that I know he can act his way out of it...SIMON PEGG FOR SCOTT LANG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Today I watched Big Nothing. Stars Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer. It was pretty good dark comedy. Not for everyone though. The reason I bring this up though is that I learned that Simon Pegg does an incredibly believable American accent. His English accent was my only problem with him playing Scott Lang, but now that I know he can act his way out of it...SIMON PEGG FOR SCOTT LANG!!!

That clip was awesome. I'm going to have to check this movie out.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    That clip was awesome. I'm going to have to check this movie out.
    It's on Netflix if you have it. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Matthew Vaughn left X-Men Sequel to work on the Secret Service comic he co-created with Millar.

I find this rather believable, with the Bond franchise going strong, especially with the very well made Skyfall movie, i can see why Vaugh wants to make his movie that is pretty much Batman & Robin meets SHIELD meets James Bond.
    [URL="http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/07/thoughts-on-comics/"]
    If this is true, I think it's perfectly believable as well. X-men First Class was pretty rushed if I recall so he didn't have a whole lot of input. The fact it was so well-received might have been a fluke or he may just have a knack for a certain style of movie. It sounds like that Secret Service has a similar style that he's good at utilizing. But I get the sense that if X-men DFP is bad, he's going to get the blame for jumping ship. I'm not saying that would be logical, but when movies are bad fans love to do a lot of finger-pointing. I myself am guilty of it and because of the way the X-men movies have been over the years, there have been many fingers doing many pointings.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    If this is true, I think it's perfectly believable as well. X-men First Class was pretty rushed if I recall so he didn't have a whole lot of input. The fact it was so well-received might have been a fluke or he may just have a knack for a certain style of movie. It sounds like that Secret Service has a similar style that he's good at utilizing. But I get the sense that if X-men DFP is bad, he's going to get the blame for jumping ship. I'm not saying that would be logical, but when movies are bad fans love to do a lot of finger-pointing. I myself am guilty of it and because of the way the X-men movies have been over the years, there have been many fingers doing many pointings.
    Matthew Vaughn had alot to do with X-men First Class! It was his vision to make the 60s vibe work, it was his love for Sean Connery James Bond to get Michael Fassbender and get this whole Magneto is the coolest anti-hero mother fucker out there. If X-men DFP sucks, it will be because of the creative team, not because Matthew Vaughn and his script mate Jane Goldman left the project for Secret Service.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    Oh I dropped Action Comics ages ago. =P
    I know & it continues to be your loss.

PS. John Layman's Detective Comics is pretty good stuff, 2 issues in and it's really kicking in the villain perspective.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    PS. John Layman's Detective Comics is pretty good stuff, 2 issues in and it's really kicking in the villain perspective.
    I hope he's wearing rubber lips right now.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation

So Kick-Ass 2 is going to be Hit-Girl and Kick-Ass 2 combined. I was wondering how they were going to extend the Kick-ass 2 storyline into the movie because the comic was kinda short. I hope the director doesn't kill Jim Carrey in an awful way like in the comic.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/11/...of-kick-ass-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    He actually has a cool way to get rid of the mind control. I don't wanna spoil anything, but yeah the title is still 3.99$ but the backup is also by Layman and so far (just 2 issues with his run) focuses on some villain, from random street criminal to Arkham inmates.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Deadpool was great. Really looking forward to the next issue.
    It was a good comic. Deadpool is written exactly how he should be and he's really likable. I'm not sure if the story is right for me though. I'm not overly keen on political satire the way Deadpool comics normally do it, but so far there's nothing that I can point out that I really dislike about it yet. The writer is good. In the last couple of pages, we got to see Washington and Lincoln (the only two Presidents I recognised) and they were written pretty well. It's a bit too soon to judge though seeing as we only got a few words from them, but I like them so far. The artwork is REALLY nice. Deadpool's character is fantastic. And though I'm not too keen on the plot, so far I don't really have any problems with it. I'll pick up the second issue. But I don't want this story arc to go on for too long. Still, we should be getting dinosaurs soon. I'm interested in seeing that. However I'm worried about how the book will portray JFK and Thomas Jefferson in future issues because I really admire those two Presidents. Good stuff so far. I give it a very decent score of 7.5/10

Vertigo's Hellblazer cancelled with #300, replaced by DCnU's Constantine.

Anyone here upset over this?

I've never read the Vertigo version, but I like the version of the character that stars in JLD. Aside from his popularity, DC's Dark line has taken some hits lately, so I'm not surprised that he's getting his own New 52 title.

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    Vertigo's Hellblazer cancelled with #300, replaced by DCnU's Constantine.

Anyone here upset over this?

I've never read the Vertigo version, but I like the version of the character that stars in JLD. Aside from his popularity, DC's Dark line has taken some hits lately, so I'm not surprised that he's getting his own New 52 title.
    While I don't read the either version of the character, it's too bad they're canceling Vertigo's longest running series. I know they shifted Vertigo to be full-on creator owned, but it's still too bad that they're ending it.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

On Vacation
    Last edited by sage6paths; 11-08-2012 at 09:37 AM.

My online comic book shop dropped Diamond, so it takes a long time to get any comics. I mean I'm still missing the last two issues of AvX and several Amazing Spider-Man issues among other things. So can anyone recommend any good online shops? I tried Midtown, but they won't accept my Visa Wal-Mart card. At the moment I'm ordering from DCBS, but I don't know how long they'll be doing their 50% off of Marvel NOW titles.
    Thank god comic fans are such a tiny little percentage of the audience needed for a successful film because apparently we not only hate fucking everything, we're willing to even pre-hate things...